Hating my dad right now

Maybe Dad won't give it to you cuz he doesn't want 3 non-running cars in his driveway?

Maybe Dad won't give it to you cuz he paid for it with his money?

Maybe Dad won't give it to you cuz he has no reason to give you a car?

Maybe Dad won't give it to you cuz he thinks you're a moron for not posting pics?

Maybe Dad won't give it to you cuz he wants to DRIVE a Datsun?

+ x's infinity

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What DTP said.. very very true.. Id be stoked if my dad like the cars i like.. soo bad ass,, instead he calls all my cars Stupid lowered money pits.. May be true but i love em..

This response is in regard to the father/son relationship~ and will reference only slightly the auto side of this debate. To expound on the above quote, and many others before it: why do you hold your DAD in such contempt? Sounds like he's supported you in your labors of love~ and you're repaying the debt by whining like a spoiled brat. Forgive me if my words sound harsh~ as typed (rather than spoken) words (mine, yours, and all the other responses) definitely lose something in the typed translation.

I never had a quality relationship with my father (he quit being a dad about... oh wait~ he never was). I vowed to not treat my kids that way; loving, pampering, and spoiling them (my mistake) in ways I never received. My payback carried an outcome I'd not counted upon; that of my offspring being like their grandfather~ wishing to take without giving.

I tell you this not to invoke pity, but to emphasize my point~ that there are three sides to every story; yours (metaphorically), mine, and the TRUTH. How much thought have you put into considering what DAD's feelings, goals, and objectives are? You have the opportunity of common ground in your relationship with your DAD~ a rare circumstance indeed! How you choose to use it can spell success or disaster in your relationship with him for the rest of his life~ and YOURS.

So what's more important; another car/project, or the opportunity to build a lasting relationship with your father that will add quality, love, and peace of mind to the rest of your/his years...?

Choose wisely, grasshopper.....

Peace~

Scott

• Like 6

This response is in regard to the father/son relationship~ and will reference only slightly the auto side of this debate. To expound on the above quote, and many others before it: why do you hold your DAD in such contempt? Sounds like he's supported you in your labors of love~ and you're repaying the debt by whining like a spoiled brat. Forgive me if my words sound harsh~ as typed (rather than spoken) words (mine, yours, and all the other responses) definitely lose something in the typed translation.

I never had a quality relationship with my father (he quit being a dad about... oh wait~ he never was). I vowed to not treat my kids that way; loving, pampering, and spoiling them (my mistake) in ways I never received. My payback carried an outcome I'd not counted upon; that of my offspring being like their grandfather~ wishing to take without giving.

I tell you this not to invoke pity, but to emphasize my point~ that there are three sides to every story; yours (metaphorically), mine, and the TRUTH. How much thought have you put into considering what DAD's feelings, goals, and objectives are? You have the opportunity of common ground in your relationship with your DAD~ a rare circumstance indeed! How you choose to use it can spell success or disaster in your relationship with him for the rest of his life~ and YOURS.

So what's more important; another car/project, or the opportunity to build a lasting relationship with your father that will add quality, love, and peace of mind to the rest of your/his years...?

Choose wisely, grasshopper.....

Peace~

Scott

:cool: WORD..

Dad supports me in other stuff such as my job and school but he never liked my car style.. havent lived with him in like 6 years and we are still cool.. but yeah.. make this a chance to get a father son time and have fun with ur datsun!

• Like 1

:cool: WORD..

Dad supports me in other stuff such as my job and school but he never liked my car style.. havent lived with him in like 6 years and we are still cool.. but yeah.. make this a chance to get a father son time and have fun with ur datsun!

That's great! Show respect for his style (car or otherwise), and the favor will be returned~ in any subject matter....

My dad got me into Datsuns. We still work on mine together. He gave me his hardbody to cannibalize for my KA swap. My dad is my best friend. I want to build him a Datsun. Celebrate your Dad!

Amen bro!!

My dad bought my first Dat in '94. '78 longbed 5 spd.

Consider yourself lucky, Dad won't be around forever. Trust me I kow this first hand

Dude, if you have two project cars, that's one too many. Sell the Supra, drive the D21, get your 510 running and go drive with your dad. :cool:

I've never been big on planning for the future. Never look more than a few weeks ahead. But sitting all winter was my 710 goon out in the driveway in the rain and snow and me inside just dreaming. I envisioned what I wanted done to it, thought about every bolt to undo and part to clean or modify, how it was going to look when done. I called it visualizing. Plan out what you want, go over it in your spare time and just before falling asleep. Live and breath what you want and research it. Know everything you can about what you want. When the time comes to begin move only in the direction that gets you closer to done. Do it right the first time.

Stop visualizing your father's car!!! Or sell yours to someone who can finish it and buy one aklready done.

Consider yourself lucky, Dad won't be around forever. Trust me I kow this first hand

Word!

You have a chance to work with him when not working on yours. One day there will only be you working on your car. Better to have some memories about dad.

• Like 1

My dad split when i was 4. Now i have a 4 year old and the line of fucking up your family ends with me. I take mine anywhere there's a carshow. Sometimes he whines but he'll remember shit like this. Me & my dad have reconnected but it ain't the same. Be glad you have what you have. Fix yours & be glad for your father.

Btw + 1 for you Scott & Wildman

• Like 4

Convince your sister to fix up the P5, they can be done up really nice. Miss my proteges.

I hate those cars, my mom has one shes had it since new and has nothing but problems with it. I love how they look when done up, but the motor is shit, and shes done nothing but baby it, and take care of it. And corksport A mazda performance shop here has told her the same thing, their fun to own for a lil while, but dont have a long life expectancy.

My dad split when i was 4. Now i have a 4 year old and the line of fucking up your family ends with me. I take mine anywhere there's a carshow. Sometimes he whines but he'll remember shit like this. Me & my dad have reconnected but it ain't the same. Be glad you have what you have. Fix yours & be glad for your father.

Very good on you man. I had a messed up childhood, parents never seem to realize it but it wasnt stable for me,divorce, lived with grandparents, mom was never there freaking psyco when i was younger, me and my dad have never really gotten along, unless its really on cars but other things we dont see eye to eye, and argue alot, but he was always there for me, even if i probally annoyed the shit out of him. But since my son was born me and my dad havent had any fights or issues. And ive promised myself that i would give my son a better and more stable childhood than i had growing up with both parents, me and my wife are connected like nothing else and trust me when i say this, will never split 3 years of being together and we still act like what we did when we first started dating. And my boy is only 13 months old, almost 14 months and he already LOVES cars. He has a lil hotwheel 510 he loves playing with. I remember building cars with my dad as a kid, and i want to do the same thing with my son. Thats why im waiting to build my 510 untill hes a bit older, because someday my 510 will be his, and i want us to build it together. Me and my dad did alot on his red 510 together, and it was owned by my mom, and then him, and someday saddly it will be mine :( hopefully not for a long LONG time, even though we dont always get along i love my old man and cant imagine him not being around, even my psyco mom (yep still a psyco at times). Its funny how happy my son gets when he sees his grandpa to, at the car club meeting he did not want to leave grandpa alone, i love my lil boy so much :). So heres a big thumbs up to all the good fathers out there, because there are alot of bad ones.

• Like 1

Very good on you man. I had a messed up childhood, parents never seem to realize it but it wasnt stable for me,divorce, lived with grandparents, mom was never there freaking psyco when i was younger, me and my dad have never really gotten along, unless its really on cars but other things we dont see eye to eye, and argue alot, but he was always there for me, even if i probally annoyed the shit out of him. But since my son was born me and my dad havent had any fights or issues. And ive promised myself that i would give my son a better and more stable childhood than i had growing up with both parents, me and my wife are connected like nothing else and trust me when i say this, will never split 3 years of being together and we still act like what we did when we first started dating. And my boy is only 13 months old, almost 14 months and he already LOVES cars. He has a lil hotwheel 510 he loves playing with. I remember building cars with my dad as a kid, and i want to do the same thing with my son. Thats why im waiting to build my 510 untill hes a bit older, because someday my 510 will be his, and i want us to build it together. Me and my dad did alot on his red 510 together, and it was owned by my mom, and then him, and someday saddly it will be mine :( hopefully not for a long LONG time, even though we dont always get along i love my old man and cant imagine him not being around, even my psyco mom (yep still a psyco at times). Its funny how happy my son gets when he sees his grandpa to, at the car club meeting he did not want to leave grandpa alone, i love my lil boy so much :). So heres a big thumbs up to all the good fathers out there, because there are alot of bad ones.

Thats great man. I had a stepdad growing up who taught me a good bit about cars in general. Hes a dipshit though, hittin women ain't cool so we got out of that situation. I love my dad too, we just don't know each other very well. Mom died in 08 so i gotta patch what i can. I've got great in-laws though My boy & wife are my life so i know exactly where you're coming from. Just wait till the day you come home & he wants to race you on mario kart all night.

Hell yeah thumbs up to all the good dads out there. Be a dad & not just someone who gets the bills paid. You may have your hands full sometimes but i say it's better than having them empty.

Btw: now all you crazies know a little something about me, sorry it's in this thread

• Like 1