610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holden is (essentially) the US General Motors in Australia. I thought I recognized the name, they are marketed as Opels in Europe. Plentiful as heck, insomuch that I knew of at least 10 owned by friends on post when I was in the Army. Had to be able to stop on a dime, Autobahns and all...

As for an American cross-over part, probably not as likely, as that car was never marketed here. *Maybe* the late model Corsica, or some other mid-sized car of that shape and size. I would worry about any part like that, with GMs overall demise. :(

Guest jaimesix

P.S. jaimesix was that your red debumpered 710 at JCCS? friggin' sweet!

Yes, it is mine, thanks for the good comment.

I am puting together a stash of non US parts, front fenders, f & r bumpers and bumper brackets, front valance, grille, so it will look as Datsun Co. intended it to look. After the 610 's discharge from the beaters shop, the 710 will begine it's process. Known as 160J and Violet overseas.

Cheers.

Guest jaimesix
Holden is (essentially) the US General Motors in Australia. I thought I recognized the name, they are marketed as Opels in Europe. Plentiful as heck, insomuch that I knew of at least 10 owned by friends on post when I was in the Army. Had to be able to stop on a dime, Autobahns and all...

As for an American cross-over part, probably not as likely, as that car was never marketed here. *Maybe* the late model Corsica, or some other mid-sized car of that shape and size. I would worry about any part like that, with GMs overall demise. :(

About the demise of the three stooges, that is a posibility. I was impressed by the fact it is a bolt on swap. If GM falls over, perhaps Holden will survive over there, because Holden , unlike it's parent company GM, has been a successful enterprise all along.

If I get the parts for my 710, I will also get a couple sets of brake pads, and a couple caliper rebuild kits, to assure a good period of tranquility and trouble free driving.

Will keep you guys posted here at the official Datsun 610 thread.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

You could try a pontiac GTO(new one last few years) as it is just a 2 door commodore or Monaro in Aus

Guest jaimesix
You could try a pontiac GTO(new one last few years) as it is just a 2 door commodore or Monaro in Aus

Pontiac GTO, that is an Australian ride, that is true. I will investigate.

Thanks.

the bad guys in this japanese tv show from the 1980's are driving a white sharknose 610:

seibu keisatsu episode 38

I saw a white 610 being used by the mobsters in a drive by shooting.

Smart move, you want a performance car for a getaway, not a wimp italian wannabie ride!:lol:

Edited by jaimesix
Pontiac GTO, that is a Australian ride, that is true. I will investigate.

Thanks.

I saw a white 610 being used by the mobsters in a drive by shooting.

Smart move, you want a performance car for a getaway, not a wimp italian wannabie ride!:lol:

I think they may also be the same as corvette calipers from the late 80's early 90's

Guest jaimesix

Corvette Calipers from the late 80's early 90's??. That is awesome, a bolt on caliper upgrade like that would add braking power.

Will check it out. Thanks.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

this is one of my favorite pics

dragdatto.jpg

on a lighter note anyone know how different a stock z car swaybar is from an aftermarket one for the 610? obviously diamiter would be different but would it work width wise?

Edited by bonvo
  • 2 weeks later...
That's a nice damn car..meshies would look killer on it.

The guy who owns this car lurks around here often. I talk to him about joining about as often. The car won at JCCS last year (2007).

I have to agree, a good looking 610, but I know of a better looking one...

let me guess your sedan? jamies 2 door?

Well, it's not mine, as I would have pics of my sedan. And being one of the few 610 sedans out there, well, you get the picture.

Jaime's car is Jaime's car. It would be like posting pics of someone else's wife. His car looks great, can't wait for some "family" photos with my sedan at some far flung industrial yard.

No, I have seen some damn nice 610s up close, I just want to taunt this guy into showing some more of the "others"...:P