610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix
more progress today the floors are 80% complete its looking good im glad its working the way i want it to my dad and i are looking at swapping the motor and trans in this weekend

Cool. Keep camera on hand, those moments are memorable, you want to take some pictures.

Before you go into engine swapping, have you thought about your front suspension? Without the motor, it is easier to work down there.

Easy coil over conversion using clamps underneath coil springs' seats that are previously detached/ grinded off the strut body would be an easy yet strong lowering system. You keep the stock parts, and add some good looks.

Keep it on!!

Jaime._______________________________________________________

progress continued today till i ran out of bed liner and have no money to get more but the floor boards are done im still gonna do what goes under the back seat but the floors themselves are done and looking good i also hit the door jams with the bed liner its looking good all around im proud of it thank you sanitys for the bedliner on the floor idea

DSC04199.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

DSC04202.jpg

DSC04203.jpg

Edited by bonvo
She looks good Bonvo! :D

thanks phelb i think so to and the best part is it wont rust again :D

i see so many places u can use body foam

i know man i can use it in a bunch of places the cross braces for the seats the cross brace along the back of the floor the rockers below the window regulators a bunch of places if the stuff wasent so expencive i would do it

MH770776.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That stuff kicks ass! It is used for houses here in SoCal to keep out the drafts around doors and windows. Smooth it with a putty knife and you're GTG!

That stuff kicks ass! It is used for houses here in SoCal to keep out the drafts around doors and windows. Smooth it with a putty knife and you're GTG!

will it make my chassi stiffer?

Guest jaimesix

That bed liner is looking good. Great idea.

That foam stuff , I did not know it had automotive uses. I used it once at a place I used to live, I discovered a rat in the house, so I chased it, and it ran under a sink. The rat was coming out from insude the walls, through a hole in the dry wall.

Ran to the hardware store and purchased a can of that stuff, and sealed that rat in there. Never saw it again.

If it worked on a rat, it works on a Ratsun!!!!

Jaime.___________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix
There is some elasticity to it. It does well where you would anticipate expansion and contraction

im looking for a cheap replacement for the foam they use in this thread

http://www.sr20-forum.com/members-rides/12127-93-classic-restoration.html

its in the second post im not sure if great stuff would work

im looking for a cheap replacement for the foam they use in this thread

http://www.sr20-forum.com/members-rides/12127-93-classic-restoration.html

its in the second post im not sure if great stuff would work

Flammable? I would not want that much foam on my car. Foam should stay in the seats, where it belongs...

We use A-B foam a lot for all kinds of things, and as far as I know it's all very flamable, but maybe there is some out there that we don't know about.

The biggest thing you need to keep in mind is, it will expand no matter what!!! So if it doesn't have anywhere to expand, it will find a place even if it that includes pushing out the skins of the body. I've seen tons of guys put it in and all of a sudden there is a huge bulge on the quarter and there is nothing you can do about it,:eek:

I've seen guys use the little cans and squirt it in between the bracing and the trunk lid to stop rattles and after a few minutes the trunk lid looks like rolling hills.:lol: Just be carefull with it if you use it.