610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

the deal with that is we got screwed the 74 and later cars got stuck with bumpers that are designed to survive a crash at 5 mph in order to conform to this nissan had to put a fucking steel brick on the end of shocks thus giving us ugly ass bumpers look at a 73 or any over seas car and you will see what we were jiped out of

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

on your car and mine it looks like the rear bumper is mounted away from the bumper indentation on the body, what is the deal with that ?

the deal with that is we got screwed the 74 and later cars got stuck with bumpers that are designed to survive a crash at 5 mph in order to conform to this nissan had to put a fucking steel brick on the end of shocks thus giving us ugly ass bumpers look at a 73 or any over seas car and you will see what we were jiped out of

Or you can look here:

100_0355.jpg

The '73 bumpers are actually taller (in height). Bonvo is correct, the bumpers have shock absorbers that are set up to withstand 5 mph crash, per Nixon's bright idea. How to remedy...?

How about remove the bumper with shock absorbers, drill hole in shock. Drain oil and replace with bolt. Brings the bumpers close to the body like a '73. Modify the mount(s) to bring the bumper centered in the space alloted, and you've got yourself a winner. Otherwise, you'll be relegated to having to find a '73 610 wagon bumper, as it does not have the cutout for the license plate. (See Above)

Guest jaimesix

I like clean , red shiny lenses, that stuff you have there will look messy.

I would instead paint the chromed frames black.

That bumper got'a go, it is awfull.

The wagon bumper sounds good, those are more available. I kind of like the fact there is no plate opening in it. The plate can be attached to the lower lip, plate hanging under bumper. Not bad.

2328429_25_full.jpg

Nice wagon.

Here a 610 without the plate between the lamps, do you like this look Bonvo???, I think it looks cool, I am sure that emblem is accesible through e/bay.

2328429_204_full.jpg

Jaime.____________________________________________________

i have a 610 also its a 73 i hope to have it completed by next years JCCS. hope to see more 610s at this years JCCS also. c'mon guys, REPRESENT!

Welcome ER DAT 610! Good to see you here! I would love to represent, but no one wants to see a 610 sedan without all of its contents removed, sitting on a rental trailer, to be ogled (or laughed at) at the largest show on the West Coast. Not a good representation.

i have a 610 also its a 73 i hope to have it completed by next years JCCS. hope to see more 610s at this years JCCS also. c'mon guys, REPRESENT!

welcome!! another 610 owner i would love to go to jccs but its just to far of a drive for me right now post pics of your car!!!

fyi to all the coupe taillights like mine and the sedan tail lights are NOT the same from my recent experiment the sedan uses different licence plate lights then the later coupe style if you have the sedan type licence plate lights it would work but the frames dont just switch

2328429_204_full.jpg

i would love a set of thouse jdm tails i like the idea of the turns being seperate from the tails but then i would have to do some rewireing but if i found a set i would be up to the project

Mikko.

That is unbelievable, somehow I did not notice it, that is major fumble on part of...non other than a :eek:Datsun History Museum!!!:eek:

Indeed the photo shows a sedan 610 , but the layout is a Datsun 710's :eek:

I wonder what is going on, :confused::confused:

Jaime._________--

wow. that's as unbelievable as the dude who thought the jccs was yesterday.

wow. that's as unbelievable as the dude who thought the jccs was yesterday.

Now thats not nice...:(

Some people are just a little more anxious than others...:)

i know i know off topic but whats it like in socal right now i may have to go down there this week.....

3 words HOT, HOT and HOT! It was excellent on Saturday, but got warmer on Sunday. We need a repeat of Saturday for JCCS is 6 days!

Are you going to be down for the weekend? You need to go to JCCS, brother!

3 words HOT, HOT and HOT! It was excellent on Saturday, but got warmer on Sunday. We need a repeat of Saturday for JCCS is 6 days!

Are you going to be down for the weekend? You need to go to JCCS, brother!

im not sure about the weekend :( i would be going down there cause my friend needs to get his birth certificate the closes to the weekend would be friday i may be able to convince him to stay the night go to jccs then head home but he wants me to drive hes willing to pay for a rental car even so i dont have to put the miles on the 610 :D

Guest jaimesix
i would love a set of thouse jdm tails i like the idea of the turns being seperate from the tails but then i would have to do some rewireing but if i found a set i would be up to the project

Bonvo, your tail lights are fine, I did not mean a change in tail lights, but adding that center datsun emblem instead of the license plate would give your 610 a cool look.

I think the license plate would look better under the bumper, not between the tail lights. American Datsuns got the license plates mounted between tail lights in several models to accomodate the park bench bumper changes. Same models overseas never got license plates relocated between tail lights.

My particular taste, perhaps you like the plate between the lamps, no rules on looks, it is all personal.

E/Bay AU probably has those center Datsun emblems,if interested , all Aussie 610s/180Bs had them on.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Bonvo, your tail lights are fine, I did not mean a change in tail lights, but adding that center datsun emblem instead of the license plate would give your 610 a cool look.

I think the license plate would look better under the bumper, not between the tail lights. American Datsuns got the license plates mounted between tail lights in several models to accomodate the park bench bumper changes. Same models overseas never got license plates relocated between tail lights.

My particular taste, perhaps you like the plate between the lamps, no rules on looks, it is all personal.

E/Bay AU probably has those center Datsun emblems,if interested , all Aussie 610s/180Bs had them on.

yeah but if i did that i would have the licence plate lights there still an they would look weird just hanging there

Guest jaimesix
Now thats not nice...:(

Some people are just a little more anxious than others...:)

Can't believe it, some gossipers and scandalmongers never rest!:lol:

No worries Zerow, it is laughable!, talebearers never rest!!! LOL

Guest jaimesix
yeah but if i did that i would have the licence plate lights there still an they would look weird just hanging there

I would just take the bulbs off the license plate lamps , you can paint the tail lamps' frames black, including the license lamps, those Aussie tail lamps appear on e/bay all the time. You can score a cheap set later on.

This is my current Datto. Just recently got it back together-sr20 s14 motor-took it straight to the drags and ran 13.2 over the quarter, The same setup in my old sss went 12.3 @117 mph

No specific fitting kit was used just stuff off the net. The crossmember has been reversed, I used standard 180b engine mounts, I used the original gearbox xmember and mount and havent even modded the steering.It now has a 3inch exhaust high flow cat and straight through muffler. The driveshaft is now a one piece h'duty item.

6ovmbuu.jpg

got the rear end sorted theses hols r200 short(180sx lsd 4.1 ratio) nose modified rear cradle r31 brakes and modded the handbrake cables and assembly and custom h'duty half shafts.

7y6v4es.jpg

some bloke saw the datto and gave me a jap dash he had for free :D so will be fitting that hopefully this week.

72usz8w.jpg

6ai2o1g.jpg

4rbgl1i.jpg

2i7n14w.jpg

2q9a1df.jpg