The next episode.

izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Stereo in, wired up. working. I am going to move a few wires around probably tomorrow to get a little bit cleaner look. All but 3 wires hidden. didn't want to cut the dashboard up, so its in a crappy location for the time being. Swapped radiators. Still gets a little warm, going to install a new water pump and call it good. Maybe down the road (couple weeks) install an aftermarket temp gauge that reads in degrees instead of cold/hot so i know exactly what the temp is.

Going to mess around with the wiring a bit tomorrow to clean up the engine bay harness. Its due for a little attention.

Well, i really wanted to get a more expensive deck. Either the 7200 (i think) or a kenwood deck. I love kenwood products. But for what this deck does, it was perfect. It has low pass filter, high pass filter, and will know the difference between sub and front/rear speakers etc.. It has front aux input which is key for what i want... Its not fugly..

So far i am happy with it. Wish i knew more about audio to set it up properly. I did read the manuals and it thumps pretty damn hard. Shakes the truck when cruising but would be nice to have it at its full potential. Its toned down right now till I can get some guidance tuning it properly.

LoL. Who needs battery trays anyways.. This is the only rust i could find on the truck. Rather it be that one spot than many others or floors...

Please keep in mind this patch is just temporary. I don't have the resources or parts to complete this fix. So i just temp cleaned out the old shit and threw this patch in today so had a safer battery spot :rolleyes:

Didn't take to long to form the metal to fit in there like it should be. Pulled it out a few times, hammered on it, once it was close i used a hammer and dolly to smooth it out a little more. Just tacked it in there to hold it till next year at least.

2011-09-11_13-24-09_565.jpg

2011-09-11_13-24-18_550.jpg

some safety glasses. and i used the tape to keep it square-ish

2011-09-11_14-33-21_213.jpg

2011-09-11_15-02-41_451.jpg

2011-09-11_16-03-47_386.jpg

You need to get yourself one of those flanger tools that Harbor freight sells makes patches like your doing look sweet.

has flange bender on one side and hole punch, for welding , on other. I use mine ALL the time.

Orly? Got a link? This patch is just temp stuck there. But if you got a tool that makes it better, i could make this work.

Getting tired of selling rigs... Think the next thing i sell will be the wife :blink: (srs) anyways. Plan on keeping this truck. Needs some work tho for my taste. the fronts riding on the bump stops, so ill need to address that. Needs a light switch. needs seat belts like a mother fucker... Sounds like rocks flying around in the transmission until i push the clutch in.. ill have to see what thats about.

weber

280zx

l20

Anyways, got this for 1200 delivered..

The back is tucking tire too. fender was rolled and slightly pushed out. Its a walk-thru cab...

IMG111.jpg

IMG_20110624_200004.jpg

IMG_20110624_205140.jpg

IMG_20110624_205355.jpg

IMG_20110624_205433.jpg

IMG_20110624_205553.jpg

IMG_20110624_205624.jpg

IMG_20110624_205651.jpg

IMG_20110624_205446.jpg

Nice ride.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Thread from the dead!

Alright ladies. Over the last few weeks its been getting more and more of a PITA to start in the morning. Every day it would crank over a little slower. Fine later in the day, just really slow in the morning. Tie that up with a shitty positive cable with the shitty clamp on end = trouble.

Bucked up and bought a yellow top optima and new positive cable. I chose the yellow top as i run the 1000 watt amp and subs, and the yellow top is designed for that. Next up I am going to swap in my other alternator that is supposed to be 60amp. Yellow top is a bit expensive but the napa batteries only last me a few years it seems. I couldn't really afford this

2011-10-18_09-06-31_950.jpg

I should also mention. I threw the battery on the charger for the day, started great that night. Next morning, battery read 12V but still slow turning over and starting. Can't believe how fast that starter spins now with that optima battery. All the difference in the world.

what did you pay for that battery? every time i look at optima batteries they are $125+ is there a better place to buy? i need to buy one before winter hits.

Too much :blink: 125 isn't bad for a red top. I bought mine at Napa auto parts. Keep in mind, the yellow tops are more expensive. There's two versions, top mount, and then the top + side mount. The top+side is more expensive, and that's all they had. I paid 220 out the door for the yellow top - Top & side mount battery, plus a positive cable with the extra lead off of it for accessories. And it was still cheaper than what the online price said it would be at this napa. Their regular batteries were around 100 bucks. So i splurged. If you buy one, and end up selling your car. Keep that battery. Bet you wont buy another for years to come