just bought '71 PL521 and looking for parts source

Guest roseyroseyrose

Guest roseyroseyrose

ok, now i finally get the mater thing.....hes an actual guy.....whew......im way behind....and yet ive learned so much......this is fun......i have to work tomoro tho.....ill just keep chanting that to myself......its not easy to work at home, so many opportunites for distraction, lol

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wooo! i feel the same way.....a lucky girl with a 521.....i love the colour and the patina too, i hav no plans to paint it.....it just reminds me of the trucks on the beaches i grew up on......surfer truck.....beside, it matches my hair and my eyes......it suits me in everyway......thanks!

Oic with truck needed to prove it.. :) Lets see the cuties..

Guest roseyroseyrose

Oic with truck needed to prove it.. :) Lets see the cuties..

im thinking im not exactly what ud be expecting.....im rather like my truk! im a lot like my truk actually.....

rather imperfect and yet beachy, blonde, blue eyed, tooly-hopping thru life.....chronologically much older than i seem, to b sure......im not sure i want to spoil the mystery, haha......

perhaps ill make some pics that just sho parts of me at a time, lol......i like that idea.....maybe my toes on the tailgate or my hair hanging off it......ill have to get a fren to come help me perhaps......

im thinking im not exactly what ud be expecting.....im rather like my truk! im a lot like my truk actually.....

rather imperfect and yet beachy, blonde, blue eyed, tooly-hopping thru life.....chronologically much older than i seem, to b sure......im not sure i want to spoil the mystery, haha......

perhaps ill make some pics that just sho parts of me at a time, lol......i like that idea.....maybe my toes on the tailgate or my hair hanging off it......ill have to get a fren to come help me perhaps......

ROADTRiP! haha.. cool.. met another Ratsun chick here.. and when she asked my age and i said 23, she laughed.. at that point i was like i guess ur like late 30's - early 40's and i was correct.. Sold her my 510 dash but she was pretty cool person... Age dont matter...

Guest roseyroseyrose

ROADTRiP! haha.. cool.. met another Ratsun chick here.. and when she asked my age and i said 23, she laughed.. at that point i was like i guess ur like late 30's - early 40's and i was correct.. Sold her my 510 dash but she was pretty cool person... Age dont matter...

im totally aware that age doesnt matter.....im a poster child for that very statement......i cant get used to being over 17, really......i only realize it when i pass a mirror or some dude laughs when i say "fa sho" or " im on the downlow" or when i see the neighbors peeking at my door in shock because ive got skrillex blairing from my little house.......haha.......they'll get it someday, and maybe they'll laugh and remember me.....im setting a gud example.......

i dont expect ill get to meet anyone from here, not many down southwesterly......it seems like all u fun truk enthusiasts live up in the cool northwest, somewhere ive always wanted to see......maybe ill do a roadtrip in the spring.....i hav a dear friend in portland oregon who is dying to see me and put up with me for a week or two.....fucker knos how to party, too......

Guest roseyroseyrose

im totally aware that age doesnt matter.....im a poster child for that very statement......i cant get used to being over 17, really......i only realize it when i pass a mirror or some dude laughs when i say "fa sho" or " im on the downlow" or when i see the neighbors peeking at my door in shock because ive got skrillex blairing from my little house.......haha.......they'll get it someday, and maybe they'll laugh and remember me.....im setting a gud example.......

i dont expect ill get to meet anyone from here, not many down southwesterly......it seems like all u fun truk enthusiasts live up in the cool northwest, somewhere ive always wanted to see......maybe ill do a roadtrip in the spring.....i hav a dear friend in portland oregon who is dying to see me and put up with me for a week or two.....fucker knos how to party, too......

o, any of u all that end up in tucson, let me kno.....id love to meet other trukees and hang out.....im a bit of fun to hang out with, too.....haha

Guest roseyroseyrose

i dont has to do nuthin......haha......i like things this way.......do u really care? dont u like talking to me and admiring my truk anyway? im actually pretty proud of my age, but im enjoying not being totally fettered by it for a minute.....pls let me rejoice in my ambiguity.....heehee......roll around in it with me, for awhile yet......hahaha

they peek at me curiously for my dubstep, they laugh at me for using current colloquialisms......:rolleyes:

Guest roseyroseyrose

Welcome and 521's rule. I love that locking fuel door. How about a interior pic?

ty and i agree, im thoroughly in luv with my truck......i love the little door on the fuel door too, but wth am i gonna find that lock? lol

ill be posting some interior pics as i fix it up a bit......doing seat covers and gonna try to redo the door panels in white holographic vinyl......wish me luck!

Guest roseyroseyrose

Nah i don't care, just curious.

Bask in the glory of geezer-ness.

ollz jk

:P

o, dude....i do relish my age, fa sho.....even if i do keep it on the dl......at least 4 now......

hardy har har.......

Guest roseyroseyrose

Sweet truck. Id slap the stockies and hubcaps back on and drop it like its hot. Welcome.

thanks.....im tempted to, but i am enjoying the tall thing......i kno ill eventually put the stockies back on, but i gotta afford the new tires before i can, and right now, i cant.....but i hav great hope for the future......im certainly hanging on to them so i can sometime......i love ur truk too.....its so blu, much less ravaged than mine, altho i like the roughness of mine too......

thanks.....im tempted to, but i am enjoying the tall thing......i kno ill eventually put the stockies back on, but i gotta afford the new tires before i can, and right now, i cant.....but i hav great hope for the future......im certainly hanging on to them so i can sometime......i love ur truk too.....its so blu, much less ravaged than mine, altho i like the roughness of mine too......

word. Well when you do get some $ check out onlinetires.com. They're the cheapest i've found online. have them shipped to your house then take em to a tire shop to mount and balance em.

thanks, i like the blue but i could do without the blue stripe. i like the patina on yours. legit. :thumbup:

Guest roseyroseyrose

word. Well when you do get some $ check out onlinetires.com. They're the cheapest i've found online. have them shipped to your house then take em to a tire shop to mount and balance em.

thanks, i like the blue but i could do without the blue stripe. i like the patina on yours. legit. :thumbup:

thx for the tire tip.....the shipping cost isnt prohibitive?

i kinda like the stripe, but i did fall for my patina.....my truk was posted on cl without a pic, but when i saw the ad, my heart leapt, and i knew it was my truck even without seeing it.....i showed up to buy it and there was absolutely no doubt after that, we belonged together.....my truck even came with cute little racoon paw prints on it, and theyre still there......i should take pics of them tomoro, before they fade away.....i think i will and post them for their cuteness!

thx for the tire tip.....the shipping cost isnt prohibitive?

i kinda like the stripe, but i did fall for my patina.....my truk was posted on cl without a pic, but when i saw the ad, my heart leapt, and i knew it was my truck even without seeing it.....i showed up to buy it and there was absolutely no doubt after that, we belonged together.....my truck even came with cute little racoon paw prints on it, and theyre still there......i should take pics of them tomoro, before they fade away.....i think i will and post them for their cuteness!

nah. even with shipping its still cheaper than going to a tire shop. at least here in the bay area.

love that heart leap feeling. you should stencil those little paws on the truck somewhere.

Guest roseyroseyrose

nah. even with shipping its still cheaper than going to a tire shop. at least here in the bay area.

love that heart leap feeling. you should stencil those little paws on the truck somewhere.

ya, the bay area is expensive isnt it? one of my best friends just moved from there to slc.....personally, id hav stayed in sf and gotten an extra job to avoid slc, haha......i was actually thinking of coating the little paw prints with clear fingernail polish, several coats.....just to preserve them cuz theyre so cool......i wonder if that would work.....

ya, the bay area is expensive isnt it? one of my best friends just moved from there to slc.....personally, id hav stayed in sf and gotten an extra job to avoid slc, haha......i was actually thinking of coating the little paw prints with clear fingernail polish, several coats.....just to preserve them cuz theyre so cool......i wonder if that would work.....

yes it is. slc? coat 'em. it's worth a shot.

Guest roseyroseyrose

yes it is. slc? coat 'em. it's worth a shot.

salt lake city.....

i think i will try coating one of them and see how it looks, see if it holds up......im afraid i dont live in the part of tucson where i get racoons the size of medium dogs, altho i did see a coyote running around campus once.....poor thing, it looked so distraught and confused.......i could end up with kitty cat prints tho.....still, not as charming as racoon paws.....theyre so huge, its almost scary!