just bought '71 PL521 and looking for parts source

Guest roseyroseyrose

thats great, i should be able to learn to do this right and have fun at the same time.....

HINT:

When you click reply...type in the box under the quoted script.

You will see the end of replied post ending with "quote]"

That will make your posts clean, and you look like less of a Mater.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roseyroseyrose

HINT:

When you click reply...type in the box under the quoted script.

You will see the end of replied post ending with "quote]"

That will make your posts clean, and you look like less of a Mater.

u mean like this? now i want to kno what a mater is.....and how is that pronounced?i was just wondering how not to hav an extensively confusing conversation.....how coincidental.....

Another Tucson 521! And a fine bluish one too. Welcome.

I haven't found much in the way of 521 parts locally, though I keep calling the junkyards. I've had most luck here and on Ebay - we got Z's everywhere in AZ, but Datsun trucks seem to come from the Pacific Northwest.

I dig that little palm tree in your moving pic. I took my 521 to the dump! :cool: And got a flat! :( With my brand new tire and no jack. :mad: Cursed Los Reales!!!

Guest roseyroseyrose

Another Tucson 521! And a fine bluish one too. Welcome.

I haven't found much in the way of 521 parts locally, though I keep calling the junkyards. I've had most luck here and on Ebay - we got Z's everywhere in AZ, but Datsun trucks seem to come from the Pacific Northwest.

I dig that little palm tree in your moving pic. I took my 521 to the dump! :cool: And got a flat! :( With my brand new tire and no jack. :mad: Cursed Los Reales!!!

i found this guy with a steering wheel and steering column but he flipped out on me when i asked him about what he refered to as "knick-knack" parts and he hung up on me and wouldnt answer the phone to me when i tried to call back.....i thot i just dropped the call, but when i looked up his junkyard online, he had some bad reviews for hanging up on people......i guess i offended him by wanting the lock for the fuel door.....soup nazi? 521 nazi? i wish i hadnt asked for more, i really wanted that steering wheel! haha.....

ill keep trying, here and online.....

thats my friends madagascar and its beautiful isnt it? i kinda covet it too.......

my truck came with the original rims and hubcaps, but the man i bought it from put new bigger rims and tires on it (and a brand new spare underneath)

i kinda like how tall it makes me feel!

i may change that eventually......i dunno......

Guest roseyroseyrose

With regular visitations, you will son find out what a Mater means to Ratsun.

Report back when you find it.

;)

i think i just did find out right? by posting like a mater? lol.....im sure ill find other ways to be one, but at least ill learn......i likey learning :P

i think i just did find out right? by posting like a mater? lol.....im sure ill find other ways to be one, but at least ill learn......i likey learning :P

Ollz... Read Flats Sig.. Dont aspire to be like MAter... He is a Member here... its Ripetomatoes.. we call him MATER... Funny Character we like to pick on non stop.. Enjoy the lulz and WELCOME TO RATSUN... good to have a chick here with a nice lookin truck.. :)

Guest roseyroseyrose

Ollz... Read Flats Sig.. Dont aspire to be like MAter... He is a Member here... its Ripetomatoes.. we call him MATER... Funny Character we like to pick on non stop.. Enjoy the lulz and WELCOME TO RATSUN... good to have a chick here with a nice lookin truck.. :)

thanks for the welcome! it is a hawt truck isnt it? sometimes gud things do happen on cl, haha......i got lucky....now if i can just find a fuel door lock, im getting siphoned on a regular basis :angry: i think ill buy a locking gas cap and stash the original cap until i can find the lock i seek.......

Guest roseyroseyrose

What about distant future? lol , that was sort of immediate

i plan to keep it and drive it a lot, for a long long time :D this isnt my first datsun.....i had a 72 datsun pu and i sold it and i regretted it.....this one im keeping!

• Like 6

What are you doing NOTES?

Everyones always trying to ruin a good time.

Way to hand the answers over.

;)

twofinger_salute.gif you guys only pick on me cause you know you love me!!! ollz

Guest roseyroseyrose

woo! a girl with a 521! nice! i like that color too! welcome

wooo! i feel the same way.....a lucky girl with a 521.....i love the colour and the patina too, i hav no plans to paint it.....it just reminds me of the trucks on the beaches i grew up on......surfer truck.....beside, it matches my hair and my eyes......it suits me in everyway......thanks!