610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its a sr20 det with the sr 5sp bolted straight to the auto gearbox crossmember(car was orig an auto)and bolted to the original spot underneath.

I have spares of nearly everything except the cluster and have found another totally stock 610sss the guy wants 1k for it so might get that next week.

Over here guys would rather the all red tailamps then the all too common amber.

oh ok i must have read your post wrong i thought you had the sr bolted to the l series trans i was about to say how does that one work

hmmm well how about this ill try and track down a set of all red ones if you send me a set of the ones you guys have down there?

here it is, just got back from JCCS in irvine, CA and decided to post a pic of my car.

cheers

100_3395-1.jpg

Was that the one in CraigsList a few months back??

Yes, the bumper needs some straightening. Theres a place on Florence in LA. Straighten and rechrome for a reasonable price. Overall, clean.

yeah craigslist, the guy was relisting it FOR-EVER and my girlfriend actually told me ta check it out. got it for a song. he wanted too much. talked him wayyyyy down. figgered if nothin' else a real cheap project. didn't put it in the show cause it's faaaarrr from ready, i shoulda entered though. oh well, next year.

gotta ditch the bumpers (hideous) or get them skinny ones a few of you fellars are runnin' and lose the 13" meshies (all i had that would fit). gonna try ta swap the trans by november to the 4-speed if my wrecking yard mercenary can score me the pedals from the eeco all foreign in fontucky!! here's hoping!!! thanks again for listening.

cheers

yeah craigslist, the guy was relisting it FOR-EVER and my girlfriend actually told me ta check it out. got it for a song. he wanted too much. talked him wayyyyy down. figgered if nothin' else a real cheap project. didn't put it in the show cause it's faaaarrr from ready, i shoulda entered though. oh well, next year.

gotta ditch the bumpers (hideous) or get them skinny ones a few of you fellars are runnin' and lose the 13" meshies (all i had that would fit). gonna try ta swap the trans by november to the 4-speed if my wrecking yard mercenary can score me the pedals from the eeco all foreign in fontucky!! here's hoping!!! thanks again for listening.

cheers

dude if you get ride of thouse bumpers send them my way at least the back one

No fighting, kids. I saw the car on CL months ago, and it was insanely high priced. I don't even want to ask what you paid for it, if you got it for that cheap. Why ditch the bumpers?? They are '73 610 bumpers and highly prized. Hard to find. If you've ever seen the '74 bumpers, then you would understand. I have my set ready for my 4 door, and I am waiting patiently to get some paint on her. JCCS '09 or Bust!

really? i'm not fighting with anyone, he did want like 1200. nice guy from nicaragua, needed some straightening and other stuff (the car not the guy). he saw that i really wanted to save her and lemme "half" it (hint hint). i thought since the car is a 1974 (build date is early 74') that these are the ugly "park bench" bumpers mentioned on this site. either way i'm not too fond of them and may be letting them go or be willing to trade for like a datsun teeshirt or key fob. heh, aiming high. and yes i would love to park with you guys next year, that'd be friggin' awesome, cause i never get to see 610's anywhere sept the interweb. oh, and of course my driveway. keep rockin' the 610 love y'all!!!

cheers

shit if what 610 parts do you need ill see what i got to swap you and you dont have the park bench bumpers take a look at my car (pictured above) thouse are the park bench bumpers what you may have is the transitional bumpers which are the 73 bumpers mounted on shocks with rubber trim peices to take up the gap

Edited by bonvo

ohhhhhhhh, now i see! duh! i had no idea, well, like i said these are dog's hind leg crooked. i'd be willing to trade or somethin'. i really likeded that 710 at the show (sans bumpers), i imagine my car the same only with really fat lip wheels and bubble flairs A'LA the BOSOZOKU cars from nippon. or at least something a little more track-like. the interior is a little too far gone to save so's i figure i'll gut it, throw some race buckets at it, a bit of aluminum sheet and dyna-matt and a splash of undercoat. but, for now i really wanna do the 4-speed swap cause the auto slips really bad. although i do drive it daily at least 60 miles round trip. damn, these things are freakishly reliable. thanks again for the pm's guys. more helpful bunch and much better than the other sites i've joined in the past.

cheers

thats one of the best things about ratsun we may be a disfunctional bunch but we are full of info :D one option ive been playing around with for bumpers is 510 bumpers

heres a pic of datsun freaks 610 with 510 bumpers this is where i got the idea

insperation.jpg

(speaking of datsun freak hes been awful quiet latly i wonder whats up)

Guest jaimesix

Hi 610'ers.

Here in FLA. My PC connection failed at home in CA. so I have not had the opportunity to reply after the show.

I will be back in the sunshine state this weekend. I took pictures of the show. It was a nice show, plenty of cars. Unfortunately family issues prevented me from finishing the 610 for the show, but it will be done very, very soon. I am going to get hands on fire as soon as I go back.

The 710 proudly represented the cool Datsun side and Datsun pundits enjoyed seing it at JCCS.

Bonvo, hoped to see you there, perhaps next year.I saw Duncan's cool 1200, Matt's JDM 1200, Mosaimb's green 1200, ( forgot' your name bro, my apologies )'s cool forest green 1200 sedan....cool ride. Saw Demitri's green JDM 610....nice car, got 'a love that gauge cluster!!. That 610 wagon was nice, rough yet nice. Owner promisses some TLC and improvements. Very cool. He also has a 710 he intends on turning into IRS.

The 320 next to my 710 was very cool too. That pristine B210 was an awesome ride. Saw the 620 fleet, cool trucks. Nice roadsters and many Datsuns and other japanese rides to enjoy.

Talked to JBRD and his dad, they were enjoying the show. Very cool to see you there John, very good to see you both enjoying the show.

Next year my 610 will be there. I got to say that seing that 610 wagon has butressed my intentions about getting a wagon. It looked very cool. It was parked next to 510 wagons. 510 wagons are cool, but in the eye of this 610'er that 610 wagon ruled that wagon lot!

Next year we should try a post event stop, if it happens again at this location, I will check a large place with large lot, plenty in that area. There is a Barnes& Noble /Arbys/mall lot at 405 and Beach Blvd.

I am sure I did not get to meet many members from this site, difficult to know whom is whom, but I sure enjoyed the show. I talked to Zerow, Duncan, Matt, JBRD, Mosaimbf,Demitri and plenty others whose names I can not recall.( I am bad at remembering names, sorry)

About Sliding Creep's 610, cool, welcome to the 610ers world. Hope to see you at the next event. I hope this year Torrance's Datsun meet in January happens again. It happened at a Hamburguer stand on PCH on Jan 07

Back to enjoying the palm trees and warm breeze here in FLA, late!!

Edited by jaimesix

im so bummed i had to miss it but when a family reunion is happening with your great grandfather attending you kinda have no other choice i would have rather gone to jccs considering i was bored out of my mind but still hopfully next year i will be there with a lowered yellow 76 610 with no bumpers :D

I'm thinking....JCCS?!

Good thinking... :D

Spent a load of time getting ready for that, and still organizing a lot of the stuff I shot while out there.

But I will say one of the 1200s at the show will be featured in a magazine very soon... ;)

Wish I could have gotten 5 minutes alone with that sexy green RHD 610 Dimitri brought to the show...

So here I am all set up ready to get work on the 610 done, so I start to replace my mustache bar bushings, and what do i see ?

4233d264.jpg

19250981.jpg

d6a25016.jpg

Looks like it doesn't fit, WTF I'm so pissed, their too big No one is as mad as I am now. I guess with cars this old you can't expect parts specifically for them to WORK!

It looks like who ever designed these measured the outside diameter of the bushing hole, not the inside.