610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix
My buddy had his mother-in-laws Oldsmobile painted at Maaco...It actually turned out really nice. Probably has to do with who's working at which one.

I would say you are definitely correct. The problem is, only the close friends to the owner of said franchise, or the close friends to the person painting at that location knows whom the painter is, qualifications wise.

Going to a Maaco shop blindfolded is like playing russian roulet. You can get an excellent job for a few bucks, or you can buy a hell of a nighmare for nothing:(

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

I would say you are definitely correct. The problem is, only the close friends to the owner of said franchise, or the close friends to the person painting at that location knows whom the painter is, qualifications wise.

Going to a Maaco shop blindfolded is like playing russian roulet. You can get an excellent job for a few bucks, or you can buy a hell of a nighmare for nothing:(

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Agreed

You thinkin of buying those off of the 810 wagon dude?

yesbut i think his will be gone by the time i have money for them so im also looking at another set in the same style

$100+ shipping or there is a more local set as well

Birthday money already spent... ON RIMS! (thanks nbesheer!!)

If he doesn't get the sale, let me know and I can grab them and hold on to them until I head up there next.

Macco SUCKS! i had my girl's 71 corona paited there they dident even primer the car! i painted the trim around the winshield when i took the masking tape off the new paint came off stuck to the tape no primer! i did the prep work and it still sucked she paid $800 and they said that it was their deluxe or some shit. i think you should do it your self.

hmmm after hearing all this it makes me wonder i think i might invest in a gun i know that kreagan sells single stage paint and guns i might just do it myself fuck it :fu:

I have done my last 3 paint jobs myself with much success. I recommend a gun and a compressor. Take your time and get the good paint and mix it right. :D

well did a little project in the garage i took the dash pannels off and removed the rust off the drivers side one and primed and painted it

here it is before

0302091446.jpg

here it is after

0302091547.jpg

i also scrubbed the ashtray clean then it started poaring again

I have done my last 3 paint jobs myself with much success. I recommend a gun and a compressor. Take your time and get the good paint and mix it right. :D

i have a compresser(well my dad does) im gonna get a gun and the ready mixed acrilic stuff from duplicolor