610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

Man the 610 was going around 85MPH last night on the 91. It was so smooth too. Of course I was in the cab of the flatbed truck. but still lol. I don't knwo what happened to it. We were driving and all of a sudden it died, and wouldn't restart. I think it might be spark, but I have no idea and I havne't looked at it yet.

What happened?? Did you swap in the electronic distributor? Might be a bad ground to the dizzy. :confused:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pull a plug wire off and stick an old plug in the end and lay on the valve cover and crank it over. If you get spark, take the air filter off and work the throttle, you should see a strong squirt of fuel into the primary. Spark and fuel = it should go.

No this is on the points dizzy, I once attempted to put the EI in but couldn't get it to work. That's what I was thinking, some sort of wiring fault because the PO butchered the harness.

still have the ei dizzy? matchbox type? would you let it go for cheap :D

Guest jaimesix
Man the 610 was going around 85MPH last night on the 91. It was so smooth too. Of course I was in the cab of the flatbed truck. but still lol. I don't knwo what happened to it. We were driving and all of a sudden it died, and wouldn't restart. I think it might be spark, but I have no idea and I havne't looked at it yet.

Hey Nbesheer, did you find out what happened???

A sudden loss of power is ussualy due to electrical trouble. A short in the some circuit. Perhaps lost ground when re wiring everything. Another sudden death issue concerns gas pumps, in any event, let us know what it is.

I have an electronic distributor but I will not install it untill rebuilding the distributor, I want no issues, this electronic distributor looks a little old, needs some work to bring it back from the afterdead world.

I am planing to hook it up to an MSD CU and an MSD coil.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
heres mine i bought bout a month go. its currently under going a compete resto.

datsun008dy9.jpg

anyone have the rear quarter badges that say "Datsun 610" and willing to post to oz?

darcy.

Hey Darcy, that is a nice ride.

What are your plans? Is it a 180B SSS???

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Hey Darcy, that is a nice ride.

What are your plans? Is it a 180B SSS???

hey jamie

yes it is a 180b SSS and are becoming quite rare so i'm lucky datsun parts are interchangeable between models. :)

plans for it, keep it original is the main one. the body is in too good condition to mess with. the interior is not that great, mainly from sitting in the queensland sun for a few years but the plan is to restore everything to showroom condition, but thinking going a black and gray rather then poo brown on baby vomit brown color scheme.

i finished school today, my last exam, (yes its my firs car, so why not start with the best :D) so i havent been working on it since today. so me and a friend got i started. YAY!!! it had a lo of black smoke from the exhaust, but with a little tune it settled down. it needs a proper tune now, but pretty much no one over here knows how to tune twin SU's.

thanks for the interest :D

i'll keep you guys posted.

Darcy

Guest jaimesix
hey jamie

yes it is a 180b SSS and are becoming quite rare so i'm lucky datsun parts are interchangeable between models. :)

plans for it, keep it original is the main one. the body is in too good condition to mess with. the interior is not that great, mainly from sitting in the queensland sun for a few years but the plan is to restore everything to showroom condition, but thinking going a black and gray rather then poo brown on baby vomit brown color scheme.

i finished school today, my last exam, (yes its my firs car, so why not start with the best :D) so i havent been working on it since today. so me and a friend got i started. YAY!!! it had a lo of black smoke from the exhaust, but with a little tune it settled down. it needs a proper tune now, but pretty much no one over here knows how to tune twin SU's.

thanks for the interest :D

i'll keep you guys posted.

Darcy

Hi Darcy.

Yes, it is a cool 180BSSS, what a cool ride.

I agree with the black interior plan, I like black interiors, easier to keep clean, look sportier and seem to last for ever.

That Wallaby poop color is not appealing, and fades fast.

About your S/Us, Zerow has become an expert on the issue. He has rebuilt his S/U set up soon to be installed on his nice 610 sedan. Hope he can share some of his knowledge.

I have seen a couple cool books on S/Us, as well as a nice video showing a step by step approach on S/U rebuilding. Let me know if interested, I will get you the information.

I will share some pixes of my 610 soon, about to run !!!

Jaime.___________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...
de-bumpered, J-trimmed (hammered straight, painted and rivetted), slammed to the stoppers on 15x7's meshies and new falken ZE-502's.

100_3442-1.jpg

100_3441-1.jpg

rideses like shettox at 60 but it smooths out all the way up to a buck!!

cheers

Sick. Just Sick. I really like the stance. Just be careful running around without bumpers, you wouldn't want to replace sheetmetal on that car.

You can slot the rear end and bring them tires in a bit at the top, if you so choose. I plan on it, but I don't plan to be that low, either.

You got the handling bit right Mark_Z28, corners flat and no more roll. i'll try and get some of the butterfly out when i install the arm-cam-bits cause the tires are discontinued and this was the last set i could squeeze out of a pal that runs a tire place.

Thanks for the compliment ZEROW, i was messin' with the stance earlier this week and i wanted to see how it looked with the 15's on and ended up slammin' it on 205/60's. then liked it so much i went out and bought a brand new set of 195/50's to get a lil' lower and some 1250lb. rated ride helper coils to aide the chopped springs. i thought you guys might get a kick out of a silly slam. problem is i love it and am working on making parts and getting the gear to keep it this low and safely driveable.

cheers

Sick. Just Sick. I really like the stance. Just be careful running around without bumpers, you wouldn't want to replace sheetmetal on that car.

You can slot the rear end and bring them tires in a bit at the top, if you so choose. I plan on it, but I don't plan to be that low, either.

beautiful stance man slot that xmember to fix that camber of death and your good to go but yeah man get bumpers i run without bumpers (just cant find any) and have had to replace the sheetmetal......... twice.........not a fun job with these cars its a scavenger hunt in hell but the car looks beautiful might i make a note on the licence plate in the front how is it held on did you drill holes in the valance? if so its to late but you could mount it by one of the screws that holds the fender to the valance

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

Nice ride Shakotan. Looks very cool. That is the bug we all have eating at us, the lower stance tryout.

You can take care of the camber and at the same time keep it low. A little lifting of the rear or a little lowering of the front will bring the car to balance.

What plans do you have for your 610, is it a keeper?? or are you toying with it.

On another note, I would like to ask the 610er engineers ( we are all 610 engineers, all 610 owners! ) about the holes at the bottom of the 74 and later valance ( like Shatokan's ), I noted same holes in my 74 valance, perhaps these 610s were ready to fit a factory spoiler??? I find no other reason why these aprons/valances have those holes.

Shatokan, another Southern Cal 610...hope to see your ride at any of the events that happen in the area.

Hi.

Nice ride Shakotan. Looks very cool. That is the bug we all have eating at us, the lower stance tryout.

You can take care of the camber and at the same time keep it low. A little lifting of the rear or a little lowering of the front will bring the car to balance.

What plans do you have for your 610, is it a keeper?? or are you toying with it.

On another note, I would like to ask the 610er engineers ( we are all 610 engineers, all 610 owners! ) about the holes at the bottom of the 74 and later valance ( like Shatokan's ), I noted same holes in my 74 valance, perhaps these 610s were ready to fit a factory spoiler??? I find no other reason why these aprons/valances have those holes.

Shatokan, another Southern Cal 610...hope to see your ride at any of the events that happen in the area.

i was wondering the exact same thing what are those things there for im not sure but im using them for spoiler mounts when i make one

i had the same question about these holes... until i ran across an available fiberglass chin spoiler currently being produced new for the 610 and am waiting to buy one before i can answer. i'll keep you all posted though.

:D on my way home from a twelve hour day to work on the camber issue! thanks for the support! keep'em on the road!! and hopefully i'll see some of you folks at local shows too.

cheers

i had the same question about these holes... until i ran across an available fiberglass chin spoiler currently being produced new for the 610 and am waiting to buy one before i can answer. i'll keep you all posted though.

:D on my way home from a twelve hour day to work on the camber issue! thanks for the support! keep'em on the road!! and hopefully i'll see some of you folks at local shows too.

cheers

who makes them and how can i get it tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi.

On another note, I would like to ask the 610er engineers ( we are all 610 engineers, all 610 owners! ) about the holes at the bottom of the 74 and later valance ( like Shatokan's ), I noted same holes in my 74 valance, perhaps these 610s were ready to fit a factory spoiler???

You have a '73 to check, as my sedan is close to where your coupe is being worked on. Does the '73 have those holes? I wonder if they are for draining those bumpers. The metal bumpers from a '73 would not pick-up water from roads like those gnarly '74 and later bumpers sheer surface area alone, and the small fact that the '73 bumpers had the turn signals in them, diverting water whilst driving.

Guest jaimesix
You have a '73 to check, as my sedan is close to where your coupe is being worked on. Does the '73 have those holes? I wonder if they are for draining those bumpers. The metal bumpers from a '73 would not pick-up water from roads like those gnarly '74 and later bumpers sheer surface area alone, and the small fact that the '73 bumpers had the turn signals in them, diverting water whilst driving.

The 73 ( any pre 74, there are some 72 too, and I would not be surprised if there is a 71 610..:eek: )..valance does not have those holes, which come in sequence, with some purpose.

Perhaps there is a factory spoiler that was offered in the US as an accesory, same as the tachometer back in those days.

Hope to see what Sliding Creep finds out. Sliding, if posible, ;) let us know where to get those spoilers.

Guest jaimesix

I was in virtual conversation with a 180B enthusiast in Australia, he has his car page at car Domain.

He was telling me about a front caliper upgrade that works very well. Uses front calipers from a Holden Comodore ( Australian car ). The calipers are finned, cooling better and are stronger and more powerfull.Best thing,a direct bolt on!

Here is an article at OZ-DAT:

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14878

Looks great. I wonder which cars shared those calipers here in the US, if any. These calipers are cheap in OZ and seem to be excelent upgrade.

My 610 is using 280ZX struts and calipers, but my 710 needs an upgrade, since I will not use 280ZX strut assemblies in it ( I will use 13X8 wheels, 280ZX hubs do not allow 13in wheels due to diametre issues ).