610 street demon resurection

bonvo

i dont think i will be using the foam it costs to much for one and for to flamable is a big no no besides the car is getting a roll bar anyway so its all good

i did get some stuff done today i started taking the dash apart and cleaning it up and redoing the carbon fiber tape just like i had it done in the first car after talking to william i founs some tricks that made this time look alot better

IMAG0154.jpg

took the entire instrument cluster apart and gave the outer housing aswell as the plastic lenses a good scrubbing it looks brand new

IMAG0155.jpg

removed this entire section of the dash removed all the controls and gave it a good scrubbing then removed the woodgrain trim around the vent and replaced it with carbon fiber then the area around the controls got covered in carbon fiber

IMAG0156.jpg

removed the wood grain here to and replaced it with carbon fiber

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Nice work.

I am going to get rid of the woodgrain too.

I think I am also getting rid of the golden trim, my dash will be black, no golden trim. Dark carbon fiber or black vinyl will replace the woodgrain/golden trim.

What are you doing for the dash pad??? Mine is cracked...needs work. I think I will have it upholstered, with a thin layer of solid sponge, vinyl covered.

I am not there yet....still working on the outside. I painted my rear wheel wells today. On Monday I will give it a second coat, then install the front suspension. On Tuesday I will install the rear. Then I will stand the car on it's feet. Finish painting the inside of the front fenders, by weeks end it will have the fenders on, and I will be going after the engine bay.....cooling /exhaust/intake systems......

I will take pictures next week....my comoputer will be hooked up too, so I will be able to post some pixes.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

i dont think i will be using the foam it costs to much for one and for to flamable is a big no no besides the car is getting a roll bar anyway so its all good

i did get some stuff done today i started taking the dash apart and cleaning it up and redoing the carbon fiber tape just like i had it done in the first car after talking to william i founs some tricks that made this time look alot better

IMAG0154.jpg

took the entire instrument cluster apart and gave the outer housing aswell as the plastic lenses a good scrubbing it looks brand new

IMAG0155.jpg

removed this entire section of the dash removed all the controls and gave it a good scrubbing then removed the woodgrain trim around the vent and replaced it with carbon fiber then the area around the controls got covered in carbon fiber

IMAG0156.jpg

removed the wood grain here to and replaced it with carbon fiber

Edited by jaimesix

Looks damn good. Thanks for the props, Bonvo. Just trial and error, really. I have hated the "metal woodgrain" the whole time I have had my car. How many of us are going to be running carbon fiber?

Guest jaimesix
Looks damn good. Thanks for the props, Bonvo. Just trial and error, really. I have hated the "metal woodgrain" the whole time I have had my car. How many of us are going to be running carbon fiber?

I am not sure if I should go carbon fiber or plain black ( in place of the wood grain ). I am a little afraid carbon fiber would look way to modern for the dash style...I will test it to see.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Just don't toss the old metal; you want it as a template. I am done with mine, I will post pics after the final trim work is completed.

Yes indeed.

I might paint the golden trim black, and re install it in place. It would be cool to see your dash work!!!

Jaime._________________________________________________________

x2

does this stay down/stick for long?

yeah it was in the other car for qlmost 2 years and still isnt pealing up i picked it up at the local kreagan it seems to last for a long time

Nice work.

I am going to get rid of the woodgrain too.

I think I am also getting rid of the golden trim, my dash will be black, no golden trim. Dark carbon fiber or black vinyl will replace the woodgrain/golden trim.

What are you doing for the dash pad??? Mine is cracked...needs work. I think I will have it upholstered, with a thin layer of solid sponge, vinyl covered.

I am not there yet....still working on the outside. I painted my rear wheel wells today. On Monday I will give it a second coat, then install the front suspension. On Tuesday I will install the rear. Then I will stand the car on it's feet. Finish painting the inside of the front fenders, by weeks end it will have the fenders on, and I will be going after the engine bay.....cooling /exhaust/intake systems......

I will take pictures next week....my comoputer will be hooked up too, so I will be able to post some pixes.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

i look forward to the pics for now im gonna leave the dash pad it only has one crack in it:eek:

your very welcome bro it came out alot cleaner because of your sugestions

should be up and running by then at the rate im going the body/chassis stuff is going to be done rather fast its a long list but at the rate im moving it will be done soon the only thing that might take a while is having the rollbar welded in and the patch pannels everything else im doing myself and should take a month tops then everything is just bolt it up and go my dad and i were discussing it tonight the whole drivetrain will swap over in a day were going to be doing som modifications while its out so a weekend to get it mechanically up to snuff i want to get the body work done before that point though its just easier with it all gutted already

my build will be 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better then this one:lol:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=20412&page=1

that AE86 makes me physically ill. and as a race car fabricator I am embarrassed that is considered a race car. Bonovo I know your car will be one to be proud of.

Yar, the car is coming along nicely.

thanks man yeah its comming along i try and get somthing done to it every day tomorrow i plan on continuing work on the roof and knock some more rust off ther car

that AE86 makes me physically ill. and as a race car fabricator I am embarrassed that is considered a race car. Bonovo I know your car will be one to be proud of.

thank you bro yeah im very proud of how its comming along i would rather go slow and do it right once rather then throw it together and have to do it again later

my dad and i are looking at doing the drivetrain transfer this weekend while we have the car up on stands and everything out of it were gonna address any rust that is under there and again bedline the whole underside

followed by "its alive!!!!! its alive!!!":lol:

as for an actual update im experamenting with a rust converter i found at the local parts house we shall see how it works i figure it was 8 bucks if it doesnt work no big deal i also started masking off the body line for the 2 tone paint pics tomorrow in the daylight