Datsun's with body mods, Pic's thread

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a Z my dad owned around 1997 that was built by a guy in Texas. The project started around 1984 (see the 300zx influence?) and took 2 years. He made the fiberglass molds for all the body panels and did alot of structural bracing. The cowl induction hood and brake ducts are functional. It also had a fully integrated cage. It was show/track car for several years. He built a very similar one with burgundy paint and wide Truspokes.

350zxfront.jpg

350zxrear.jpg

Don't forget the inside latches and "Jake hooks" on my brother's Backwoods 521. He also filled the marker lights.

OregonCanby2009097.jpg

This is a Z my dad owned around 1997 that was built by a guy in Texas. The project started around 1984 (see the 300zx influence?) and took 2 years. He made the fiberglass molds for all the body panels and did alot of structural bracing. The cowl induction hood and brake ducts are functional. It also had a fully integrated cage. It was show/track car for several years. He built a very similar one with burgundy paint and wide Truspokes.

350zxfront.jpg

350zxrear.jpg

Wasnt that the first sbc z?

Wasnt that the first sbc z?

No. Scarab was doing it since the early 70s. They probably weren't even the first. It was a pretty stout car though. Builder claimed 400hp. I don't know.

350zxengine.jpg

I had been thinking about a very similar green for my 521KC Dually. Now it will definitely be green.

It's a factory Datsun color. Avocado Poly Green is the name I think.

nissan_240sx_610_01.jpg

I just threw up a little in my mouth.... I can see the Z front on the 240sx, very similar lines, it was beautiful. But those lines just don't match.