610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i swapped out my R160 3.70's for an R180 3.36 on my 610 and to my surprise, its actually quicker and much faster on top end too. the 3.70's were just too steep for the 22" tire dia. what gears are we all running in our cars just wondering?

Thanks Zero! for the donation once again !!!

i swapped out my R160 3.70's for an R180 3.36 on my 610 and to my surprise, its actually quicker and much faster on top end too. the 3.70's were just too steep for the 22" tire dia. what gears are we all running in our cars just wondering?

Thanks Zero! for the donation once again !!!

I can hear the excitement in your post!

Now, I need to find me a new (to me) differential...

My '74 710 sedan came with H165 and 4.11s. It shifts into second after one car length and is hardly noticed. Third is about the the other side of an intersection and more noticeable, and then a long wind up and up and up to highway speed all the time expecting a gear shift that never happens. The goon has 3.70 with 4 speed. I may swap the diffs when I put the 5 speed in it. The auto sedan should still run ok and maybe not whine so much.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a Datsun ( i think its a 610 ) all it says is 1800 . I havent seen it close yet and IS a project . My buddy found it over in Oregon and is going to bring it down in a couple weeks . Ive got a couple pics on my I- phone i will try to post but after comparing numerous pics on this thread , its identical to the clean light brown on on page 61 of this thread next to the green slatted chain link fence . What have i got ?? Thanks in advance !!!

Page 62.

datsun_610_front2.jpg

This is a 180-B probably from Oz or NZ (built in NZ) where they were called that. In Japan they were called Bluebird Us, but here they were simply the Datsun 610.

Check the grill and bumpers likely you have just a 610. :D

Oz or Nz ??? Excuse my ignorance , please explain . Thanks Mike !!

Oz: Oz-tralia: Australia, also referred to as 'land of Oz'. Known for their insane/radical car builds, getting Datsun models we only dream of but with smaller motors than us and toilets that flush backwards.

NZ: New Zealand