Rustina510 wagoon

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So yesterday I drove to Everette in the wagon, long ass drive...

My wagoon burned a quart of oil and now she doesn't want to idle and she spudders pretty dam bad in low rpm's but smoothed out above around 3500.

We adjusted the valves the day before and on my test run she did amazingly better, I talked to the local expert "h5wagon" and he said to change the fuel filter and I don't remember doing that when I bought the car so that's getting done.

So I have tomorrow off and I'll change the fuel filter and look over some other area in the fuel system and hopefully find the issue.

Any ideas on what else I should look at tomorrow?

something wet that may just need to dry out. mine was doing the exact same sputtering and not wanting to idle this weekend. my dad and i had to bleed the clutch, outside, on saturday while it was pouring. drove it back to his shop but it wasnt a happy little goon most of the way. had it inside the shop trying to figure out what it may be for about 3 hours (more brainstorming and researching than anything. made sure my carbs fuel mix was set right and the timing was right and when i fired it up after it had sat inside and dry for a few hours, fired right up and ran fine. other than that, try the carb fuel/air mix and timing, those were the two things i kept turning up in my researching

We adjusted the valves the day before and on my test run she did amazingly better, I talked to the local expert "h5wagon" and he said to change the fuel filter and I don't remember doing that when I bought the car so that's getting done.

LOL.... :rofl: or your points..... :sick:

• Like 1

Mike helped me adjust my valves in the l20b and it really helped a lot, good to know this motor will really hold up a while, sounds way better, feels more responsive, everything inside looked great

I'll get on the fancy Google and look up a procedure... The adjustment would probably help me out.

90 frickin build thread pages between both of you ,,and neither of you know how to adjust the valves on an L motor????

Wow ,,, just,,,,wow

• Like 1

90 frickin build thread pages between both of you ,,and neither of you know how to adjust the valves on an L motor????

Wow ,,, just,,,,wow

Lol I'm not a motor guy, I do brakes and suspension, pretty well but I'm learning motor stuff now.

Not everyone is a gear head yo, but I'm learning.

I checked and the points don't look bad at all, cap and rotor are in very good shape as well, going to go get a fuel filer in a minute and see if that helps.

My pops was also telling me that it might have let something pass the filter that is inside the carb now and causing problems.

So I'll try the filter first, gap the points, and see what she feels like, then go from their

Do you have a air compressor ?? even a tiny one Maybe spray under cap and breaker points with a little bit of WD40 and then dry with air ,,sometimes that helps with mine. when they get damp..But now imma E dizzy type-a-guy so it`s not such a problem any more

Well the plug wires looked like super poopy, so I cleaned up the connections on both ends, the plugs looked good

8D87AE8C-E6CC-441D-9573-0F7EDC6A0932-7387-0000099675B99A27.jpg

Now the coil had a bunch of water and grease inside it too.

D7AB80B6-50C0-41D4-9673-B311DC98033F-7387-0000099676C52DB6.jpg

And the points. Burnt ass no gap points, took them off, filed them down and cleaned them up, regressed the little stick on the points, and gapped them to .017 at the lobe and she is running fuckin perfect again "besides a new valve tick and the oil issue" thx again mike and my dad and everyone on ratsun who was helpfull, I'm very please with my wagoon.

I also bought new points and ignition condenser, I'll install them tomorrow.

Spinning like a top!