610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

Well the thing is we messed up the order and now we have the joint all FUBAR and it's easiest to wait for tomorrow.

Under the eintier car this is the only problem area that I could find, rust ?

IMG_0295.jpg

ANd I like how when I jacked up the car, the wheels came right up lol. no travel at all.

IMG_0293.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the thing is we messed up the order and now we have the joint all FUBAR and it's easiest to wait for tomorrow.

Under the eintier car this is the only problem area that I could find, rust ?

IMG_0295.jpg

why is the jackstand on the body? always place jackstands on structual points (front subframe rear x member)

dont wanna fuck up the rockers

Guest jaimesix
610 photo, but 710 blueprint.

Mikko.

That is unbelievable, somehow I did not notice it, that is major fumble on part of...non other than a :eek:Datsun History Museum!!!:eek:

Indeed the photo shows a sedan 610 , but the layout is a Datsun 710's :eek:

I wonder what is going on, :confused::confused:

Jaime.____________________________________________________---

Guest jaimesix

Under the eintier car this is the only problem area that I could find' date=' rust ?

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/snsforums/610/IMG_0295.jpg[/img]

why is the jackstand on the body? always place jackstands on structual points (front subframe rear x member)

dont wanna fuck up the rockers

Never use rockers for jack stand locations, I know all automobile instruction books say so, but that area is not strong enough.

Better to use the suspension cross member as a jack stand location. That member is strong, and the cross member joints are made to sustain great stress.

About rear suspension travel, perhaps your car has shorter shocks in place.

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Mikko.

That is unbelievable, somehow I did not notice it, that is major fumble on part of...non other than a :eek:Datsun History Museum!!!:eek:

Solid axle and leaf springs!! It's just to save printing space. Use one car to show the dimensions. The hood release on my truck clearly shows a car with the hood up, no biggie!

Mikko.

Aliens.....

610 photo, but 710 blueprint.

Mikko.

I have this blueprint - and I have never noticed that before until mikko1200 pointed it out. Who would have thought...? I think the numbers for sales are fudged as well. I would have to think that more than that was sold, but then again, who knows?

I have this blueprint - and I have never noticed that before until mikko1200 pointed it out. Who would have thought...? I think the numbers for sales are fudged as well. I would have to think that more than that was sold, but then again, who knows?

i bet if we could find a nissan corporate person who was working for them around that time he might be able to find out

Guest jaimesix

I am sure the responsable party at Datsun is the same oversighty Datsun officer that ordered Datsuns "Z" without the real nose into the US, same guy that ordered Datsun B210s without the L series engine into the US( we never got the 140 and 160Z Datsuns :mad: ) , same guy that ordered the Datsun 710 w/o IRS suspension into the US( like the 160JSSS:mad: ), same guy that ordered the "Park Bench" bumpers on all Datsuns B210, 610, 710, 200SX, F10s, etc, those wacky "logs" only good for picnic benches as bumpers in the US that defaced all cool Datsuns only in the US :mad:

Somebody at Datsun was going lulu back in the 70s....:eek:

Jaime.____________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Hey Bonvo, that is a cool photo shop emblem you made over there ( at bottom of your posts.)

I have yet to learn how to use Photo Shop. Everytime I try, the end result is a product worthy of a kindergarden's classroom wall of fame!

In the confort of my room, I could get a star on my forehead....but if seen by the public...probably a bottle at my forehead and a couple rotten eggs would be more in tune:eek:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Hey Bonvo, that is a cool photo shop emblem you made over there ( at bottom of your posts.)

I have yet to learn how to use Photo Shop. Everytime I try, the end result is a product worthy of a kindergarden's classroom wall of fame!

In the confort of my room, I could get a star on my forehead....but if seen by the public...probably a bottle at my forehead and a couple rotten eggs would be more in tune:eek:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

send me a pic of your car drom the same angle and i can make one shit end me one with both the 610 and 710 and i can do one with them thats the easy stuff my project for william is not so easy :P

... my project for william is not so easy :P

YEEEESSSSSS!!! Causing problems everywhere I go. :D

If someone near me is smiling, I must be pissing off at least five other people somewhere else. :fu:

If someone near me is smiling, I must be pissing off at least five other people somewhere else. :fu:

the problem i keep hitting is i cant get the color to do what i want it to it eather is to dark looks almost green or it looks primered ive tried everything i can think of im gonna ask my graphic design buddy for some tips on it :D

Guest jaimesix

Cool, I will do, let me check some good pixes.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

BTW, I went to a local Nissan delaer today. I need to get the plastic retainers/clips that keep the stainless trim against the "J" lines and also the same retainers or clips that hold the tail lamp/trunk area trim in place.

At the trunk area, the side "parenthesis" side trim is bolted on, but the upper and lower horizontal stainless steel molding uses clips/retainers.

Well, We investigated the micro fiche and we could not discern which were the retainers/clips. I ordered 4 pieces that should come in on thursday as test, if correct, will get the remainder.

I also ordered the rubber hood cushion stops ( lateral, on both sides of hood, over the fender )....those will come from Japan if indeed available, and it will take several weeks, so I have to pray to the rising sun flag every night untill the good news arrives.

If anyone has the part number for those retainers/clips I am talking about, please let me know.

I forgot to look for the retainers/clips for the rocker panel stainless trim....if I can not find those, I will just use plastic plugs ( painted same color as car ) and do away with those pieces.

Any idea where to get Datsun part numbers???

Jaime._______________________________________________________

BTW, I went to a local Nissan delaer today. I need to get the plastic retainers/clips that keep the stainless trim against the "J" lines and also the same retainers or clips that hold the tail lamp/trunk area trim in place.

At the trunk area, the side "parenthesis" side trim is bolted on, but the upper and lower horizontal stainless steel molding uses clips/retainers.

Well, We investigated the micro fiche and we could not discern which were the retainers/clips. I ordered 4 pieces that should come in on thursday as test, if correct, will get the remainder.

I also ordered the rubber hood cushion stops ( lateral, on both sides of hood, over the fender )....those will come from Japan if indeed available, and it will take several weeks, so I have to pray to the rising sun flag every night untill the good news arrives.

If anyone has the part number for those retainers/clips I am talking about, please let me know.

I forgot to look for the retainers/clips for the rocker panel stainless trim....if I can not find those, I will just use plastic plugs ( painted same color as car ) and do away with those pieces.

im after the same info i need thouse clips mine died and my trim peices live in the trunk now

compression, compression??? I know he had been looking for these parts for his restoration as well, AND he might have these part numbers.