FABRICATION FAIL THREAD

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been considering the idea for my truck. There's definitely no where to put them up front. If it's pointless, I wont waste my time or money.

I'd hope to make it look better than some of these. The corvette was my inspiration for the idea.

The thing about the vette rear mount turbo kit is they don't weld flanges into the casing of some cheapo muffler. I've seen that kit installed on horespower tv, it was very clean, but didn't add much hp for the cost.

And it didn't mount under the seat. That setup is in a late 90's camaro which has plenty of room for a turbo.

No thought at all because those tanks and hoses are rated to take way more abuse then grinding wheel sparks. Those tanks are drawn or forged then heat treated to meet ICC3A2015 or DOT3A2015 standards..... Now if it was the slag falling on the tanks/hoses thats a dif story lol. I have seen people burn right though the hoses and turn them into whipping flame throwers :rofl:

• Like 1

That's kinda funny :rofl: ^^^

Maybe build giant paper-machea fire breathing dragon around hoses ? Lol

Haha I opted to run like hell :w00t:

Ha ha I was at a bar-b- once and the gas tank hose was loose. The flame jumped from the grill down onto the regulator... screaaming, running... everone trying to be somwhere else. The owner was cool, he walked slowly into the garge to get the extinguisher while his wife is yelling do somethng. I reached over and turned the gas off at the bottle. He comes out (walking slowly) with the extinguisher and shrugs and takes it back.

• Like 2

Seen this before. Ten guys run screaming like idiots. One guy calmly walk over and turns off bottles.

Like a boss.

Ya when I company pays me like a boss I act like one. When I'm 17yo and getting paid shit its not my problem I'm out of there lol.

• Like 1

You know, it amazes me people don't understand pressure more. If you have x pressure going out, it's not possible to suck flame back into a bottle and have it explode unless it's right at the edge of empty and somehow got a lot of oxygen in it. I've had people freak out because I made a mini-torch for spiders or whatnot with a lighter and a can of brake cleaner. Sometimes the straw catches fire if you get a few bursts in between. Still, with a full can, it's not going to suck back in with propellant shooting out under pressure.

RBO.jpg

This is more my concern about showering the regulator in sparks, I've seen hoses blow before too, and it's not that big of a deal. But RBO is a big deal, and regulators aren't exactly cheap to replace when the gauges are all pitted and the reg. is full of grinding dust. It's just a dumb, lazy practice in my opinion. When I ran a shop, I always taught everybody not to do it. Better safe than sorry. Burns are for life.