610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so pleased to see that you got the car to your house. Now the fun begins. I wish I had more time; it could be a race to see who's 610 gets done faster. :D

I want pics of this documentation you speak of...!

ill take pics of the documentation tomorrow and happy 610th post bro it wont be much of a race considering the fact mine will be rattle canned to start :mellow:

Crap! I didn't even notice the post count! Mine was rattle canned, couldn't take it. You my friend need some side marker lights - esp. drivers side front. I may have a reflector. Stay tuned, as you will likely benefit from some extra parts...

Guest jaimesix

Congratulations Bonvo.

That sure is good news, what a way to enjoy a weekend.

My suggestion, before any transfer of parts, deal with that surface rust and any rust. Do it right, well done rust work erradicates it, but a fast slap will only come to haunt you and will eat at your car like a caterpillar on a sick redwood tree .

Looks great!!! Since the original BonvoDemon will be alive as parts of it will enhance this 73 Datsun, this thread is the perfect one to show the restoration.

Cool>>>> Very cool!!!

Jaime.____________________________________________________

alright here are the pics of the car on the trailer when we picked it up

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04173.jpg

DSC04174.jpg

DSC04175.jpg

as requested here is a pic of the window sticker

DSC04176.jpg

here are the pics from today i pressure washed the engine compartment last night and found that there were a few spots that needed touching up so i got some more bed liner and took care of thouse spots then cleaned up some sheet metal (before i get shot i put the 74 parts on because thats all i have till i can fix the 73 stuff) bolted its all together in the front its comming together

DSC04178.jpg

DSC04179.jpg

i picked the maroon for now just so it wont rust basicly aside from the hood from the windsheld forward its ready for paint

i started sanding the trunk lid as well the stuff is all surface it comes right off

i think this is the original milage :eek:

DSC04180.jpg

like that huh lynch? i had that made at the local graphics place they made 2 i have the other on the airfilter im gonna have more made for this one i can have them make one for you while there at it if you like

thanks phleb i like these tails to zerow gave me a cool idea to do with them but im not gonna say it cause it was his idea :thumbup:

HAHAHA...no way. Ill tell the guys up front they cant make em for you till you drive that beast down there to get em :P

lmao thats funny hyphy you should stop by sometime and see the new shell this thing is unblevably straight

sure how much??

i know they have a minimum charge of 15 i think you can get 3 or 4 for that much

Good score you got there on the new body, shouldn't take to long to come together at all.

But I vote you buy a cheap spray gun and paint it white or a similiar colour to the old car.

Gl with it :)

the idea is to clean it up do all the prep work now throw some rattlecan on it till the insurance comes threw then take it to macco if i do the prep it will turn out good :D

this is one of the reasons i wanted to get an other 610

partsstash.jpg

i have just a few parts for it :D i have 2 74 left fenders one damaged and one clean but off shelly another damaged but very repairable 74 right fender a valance a almost perfect cowl and the tweeked cowl from shelly stock 5mph front bumper torn up grill the chrome trims along the bottoms of the doors and inside the house i have a brand new right out of the box 74 grill the one on shelly is still usable and the 73 grill that came with the car basicly i have to many 610 parts not to own a 610 :D

I may just have to swing by tomorrow or something.....You should check out my thread in the trucks section...

cool sounds good i checked out your thread dude so glad you got that car a whole car for the price of a motor