just bought '71 PL521 and looking for parts source

Guest roseyroseyrose

Guest roseyroseyrose

Broken window crank knob, tire valve stem, ?, hazard knob, wiper knob.

Door hinge part?

Radio delete, choke knob.

thanks for the help! too bad none of those things were part of the fuel lock hardware......

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The delete plate would go over the hole in the dash where the stereo would be..... if you didn't have one in the dash already. I would imagine that you either have a hole in the center of your dash, or an aftermarket radio? Either way, those delete plates are pretty highly sought after, so take your time deciding if you want to keep it or not ;)

BTW, nice truck :thumbup:

Guest roseyroseyrose

The delete plate would go over the hole in the dash where the stereo would be..... if you didn't have one in the dash already. I would imagine that you either have a hole in the center of your dash, or an aftermarket radio? Either way, those delete plates are pretty highly sought after, so take your time deciding if you want to keep it or not ;)

BTW, nice truck :thumbup:

Guest roseyroseyrose

i have some sort of aftermarket radio that doesnt work......im gonna hang on to the delete til i figure out what i want to do then......thx for the info and advice and the kind compliment!

ur making me wanna keep it......i didnt kno how cool it was til i posted it......hell i didnt even kno what it was......:blink:

Most of the deletion plates were thrown away when the radio was put in, so they are hard to find in good condition anymore, but they are out there. The locking gas filler door and glovebox lock are very rare, you will not find them very often in the US. The stock clock for the 521 is more than rare, I know/heard of one guy that has one in the US, don't know if his works though, I have only seen photos of them.

Guest roseyroseyrose

Most of the deletion plates were thrown away when the radio was put in, so they are hard to find in good condition anymore, but they are out there. The locking gas filler door and glovebox lock are very rare, you will not find them very often in the US. The stock clock for the 521 is more than rare, I know/heard of one guy that has one in the US, don't know if his works though, I have only seen photos of them.

interesting.....i cleaned the deletion plate and it looks much better, but one of the pegs on the back isnt there.....one is there tho.....i found the lock, but the bar that should be attached to it isnt there, i dont kno if it can be rigged.....i do hav the key for it tho......i dont hav a clock, but i did find the jack that came with it, and the crank bar for it also......i guess i got lucky......

Guest roseyroseyrose

Hey rosey how bout some interior shots?

ill take some pics of the interior......the top of the dash is bad, altho the ashtray is there and i think i can make a very nice cover for it.....the door panels are bad, and im redoing them....the seat is torn up and im going to make a cover for it for now......it seems like i have all the knobs, but they dont stay on and im not sure how to remedy that......the cig lighter works, the heater works, the head liner only has two small holes in it......i keep forgetting to try the interior lamp to see if it works, the speedometer was working when i got it, but it quit, the gas gauge sorta works.....the engine temp doesnt work and here in az, i would like it to work......the blinkers work, and the horn would work, but ive got this awful steering wheel that doesnt have the horn hooked up to it......i got my ipod earbud wire hung up in the horn contact at circle k there other day and i had to get under the hood and pull the juice to the horn to make it stop honking til i figured out y it was blairing nonstop, lolz......do u want to see in the engine too? it seems like people here show pics of all that also......

Guest roseyroseyrose

u have some gorgeous truks, btw:)

Guest roseyroseyrose

Yea engine pics too. We are pic whores. :)

ok, so here r some pics.....i dont mind whores, ive always been very fond of all kinds of whores.....heehee

the interior in general:

int1.png

the cracked up old dashboard:

dash.png

the glovebox area:

glvbx.png

int2.png

the seat held a surprise! i think i found the original upholstery, but only on the seat back.....the bottom part is trashed under the lame ugly ass upholstery someone put over the original......o well.....

stsrprs.png

stbttm.png

im about to fix these door panels up:

drvrdr.png

pssngrdr.png

some box thingy that opens and closes down by the heater.....

htrthng.png

the tailgate and the hood ornament:

tlgate.png

hdornmnt.png

i love the hood propper upper, its so cute and car-like:

hoodprop.png

the engine, in 3 pics.....

engn2.png

engn1.png

engn3.png

thats what i have for now.....if u hav any requests for closer up ones, let me kno.....i totally love playing with my truk!

Guest roseyroseyrose

Niiiice.. Lol.. Dang.. so now i know what ur talking about when u said having the door panels like that and the seats.. well im sure you can fix it.. :)

i will definitely be able to fix the seat and the door panels and perhaps the dash......im gonna post pics of my progress on that datto thread place once i get going on it.....i hav the utmost confidence in my skills, and i hav a really clear and uberfantastic design in mind for those door panels, so im sure i can do it up rite.......wait and see!!!!!

haha, i knew someone would probably notice that......we cropped most of them out of the pic......yikes!

o well, theres a pic of me then, eh? a bit of me anyway......haha

Guest roseyroseyrose

It'll be interesting to see how you fix the door panels, as I need to do mine as well. The box thingy lets air in from the outside using the cowl.

im pretty sure how im gonna do the door panels.....they wont be normal at all......ill make a mock up with coloured paper and see how i like it, before i draft the final pattern and cut and sew the pieces from vinyl......

i hav to repair the broken bits that came off the driver side door panel, im glad i have both the pieces to work with, and then ill wet down the board where its curled and weight it and let it dry in the scorching sun til its all nice and flat.....

then find a super thin foam or maybe even super thin batting to go under the vinyl part......it should be fairly easy, really, but then i say that about a lot of things i make and sometimes they challenge me after all.....but i can see the end product and it looks great in my head, and thats a gud start!

ps...u know im thinking those panels are so fragile, maybe i should just recut them out of new board......im gonna hav to think about it.....

is the cowl the hump in the middle of the floor?

Guest roseyroseyrose

Did anyone else notice the hood ornament picture?

Or am I the only thinking about something other than trucks?

:lol:

notes noticed them first.....but what do u think of the other pics too? i wish i had a camera.....maybe i can borrow one and take some better oics......