610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

Guest jaimesix

Actually this blue 610 looks dirty and neglected, but it looks straight and free of major rust.

Carefull inspection is needed, but if it runs on its own ( towing fees add up when you buy a non running car ) and it has no rust, it would be a nice restoration car.

If he is asking 1000.00, 700 bucks will probably deliver!

Jaime._______________________________________________________

PD: I think this car was featured at Car Domain...its owner showed up once at Eagle Rock swap meet....perhaps I am wrong.

Edited by jaimesix
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PD: I think this car was featured at Car Domain...its owner showed up once at Eagle Rock swap meet....perhaps I am wrong.

You would be correct. It did have Koenig Rewinds on it, but apparently not anymore...

You would be correct. It did have Koenig Rewinds on it, but apparently not anymore...

It did have rewinds on it but the guy sold them. I took a look at this car (the blue one) last night. I might be getting it, the guys is checking on back fees he owes DMV right now, then he'll let me know so we can work out a price.

Sorry, new user, first post, but I've been looking aroung for a while. I could use some help from you 610 guys if I pick this up. Needs a manual trans. I got a 5 speed from a Z, but I'll need the rest of the parts and to do a good amount of work on the car, but it's just too rare to pass up. I almost got that black primer one in SGV a few years back that showed up on Craigslist, but I've been kicking myself for letting it go. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Scott

Hi.

This is jaimesix. I asked the administrator of this site ( Bleach )to show me how to close my account. I think it is time for me to move onto other horizons.

I wanted to close the account and move on. Instead of the information to close my account, I received noticed that I have been baned.

Either way, I am not planning on coming here any more ( I would like to know how to close an account so I can close this one too.), but I wanted to set the record straight, I wanted to close my account, and instead of my name and account disappearing, I was banned.

Not that it is very important, but there is a difference between closing an account and being banned from a site.

Thanks to all the 610 fans out there, and I will see you on the road. I can be reached also at my Car Domain page.

Jaime._________________________________________________

BTW, Bleach, what is the process a member has to go through to close his/her account?

Nice 180B!!! SSS Grille with the fender mirrors.

Not exactly the factory fender mirrors. ;)

Those are old school Talbot mirrors, just mounted up on the fender. If you like them they are 1/4 the price of OEM fender mirrors?

Oddly, it does not have rear side marker lights...

Pretty sure only US cars have rear side markers?

I almost got that black primer one in SGV a few years back that showed up on Craigslist, but I've been kicking myself for letting it go. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Scott

Do you mean this car?:

100_0355.jpg

If you buy the blue car, you are getting a far better car my friend.

I bought the Black 610 2-door from Craigslist. The car is so rusty, it doesn't cast a shadow. This shot is probably it's best side. The drivetrain is the only thing worth the money, and some of the misc. parts that my sedan needed. I've sold a majority of the thing, still need to pull the motor and gut the rest out. I've got a taker for the rolling chassis, for a project, not a resto.

Good luck with the buy - PM me if you need anything, I *may* have a few of the things you need. The guy selling the blue car knows me, and I have talked to him in the past regarding his 610.

Edited by zerow
Not exactly the factory fender mirrors. ;)

Those are old school Talbot mirrors, just mounted up on the fender. If you like them they are 1/4 the price of OEM fender mirrors?

Pretty sure only US cars have rear side markers?

No desire for fender mirrors. The look is nice, but the inconvenience of getting out to move them would eventually piss me off. That, and the whole idea of "objects waaaay smaller and farther than they appear" just doesn't appeal to me. I thought the UK cars, as well as the rest of Europe (not AU) had side markers as well.

Thanks to all the 610 fans out there, and I will see you on the road. I can be reached also at my Car Domain page.

Sorry to hear about this.

Jaimesix, take care my friend and thank you for your insight over the many posts. We will talk more in the future.

No desire for fender mirrors. The look is nice, but the inconvenience of getting out to move them would eventually piss me off.

I pretty much set them once then never touch them again. :P

And if they need adjustment, you just have a second person adjust it while you're in the seat. ;)

That, and the whole idea of "objects waaaay smaller and farther than they appear" just doesn't appeal to me.

This really isn't a problem that you'd notice while driving. To me, they work way better than door mirrors. There's zero blind spot, and I never have to take my eyes off the road to look at them.

I know we didnt get the rear side markers in AU.

Yeah, speaking of...

I had a deal all lined up for a trade of the more US spec type parts, including rear side marker lights to a guy in AU, but it appears to have all but fell apart. I will post some pics and hopefully generate another trade...:rolleyes:

Id be keen for some of those rear lights pictured above, they look insane:eek:

Insane? I'd use that word to describe the lights!:D

PM me sideline if interested, I will try one last (futile) attempt to get ahold of the guy who had this lined up first. The rear lights in the pic are spoken for, its the rear sidemarker lights that were the bulk majority of the trade. The rest was small interior bits that are different between the US and AU versions (heater controls, hazard light switch, etc.) I will keep you posted.

Do you mean this car?:

100_0355.jpg

If you buy the blue car, you are getting a far better car my friend.

I bought the Black 610 2-door from Craigslist. The car is so rusty, it doesn't cast a shadow. This shot is probably it's best side. The drivetrain is the only thing worth the money, and some of the misc. parts that my sedan needed. I've sold a majority of the thing, still need to pull the motor and gut the rest out. I've got a taker for the rolling chassis, for a project, not a resto.

Good luck with the buy - PM me if you need anything, I *may* have a few of the things you need. The guy selling the blue car knows me, and I have talked to him in the past regarding his 610.

That might be it. I thought it had different rims though. The guy did post that it had rust from a vinyl top. Thanks though man, I feel a little better about missing out on it now. I'm probably gonna need the pedals and hard line for the clutch if you still have it and I pick up the car. I'm still waiting on him for some info.

Hey Bonvo not yet. That fender might be mine still, and I'm gonna need it. If I don't pick up the car, I'll put you in touch with the guy. Or if I find some glass fenders, maybe we can work something out. I'll let you know.

Scott