610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey, speaking of parts, one thing i would love to find is tail lights.

like these.....

its not a must have or anything, i just really like this set up.....

and maybe another grill.....

just somthing to play with (paint).......

or maybe some rims...

or air dam...

or....

There fixed.

mike are you high

Contact high, Kelly. :rolleyes:

I'm saying I understand. Dreaming, or as I like to say: visualization is great fun and motivational. It's great to see someone doing this when they don't have the car yet but is just within their reach. Anticipation.... almost better than the real thing.

anticipation.jpg

lol, well long term yeah i would love to find 73 fenders and bumpers. and a diff grill to go along with them.

wouldnt mind trying to find a airdam, and its got to be lower.

may end up putting the SUs on the 610 as well

Your wish list is long, but illustrious...

73 fenders and bumpers...good luck on that hunt. I was going to find another set and have mine refinished with the body work. I got tired of waiting and just bit the bullet and had mine straightened. I would say an A to A- job... As for bumpers, they are getting rarer every day...

Airdam? Like a Chin Spoiler? The one from a MkII VW Golf GTi fits with a little modification and looks real trick. I am trying to source one myself for the sedan.

Wait on lowering it...Get the front brakes upgraded to 280ZX. The solid rotors on the 610 are prone to warping, and the brake upgrade is a win-win all around for easy parts to buy later. And with that setup, you can grab up any cheapo Accord coilovers with the 2 inch ID sleeves and lower it right.

SU carbs always wake up any L-series motor. Are yours rebuilt or at least gone over? I recommend it before install...And there is a kick ass write up for SU Air Cleaners somewhere in this forum...hmmm...:rolleyes:

73 fenders and bumpers...good luck on that hunt. I was going to find another set and have mine refinished with the body work. I got tired of waiting and just bit the bullet and had mine straightened. I would say an A to A- job... As for bumpers, they are getting rarer every day...

Airdam? Like a Chin Spoiler? The one from a MkII VW Golf GTi fits with a little modification and looks real trick. I am trying to source one myself for the sedan.

Wait on lowering it...Get the front brakes upgraded to 280ZX. The solid rotors on the 610 are prone to warping, and the brake upgrade is a win-win all around for easy parts to buy later. And with that setup, you can grab up any cheapo Accord coilovers with the 2 inch ID sleeves and lower it right.

SU carbs always wake up any L-series motor. Are yours rebuilt or at least gone over? I recommend it before install...And there is a kick ass write up for SU Air Cleaners somewhere in this forum...hmmm...:rolleyes:

everything zerow said lol your gonna be waiting a while for these parts

oh i know, might even end up using a 510 front bumper and maybe cutting holes in it for front turn sigs, then just do some

body work to make the 76 fenders more like 73 fenders. that way all i need to find is a grill.

and iv been wanting to make my own grill for a datsun for some time, so who knows.

the tail lights is the one thing i really want to find, i like the ones that are on there now but i love the full panel set up

Seems like, as far as fenders go, if you find a pair decent enough to use, then they're probably attached to a car that shouldn't be separated from them. I've kinda learned to live in that reality :lol:

yeah, i dont want to take from a car that could be saved. i would love to make a mold of early fenders and make some fiberglass ones but i dont see that happening right now seeing i dont have that kind of work space.

but i have seen some 610s being parted out that didnt have much hope, + iv im sure one will turn up in a junkyard sooner or later, and seeing they wont sell you a car all thats really left is to part it out.

oh i know, might even end up using a 510 front bumper and maybe cutting holes in it for front turn sigs, then just do some

body work to make the 76 fenders more like 73 fenders. that way all i need to find is a grill.

and iv been wanting to make my own grill for a datsun for some time, so who knows.

the tail lights is the one thing i really want to find, i like the ones that are on there now but i love the full panel set up

I'm not going to be the one who says this...but...

Someone should take the front side marker lights out of a late 610 (like micro's, skunk's, or even bonvo's late fenders), and create a shape mold of the back. Once there is a shape mold, shave it down and smooth it so it fills the contour of the outer skin on the fender, kinda like the covers for the fender mounted mirrors on a '73, except these would cover the side and around to the front of the late model fenders making them look like the '73 fenders. This would breathe new life into these late (read: unwanted) fenders, and allow for more possibilities on the front end of these 610s.

The rear panel of lights that you show was only offered on all '73 and Early '74 Sport Coupes. Late '74, the long "sedan" style taillights were used because Nissan moved the rear license plate in between the taillights and not in the rear bumper. And those panel lights were never offered in Australia.

William, will the 280zx calipers bolt onto the 610/710 strut? And I guess the hub with rotor is needed too?

The reason I ask is I have a set of '84 Maxima struts with nice big calipers and vented rotors. The Maxima is built on the 280z and zx platform and shares much of the suspension, brakes drivetrain etc. To keep the 280zx in just a little higher position the Maxima rotors are a few mm smaller in diameter and the rotors look different but are still huge. Was just hoping to swap the caliper and hub for a quick up grade.

I couldn't see any difference in top to bottom length between the Max and the 710 but the 710s were still mounted so maybe they are shorter? If they are maybe I'll just swap to lower and see what they look like.

You know I should get off my ass and just do some checking myself damn it! I'm off until next Tues. Long as it isn't raining. (was cold but clear today)

'84 Maxima Goon struts. Clearance? No prob. I have a set of S110 200sx 14" 5.5 JJ factory mags. Have to negotiate with my wife to get them back.

710projectbegin029Large-1.jpg

'82 200sx (S110) factory mags.

710wheelswap003Large.jpg

William, will the 280zx calipers bolt onto the 610/710 strut? And I guess the hub with rotor is needed too?

In defense of both 610s that I have owned...

I have only owned 1973 610s, a sports coupe and the sedan. The '73 struts are the most undesireable of all the model run. Small spindles, and because of that difference, I never tried the 280ZX calipers on the stock strut. I will say this from what I remember: The hubs are larger on the 280ZX, so there is strike one. The solid rotor is set back on the stock hub, and the 280zx vented rotor is more "centered" on the hub (if that makes any sense...theres some offset on the stock 610/710 hub/rotor that is different on the 280ZX strut), and , by default, strike two.

Truthfully, I saw that there were serious merits to the upgrade beyond the vented discs:

1) The availability of parts. There are more ZX cars versus the 10-series cars. I have no idea on ratio, but I figure, as long as there is a cult following for ZXs, I will still be able to stop my car.

2) Track differences. The 280ZX struts bring the wheels in some 3/4", giving that more slot car feel.

3) Strut and spring options. You can run AE86 or VW struts with spacers or have the strut tubes shortened. You can have your spring perches welded onto the strut tubes or get coilovers. I maintained stock strut tube length, and I am running a decent coilover setup (I'm not going for extreme pavement scraping, just tastefully lower than the super swamper stock height)

But, it is your car. If the calipers and hubs work on the late model struts, I think it would be great to know for future reference.

BTW, I LOVE these wheels...

'82 200sx (S110) factory mags.

710wheelswap003Large.jpg

Really, there is a complete early front end on a wagon in the Pick a Part in Modesto.

Just saying,

Really, there is a complete early front end on a wagon in the Pick a Part in Modesto.

Just saying,

If there was a way I could get there and have the parts still be attached to the car, I would be all over the front end of that car.

Most 610s found at the yards are '74 and later. This is an oddity, or perhaps an omen from the junkyard gods of good things to come this year.

You're in SoCal, Abe, how many '73 610s with intact front ends have you seen at the yards recently?

The 510 strut has smaller spindle I believe so perhaps the '73 610 is the same. '74 and on are more like the z and zx strut.. I took my Maxima and one 710 struts appart on the weekend. See my 710 goon thread. I plan to shorten the long 710 spring and mount on the Max strut.

The 510 strut has smaller spindle I believe so perhaps the '73 610 is the same. '74 and on are more like the z and zx strut.. I took my Maxima and one 710 struts appart on the weekend. See my 710 goon thread. I plan to shorten the long 710 spring and mount on the Max strut.

ive played with early and late struts i think the early cars "borrowed" 510 stuts considering the spindles are smaller then late model spindles and the early ones have the wedge pad calapers

ratsuners let me introduce to you coco, who is wearing her new shoes for her debut

2w2q62b.jpg

1-owner mostly original '73* sourced for me by another ratsuner

got some rust around the window molding (no surprise there huh?)

and a few bumps and bruises from the p.o.

n/a sr swap in progress atm ;)

truthfully, my biggest worry is getting the original paint color right

the few 610's this color that have been repainted got it all wrong

it's actually got some dark green mist in it, but you'd never guess unless got a few inches away

*zerow notes the grill badge lol

ratsuners let me introduce to you coco, who is wearing her new shoes for her debut

2w2q62b.jpg

*zerow notes the grill badge lol

zerow does note the grille badge... <_< :lol:

Is this the "infamous" one that nobody really knew about...?

Coco looks good, burabuda. Awaiting more pics as the time comes. :)

BTW: It appears you are missing a gas door...