resto-mod 521 buildup (goin tube frame now)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why did you make it so the bed sides could pivot?

see below

Yes...explain this!

Radio

also, see below

its a transformer guys.....

pretty much

because he could. :P

But my guess is to facilitate easier access to spare tire mount and fuel tank

Getting there...

Going to be building a flatbed for it and just wanted to be able to hang the stock sides on the truck, but still have the accessibility of a flatbed.

I move a lot of stuff and being able to have access to a flatbed is huge.

Also going to have a cherry picker located somewhere on the flatbed...

• 1 month later...

wayno that guys got a gm 72 long bed on bags too doesnt he, i think the motor is sticking through the hood..... and some truck, 521,he was building for his daughter...I believe he was into aquariums too ... but cant remeber he got all butt hurt when i said super dookies are the escalades for red necks...I like lifted trucks but thats too much...I originlly ran into him on mautofied wanting to trade for my bagged crew cab dually...not sure if its the guy but the house and truck seem to remind me of this..... and road legal yes .....but target for hassling by staters.... hell yes...

.master o like the truck and the diesel combo... u and cyrus got me really rethinking a bagged 521 ....i do know where a parts 521 could be had for cheap....hmmmm shit i gotta sell something else if i do that..( really like the idea of a 4x4 521 on a tdi vw motor...in my mind i think mini cummins...

wayno that guys got a gm 72 long bed on bags too doesnt he, i think the motor is sticking through the hood..... and some truck, 521,he was building for his daughter...I believe he was into aquariums too ... but cant remeber he got all butt hurt when i said super dookies are the escalades for red necks...I like lifted trucks but thats too much...I originlly ran into him on mautofied wanting to trade for my bagged crew cab dually...not sure if its the guy but the house and truck seem to remind me of this..... and road legal yes .....but target for hassling by staters.... hell yes...

.master o like the truck and the diesel combo... u and cyrus got me really rethinking a bagged 521 ....i do know where a parts 521 could be had for cheap....hmmmm shit i gotta sell something else if i do that..( really like the idea of a 4x4 521 on a tdi vw motor...in my mind i think mini cummins...

Yea, that would likely be him, yes he does/did have a bagged chevy truck, and it is/was a 520 convertible truck for the daughter.

• 3 weeks later...

So an update finally....

painted the engine bay and misc front end metal

20120407_140605.jpg

scuffed and painted the wheelwells

20120407_095914.jpg

20120407_163937.jpg

20120407_163920.jpg

Worked 95% of the fender bender damage out of the LF fender. Just needs a skim coat of some polyester finishing putty.

20120407_152439.jpg

one of the next projects:

20120407_142536.jpg

And just some general shots of the truck... have plenty of minor bodywork spots to touch up...

20120407_140729.jpg

20120407_140714.jpg

Getting some wheels and 33's for it tomorrow night.