610 street demon resurection

bonvo

my father gave me a cool idea insted of just painting the tail light area black what about using the carbon fiber look alike tape i have on the dash? what do you guys think i think it would be trick but possebly a little to ricer give me your opinions guys

Paint lasts longer; Applique sticker, not so much...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i know but the sticker is easily reversable if i deside i dont like it

Point noted, but you want a change, right? The paint allows for you to sand the metal, protect with primer, and remove anything that would cause rust under where the sticker would go anyway.

Point noted, but you want a change, right? The paint allows for you to sand the metal, protect with primer, and remove anything that would cause rust under where the sticker would go anyway.

another good point hmm now im at a toss up

Guest jaimesix

Hi Bonvo.

Not around the computer as much as I did before.....December is a crazy time.

Your car would look cool and sport with black color at its back panel. In my particular view, I would do it if the license plate is removed from the panel , and with the tail lamp frames painted black too. That would accentuate a stealth look.

I would paint as opposed to stick in stuff, because the stickers invite moisture retention and rust formation. Your car will need a paint job later on, so it will not be as if you were messing up with an already painted car.

I am keeping an eye on 610 bumpers, so if I see any, I will let you know. Perhaps Datsunfreak can tell us how he managed to make his Datsun 510 bumper brackets for his 610. Datsun 510 bumpers are easier to come around to.

In an older car I had, it was a Mazda 808, I painted all the entire rear area satin black, from the edge of the trunk lid to the bottom of the rear valance. It looked cool. That look looks cool with everything black, no chromes, no license plate frames,nothing but black.

Race cars used to do that to prevent undesired reflection on the rear of the car that would end up bothering the driver behind .

BTW, your avatar looks like you went GQ, Xmas was good as it seems.:)

Jaime.___________________________________________________

Hi Bonvo.

Not around the computer as much as I did before.....December is a crazy time.

Your car would look cool and sport with black color at its back panel. In my particular view, I would do it if the license plate is removed from the panel , and with the tail lamp frames painted black too. That would accentuate a stealth look.

I would paint as opposed to stick in stuff, because the stickers invite moisture retention and rust formation. Your car will need a paint job later on, so it will not be as if you were messing up with an already painted car.

I am keeping an eye on 610 bumpers, so if I see any, I will let you know. Perhaps Datsunfreak can tell us how he managed to make his Datsun 510 bumper brackets for his 610. Datsun 510 bumpers are easier to come around to.

In an older car I had, it was a Mazda 808, I painted all the entire rear area satin black, from the edge of the trunk lid to the bottom of the rear valance. It looked cool. That look looks cool with everything black, no chromes, no license plate frames,nothing but black.

Race cars used to do that to prevent undesired reflection on the rear of the car that would end up bothering the driver behind .

BTW, your avatar looks like you went GQ, Xmas was good as it seems.:)

Jaime.___________________________________________________

im thinking im deffinatly gonna paint it i like the way it looks and i know it wouldnt hurt to clean it up and fresh paint

i actually have a line on some bumpers from a fellow ratsuner i just have to find a way to get them to me (there down in your area)

gq? im feeling dumb now what do you mean bro? and xmas went good i got some stuff for my car and some other good stuff

Guest jaimesix
im thinking im deffinatly gonna paint it i like the way it looks and i know it wouldnt hurt to clean it up and fresh paint

i actually have a line on some bumpers from a fellow ratsuner i just have to find a way to get them to me (there down in your area)

gq? im feeling dumb now what do you mean bro? and xmas went good i got some stuff for my car and some other good stuff

Good to know you have some bumper material figured out.

Let me know if you want me to hold your bumper parts for you. If the parts are in this area, I can pick them up and keep them for you until something is figured out.

In the car Domain pages there is a red 610 with all the rear section painted black, looks cool. Have you seen it??

Jaime.__________________________________________________

Good to know you have some bumper material figured out.

Let me know if you want me to hold your bumper parts for you. If the parts are in this area, I can pick them up and keep them for you until something is figured out.

In the car Domain pages there is a red 610 with all the rear section painted black, looks cool. Have you seen it??

Jaime.__________________________________________________

i think i got a safe place worked out i just need to get the from here to here worked out im thinking im going to have to yank my passenger seat and meet someone half way and swap them

Guest jaimesix
i think i got a safe place worked out i just need to get the from here to here worked out im thinking im going to have to yank my passenger seat and meet someone half way and swap them

No need to yank your passenger seat off. All you need is a couple bed sheets or old coverts to wrap the bumpers in to protect the interior of your car. The bumpers easily fit from the passenger feet area , between the seats , with the passenger recliner seat laid horizontal.

That is very cool.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Bonvo, I got yer back. I will need to coordinate with sliding creep to get the bumpers and hold on to them. I will be up sometime in the spring to pick up the motor for the wife's project truck, and will be 30 minutes away from your location. A nice ratsun reunion and part(s) drop off - my kind of fun.

Bonvo, I got yer back. I will need to coordinate with sliding creep to get the bumpers and hold on to them. I will be up sometime in the spring to pick up the motor for the wife's project truck, and will be 30 minutes away from your location. A nice ratsun reunion and part(s) drop off - my kind of fun.

im excited bro we should make a day of it hang out shoot the shit maybe go shoot some pool or throw some darts idk just an idea if your gonna come all the way up here lets have some while your hear you know?

im excited bro we should make a day of it hang out shoot the shit maybe go shoot some pool or throw some darts idk just an idea if your gonna come all the way up here lets have some while your hear you know?

Good idea. Too bad the sedan won't be ready for a trip like this.

Or maybe it could be...?

But then again, I need a large truck for the motor, the *real* reason I'm driving up there.

Good idea. Too bad the sedan won't be ready for a trip like this.

Or maybe it could be...?

But then again, I need a large truck for the motor, the *real* reason I'm driving up there.

well if you were maid of money i would say have the wife drive a truck to load the motor in and you drive the sedan but thats alot of gas

im excited man its gonna be fun

Guest jaimesix

I might be available for that reunion. I have a girlfriend that just moved up to San Francisco and I have to go visit her..... I am sure it will be more than once:sneaky:

About shooting pool....I am the world champion....at least southern cal pool champion......I would not want to embarrass anyone...;)

Jaime.________________________________________________________

I might be available for that reunion. I have a girlfriend that just moved up to San Francisco and I have to go visit her..... I am sure it will be more than once:sneaky:

About shooting pool....I am the world champion....at least southern cal pool champion......I would not want to embarrass anyone...;)

Jaime.________________________________________________________

sweet that would be cool but im not sure if we would be out of the way or on the way i would need a map to tell

progress: a few days ago a buddy of mine rented a oxy acedaline torch to do some body work well i used it to bend my shifter so i could use my console again and today i went to the yard and snaged a leather shifter boot out of a .........honda......... i know i know its a honda part but its just the shifter boot and the radiator is vw anyway :P here is a pic with this shifter boot my 5 speed install is finally complete

console.jpg

Nice clean install! Looks great! :thumbup: I like Hondas.:blink:

why thank you man ive always been taught do it right or dont do it at all and i like a select few hondas i just dont like ricer hondas :P

Guest jaimesix
progress: a few days ago a buddy of mine rented a oxy acedaline torch to do some body work well i used it to bend my shifter so i could use my console again and today i went to the yard and snaged a leather shifter boot out of a .........honda......... i know i know its a honda part but its just the shifter boot and the radiator is vw anyway :P here is a pic with this shifter boot my 5 speed install is finally complete

console.jpg

That looks great Bonvo. Good move.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Did it go in pretty easy..I'm looking to lose my cheesy plasti-rubber shifter.

yeah actually i was surprized i thought it might be to small in one direction so i took the wire out of it and super glued it to the console it was actually a little big it worked out perfect i see no reason why it wouldnt work the same on a zx honda interior parts in the junk yards are a dime a dozen just pull it out of the console