First Time poster

So this is where you all ran off too. I was wondering where everybody went.(nwde) I guess that what happens when one is away.lol Actually like this forum better than the old, more catagories and activity. I'm glad I found you all. I'm Starting to put my engine back together (mostly done) and will have question. I'll post them in the correct areas. I'll just post one picture at this time.

Larry

20080311_225630_Picture-218.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RB Shaggs- I grew up in Port Angeles until two years after graduation. Moved away in 1992.

Engine specs:

L20b bored with +1 L18 pistons, balanced and polish crank, running W53 closed chamber head that was port match to the Intake manifold. Runninng a Schnieder Camshaft with springs and retainers. Using the L16 exhaust header. I'm going to run the dual 38 mm SU's (unless I should use something different,comments) I'm going to run the stock ignition and plan on going with 1 7/8 " exhaust. Is there any advantage on a short exhaust run compared to a longer one? Thats all I can think of off hand.

Larry

RB Shaggs- I grew up in Port Angeles until two years after graduation. Moved away in 1992.

Engine specs:

L20b bored with +1 L18 pistons, balanced and polish crank, running W53 closed chamber head that was port match to the Intake manifold. Runninng a Schnieder Camshaft with springs and retainers. Using the L16 exhaust header. I'm going to run the dual 38 mm SU's (unless I should use something different,comments) I'm going to run the stock ignition and plan on going with 1 7/8 " exhaust. Is there any advantage on a short exhaust run compared to a longer one? Thats all I can think of off hand.

Larry

hmm in theory a shorter exhaust system gets the gasses out sooner i personaly would runn a 2"-2 1/2' system it will breath alot better

as all have said.....Welcome!

As for your motor. I would personally run 2" all the way back. 2.5" just doesnt seem to have the bottom end like 2" does. I know this cause I have had both on the same motor and like the 2" for the bottom end. Also I would use the SU's. They are a better carb then most will tell you. The poeple that like them have them tuned right and those who dont hate them and are all about webbers, mikunis etc. Take it to someone who can tune it right and you will be very happy. I have roadster SU's on my Z22 motor and they run great. Try and find the matchbox ignition for it and I would recomend to free up even more power use a electric fuel pump. All the rest sounds great. Good Job!

Thanks for the welcomes and comments. 2" it is then, on the exhaust. As for now, I'm having withdrawls not having been able to drive it for a few years. So right now I just want it to get it running. I'll upgrade the electronics and such as time goes by. I just want to DRIVE IT.:D

Larry