Lunch with Pete Brock

Today Pumpkin, Datwifey and I had the honor of having lunch with Pete Brock and his wife Gayle. Truly great people.

However I will say it wasn't an easy mission. Already running late, Pumpkin's alternator took a major shit right on the freeway. mad.gif So we all packed into the 521 and drove down to the Cheesecake Factory to meet up with Pete and Gayle.

We arrived there about fifteen minutes late. No Pete Brock! We felt like a bunch of asses, but it turns out Pete was running late too. Had to turn around back home to get his wallet.

After 30 minutes of waiting, we were starting to get the eerie feeling that it wasn't going to happen.frantics.gif Just as I asked the host if there was another Cheesecake Factory in town, the Brock's showed up.

Great food (minus the tomato on Pumpkin's burger). Awesome conversation. Good laughs.

Then we headed up to the parking lot for a personal autograph session:

Showing off the neon sign to Pete Brock. He was pretty stoked.IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

Pete inspecting where to sign. I recommended where the 46 number wasn't.

(Note the broken neon light section. Apparently the back of pumpkin's car IS NOT safer than the 521 truck bed for hauling Neon signs around. twofinger_salute.gif)

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

Pete signing Pumpkin's BRE 510 model.

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

To top it off, Pete signed the "headliner" of the model. Nice touch.

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

First group pic: As usual I can't keep my eyes open.

IMG_3914.jpg

With the pressure mounting for the next shot, I focused all energy on keeping my eyes open. Pete Brock found this amusing.

IMG_3915.jpg

Three people STUFFED in the 521. Datsun clown truck?

IMG_3916.jpg

ClownTruck.jpg

...and off to rescue Pumpkin's stranded car. All-in-all, a great day despite all of the shitty problems. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 2
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an awesome day. Is it just me or did you use a cardboard stand in for the group pics?

I noticed that when I was cycling through the shots. I didn't change a bit, not even my shut eyes.

Dude, that's rad. Bummer about the neon sign though :(

I was kind of pissed at first. But the guy that built the sign will easily be able to replace that one blue section. Just have to get it over to him.

Pumpkin is officially forgiven, but he will have to donate free mechanic work on our truck.:D