610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to revisit this pic so far into the thread but i've got a 620 pickup and it has an L20B and the waterpump has the fan clutch made on to the shaft and i want to put an electric fan on it.i've got a 280z waterpump and it looks just like yours,and i was wondering if you had to use a spacer to get the pulleys to line up?DSC03985.jpg[/img]

You'll need spacers. A solid round billet with bolt holes would be best and washers on the front or it will flex and crack the pulley. Alternatively, get any Z NAPS engine pump and just cut the clutch part off. The pulley is welded onto the shaft and the clutch part does nothing to hold it on. This is what I did and the pulley is a perfect line up.

L series with smaller cavity and impellers:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Lenginewaterpump.jpg[/img]"]Lenginewaterpump.jpg

Z20/22/24 pump with deeper cavity and larger impellers. The 280z/zx pump is probably the same as this but the pulley does not line up:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/motorLwaterpump.jpg[/img]"]motorLwaterpump.jpg

Here's mine cut off. The shiny thing in front of the pulley is the clutch fan bearing. I left it on. A few seconds with an angle grinder to remove it.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/720stuffZ24swap004Large.jpg[/img]"]720stuffZ24swap004Large.jpg

i hate to revisit this pic so far into the thread but i've got a 620 pickup and it has an L20B and the waterpump has the fan clutch made on to the shaft and i want to put an electric fan on it.i've got a 280z waterpump and it looks just like yours,and i was wondering if you had to use a spacer to get the pulleys to line up?DSC03985.jpg[/img]

another thing to take note of is the clearence in that pic that si a vw rabbit radiator which is thinner then a stock unit and a thin honda ac condencer fan and its close the only choice i see for you in terms of fan (been under a 620) is a slim line set up as a pusher

lol sweet thanks for the link ill have to snag thouse ill just pull the top half out and let the bottom rest on the ball joint

much better...I likeee. But the question is, do you like it?

i like im considering doing it this weekend actually

Here is what you need:

http://www.freewebs.com/lightandsound/movie-gone-in-60-seconds_1.jpg

(Credit to original poster)

I think this would look badass!

spoiler? rally stripes what aspect bro lol

i like im considering doing it this weekend actually

spoiler? rally stripes what aspect bro lol

Blackout taillight area!

And, while you mentioned it, yes, the spoiler, too!

licence plate for one..I'm assuming of course. I have seen a s130 with the tailpanel blacked out...looked good.

oh yeah stupid government requirements take a look at the 610s unite thread to see what i got screwed out of if they hadent enacted the 5mph bumper law

my father gave me a cool idea insted of just painting the tail light area black what about using the carbon fiber look alike tape i have on the dash? what do you guys think i think it would be trick but possebly a little to ricer give me your opinions guys