So, what did you get done on your Datto today?

I would like to start a thread here for people to post their progress as I think it will help motivate those of us who are a bit slow on getting projects completed, or even started!

Show us what you did!

For me:

I took the shift handle off the tranny to figure out why it was so sloppy, I found a missing bushing that is supposed to fit inside the cross bolt bore on the handle to take up the slack. Now I need to find a bushing that will fit!

~RDE~

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that almost every thread that is car specific has a thread on progress reports.

Not really.

Theres the 510 report thread, but not one for general datto's.

I greased my windows up today. no longer squeaky when I roll em down.

I was thinking just a one stop shop for progress updates so people don't have to go to vehicle specific pages to see them, makes it less time consuming for me anyways, and I already have motivational issues.

As for progress, I used a piece of hard round plastic cut in half to act as a shim in the shifter, and it works great, no more sloppy shifter!

• 2 weeks later...

Rounded up parts. Pressedin spring eye bushings and bought some shocks. I am in pretty descent with the local parts store so I cross ref all the parts I can to get the best price. Takes time but a few pennies here and there and I can buy a cool gadget later.

• 4 weeks later...

HaHa... Fapping. I struck a deal for SU carbs and mani for my 620, and am sitting biting my nails till 2mrw when I can send the paypal, does that count? Also, brought home my welder and helmet, and a paint gun. Got pretty much all the gear to start my body/paint work as soon as I pull motor.

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about painting the 210 camoflauge... black, brown white green etc...

My dime came with a cammo paintjob. Pretty well done for rattlecan. Even ghosted in BRE stripes. But I am more of a original patina guy, so I am scrubbing it off to get back down to the Mojo.

My link

I pulled every part offa the cab of the 75. Pulled off the bed, now its a storage box for my larger Datsun parts. Pulled off the exhaust. Rolled the truck around the yard a bit. About pulled the diff, then the rain made me wuss out. Played w/ the air shocks on the '78, and inspected the frame and disk brakes in preparation to swap over to the '72. Fired up the '73 and did some inspecting for possible sale to other Ratsun dude. Came home and toyed w/ my '72, inside the garage :) Wrote a shopping list of parts to get her back on the road. Installed the new-to-me Pioneer deck, then got hungry...

Replaced clutch master cylinder yesterday.. what a pain in the ass! That bottom nut is really hard to get at without some wobbly wizardry...

Had my lovely pump the pedal to bleed it, and it certainly got blood going for me!

Wayno, that grill is intense... All I did today was put the clips on the face of the heater box so the stoopit thing quits comin apart, and put on the little knobs for the heater controls. Oh, and bought a flawless NOS front bumper :D

The grill makes the truck look mad, but wouldn't you be upset, looking like that. Was the bumper you bought that 520 one from the guy with the blue NL320?

It's the 620 bumper that was on CL. I was leery at first, thought maybe an aftermarket. I guess his Dad worked for Datsun, and stockpiled a bunch of parts. He had just opened the package today. The guy said has a whole bunch more stuff, but hasn't looked to see what. And he wants to sell me the built L20 out of his goon. He's doin a KA swap. Asked him how much, He says "Dunno, I don't think they're worth very much..." :D He has a nice '72 620 rolling chassis w/ clean title he wanted to sell me too. Made my day, this thing still has little marks from the bubble wrap.

Yesterday, I gutted the interior. Threw away the nasty carpet, threw away the crappy rusty nasty rear seat, and am now blissful of having non-fogged up Windows.

After a call to pumpkin210 while he was likely eating dinner, I got my defroster vents working again, and now have a plan on modifying the air box so that i can eliminate the controls.

Thanks pumpkin!

Still lots more work to do. Check my build thread for pictures!

I fired up my 710 goon Monday, warmed it up and drove down to the corner and back. It's off the road for the winter. I miss her.

Yup...mine is getting parked today also.... :(... :D

Have my winter 720 freshly slathered.. :D ..hubs, ready to be locked...bring it on.

Winter that is....poop.