just bought '71 PL521 and looking for parts source

Guest roseyroseyrose

plstcnknob.png

white plastic thing is radio delete panel, do you have a radio in your truck or plan to have a radio in your truck? if the answer is yes you don't need the radio delete panel unless you hide an after market radio in the glove box, then attach the delete panel where the stock radio would go.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roseyroseyrose

white plastic thing is radio delete panel, do you have a radio in your truck or plan to have a radio in your truck? if the answer is yes you don't need the radio delete panel unless you hide an after market radio in the glove box, then attach the delete panel where the stock radio would go.

ya, i havent decided what im gonna do with it yet......i only found out what it was yesterday......i guess its rather rare......i just havent thot about what im gonna do about music yet, altho its gonna be new and really loud.....but where to put it? i dunno.....im thinkin about the door panels and the sear cover and dash right now, i wanna get that done first......ive never owned anything that was called a delete b4....lulz

Wouldn't even know where to start to find cardboard like that to do the door panels, there were carbon fiber ones someone was making, was probably gonna go that route, but if I can make some nice ones, even better.

You can see the cowl in this pic its the vented area between the hood and windshield.

P1010270-1.jpg

I too noticed the subliminal eye candy.

Guest roseyroseyrose

Wouldn't even know where to start to find cardboard like that to do the door panels, there were carbon fiber ones someone was making, was probably gonna go that route, but if I can make some nice ones, even better.

You can see the cowl in this pic its the vented area between the hood and windshield.

P1010270-1.jpg

I too noticed the subliminal eye candy.

i was thinking of that hard thin board, but i hav to look at it, i guess.....thanks for teaching what the cowl is, im learning many new things in this forum!

Does your fuel door lock have the little nub for the screw and c-clip on the back? If so you can make the little flap piece that turns. I had to make my own on the red door you see. It didn't turn out perfect but enough to work. I used a dremel to cut the outside and a drill bit rocking it side to side to make a oval hole or a hole with 2 straight sides. Bottom one is home made and top is factory. :D

SANY3874.jpg

Guest roseyroseyrose

Does your fuel door lock have the little nub for the screw and c-clip on the back? If so you can make the little flap piece that turns. I had to make my own on the red door you see. It didn't turn out perfect but enough to work. I used a dremel to cut the outside and a drill bit rocking it side to side to make a oval hole or a hole with 2 straight sides. Bottom one is home made and top is factory. :D

SANY3874.jpg

just the little cylinder, or cam lock is there.....i was thinking of having the welders i use for different stuff try to fix it up for me, but i didnt know what it looked like.....maybe if i show them the pic u posted, they can make it work for me.....its worth a try.....theyre really reasonable too, so it should be cheaper than the $150 that i found a door for......here is a pic of the lock as i found it......what do u think? is it riggable?

lock.jpg

Guest roseyroseyrose

damn i love the pics u took....theyre just what i need to find someone to fix this up for me.....my lock has the tumblers and the key fits right in and they all collapse like theyre supposed to.....i hope i can fix it up, ty so much, i will take this to the welders and see what they say!!!!!

ps if u do this kinda work, id be glad to pay what u charge to fix it for me.....let me kno if ud be interested.....

ok, so here r some pics.....i dont mind whores, ive always been very fond of all kinds of whores.....heehee

the interior in general:

int1.png

the glovebox area:

glvbx.png

hdornmnt.png

engn1.png

wow your truck is just full of treasures. sweet steering wheel. Is that a speaker to the right pf the glovebox? Nice hood ornament. And you also have the windshield washer bag!? luckee. :thumbup:

oh, and if you want to bring a little life to the paint this stuff works great

31QCPg27gAL._SL500_AA260_.jpg

Guest roseyroseyrose

wow your truck is just full of treasures. sweet steering wheel. Is that a speaker to the right pf the glovebox? Nice hood ornament. And you also have the windshield washer bag!? luckee. :thumbup:

oh, and if you want to bring a little life to the paint this stuff works great

31QCPg27gAL._SL500_AA260_.jpg

i dont like that steering wheel....i want a stock one so i can use my horn......but it will have to do for now.....and yes that is a speaker, its pretty ratty tho.....and thanks....i do hav the windshield washer bag.....i think its cute......i am a pretty luckee person.......

and ya, i kno i need to clean it, ive been so busy i havent gotten to hav much fun with it, but i got the spray adhesive i needed to do the door panels, so tomoro im gonna start on them.....i cant wait!

i was gonna say if you are going to redo the door panels might as well gut new ones. just get some 1/8th inch mdf sheets at home depot, use old ones as templates, cut em with band saw(if you have aaccess to one) and that way they'll be straight as can be. but if you just can't wait, like i usually can't when it comes to cars, then use the originals. take tons of pics and do a "how-to" thread. :cool:

Guest roseyroseyrose

i was gonna say if you are going to redo the door panels might as well gut new ones. just get some 1/8th inch mdf sheets at home depot, use old ones as templates, cut em with band saw(if you have aaccess to one) and that way they'll be straight as can be. but if you just can't wait, like i usually can't when it comes to cars, then use the originals. take tons of pics and do a "how-to" thread. :cool:

i kinda want to use the old stuff, just cuz i like old stuff....i do hav tools, but i dont have tons of time, cuz im behind in my work.....plus i cant wait to see them......i am definitely gonna do a how to thread, or the datto thingy.....i even thot of making a video for youtube an linking to it, but it depends if i can get someone to watch and vid me doing them, but i dont wanna wait to find someone whos willing.....maybe i will make a vid of me reupholstering the seat.....its gonna be special......i picked a theme for it, it just came to me.....its gonna be bitchin, haha

Guest roseyroseyrose

If you're interested, this is the panel board that I used when re-doing our door panels on our truck. I figured it was worth the extra bit of money to ensure it would take the abuse of a truck that gets used and won't weather to badly...... especially up here in rainy Seattle ;)

ty......for now im gonna use the original wood cuz i need to get the oil leak fixed and a new starter, and i can do the door panels now with what i have....i got my spray adhesive and i get the vinyl i need tomoro......they may fall apart, but then i can make new boards at that point.....im just anxious to do some fun stuff and get the oil leak taken care of.....it looks like good stuff, tho....as rainy as it there, its as dry and hot here and im sure eventually the boards will succomb to this harsh weather.....i have so many things i wanna do to it all at once, lolzzzzz.....im addicted to my truk......

:P

Guest roseyroseyrose

good luck and cant wait to see the door panels done welcome to ratsun I think the truck is in good hands The 510keeper might have some 521 parts he is on here as( the510keeper)

thx ranman......:cool:

Hi Rose, Great 521. Take the fuel door and lock parts to a locksmith it will be cheaper than you think. As for a dash I have a couple in Phoenix. I am in Northern Nevada working right now but contact gene knight through PM or myself. Gene is in Phoenix & has a couple of my dashes at his house. He also has one of my all metal 520 dash tops there on one of the dashes.

You teased us with the hood ornament picture! How about a picture of you with you 521 so we can put a person to the truck.

I hope to be home in Phoenix in late January.

Guest roseyroseyrose

thanks for the welcome charlie......i already have someone to do my fuel door lock, so im good on that.....im not ready for the dash yet, i have to do things little by little cuz i dont hav a lot of money right now.....

i think i might hav to replace the wood panel for the doors, the ones i pulled out dont look too good......im gonna try to restore and strengthen them, but i dunno if thats gonna work......its rainy here today and the mechanic is still in bed, so i dont think ill get much done......i definitely need new wipers on it, cuz i cant go anywhere til the rain stops......i got woken up by an upholstery shop calling me back with some door panel clips to go look at......its kinda nice having rain tho, so i dont mind that my plans are altered a bit......

ill post a pic eventually.....id like to take a nice one with the truk......if u wanna kno basically what i look like, i look like a little fat blonde mom-type......pretty ordinary looking chick, i guess......