• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its LHD, Probably not from OZ or NZ.

:blush: Kinda obvious now.....

very early 610's (with a 72 build date) were badged as the datsun 1800 in the states zerow has the badges on his car

Didn't know that, had to look it up. Probably up till 07 '73 when the grill badge changed from the 510, or one of the 510 styles.

510em14.jpg

I see in the picture the grill emblem has a Red White Blue background behind the UN letters. My picture info shows it behind the AT in DATSUN

datsun_610_front2.jpg

Yes , you are correct about having to smog hear in Sparks ( everything 68 or newer ) Considering most of my cars are 68 -72 vintage .... well .. it Sucks ! Hear are a couple pics of the 610 if i can get them to load .... Dont laugh to hard :blink: IMG_01751.jpgIMG_01741.jpg

Yes , you are correct about having to smog hear in Sparks ( everything 68 or newer ) Considering most of my cars are 68 -72 vintage .... well .. it Sucks ! Hear are a couple pics of the 610 if i can get them to load .... Dont laugh to hard :blink: IMG_01751.jpgIMG_01741.jpg

Crap you have to smog back to 68 there? Even Mass where they are tough as hell on safety inspection lets pre 90 cars go w/o smog. And this is about the most liberal state in the union!

very early 610's (with a 72 build date) were badged as the datsun 1800 in the states zerow has the badges on his car

Yes sir, build dates up to 1 December 1972 carried 'Datsun 1800' badges.

Mine was built 5 December 1972....close enough for me to run '1800' emblems.

• 2 weeks later...

actually shes cool with it why would she be pissed?

I hope you aren't assuming. Two things: she's only human and she's female. Kinda like gas and air. Safe only if not in the same container. Never assume around a female.... always err on the side of caution. 'Girlfriend' implies a mutual possession of each other. If she is yours, YOU are most definitely hers. Even if she says 'It's ok'. It's just a test to see if you will. They are delightfully sneaky and devious pets. :lol:

p.s. I trust you bonvo.

I hope you aren't assuming. Two things: she's only human and she's female. Kinda like gas and air. Safe only if not in the same container. Never assume around a female.... always err on the side of caution. 'Girlfriend' implies a mutual possession of each other. If she is yours, YOU are most definitely hers. Even if she says 'It's ok'. It's just a test to see if you will. They are delightfully sneaky and devious pets. :lol:

p.s. I trust you bonvo.

Agreed on all counts. Why I posted what I did. My wife has a very (very, very) short list of females that she will allow on or near my car partially clothed as part of a photo shoot. And its not even her car! Twelve years of being with the same woman will tell you what boundary line you can cross and which you cannot.

And on that note, my car (female) has been in my life for 29 years come December 17. She is not jealous if I bring home another Datsun :P