bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest jaimesix
Well I went to install my new weber and I couldn't get it to work. turns out the little hook linkage thing isn't for a 610!!! So I'm getting a replacement. And also I scored an EI dizzy at the yunk yard today. Sweet!

That is nice. I got myself an E dist myself. Will get it installed later on.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Well I went to install my new weber and I couldn't get it to work. turns out the little hook linkage thing isn't for a 610!!! So I'm getting a replacement. And also I scored an EI dizzy at the yunk yard today. Sweet!

That linkage is a mystery. No slotting for the j-hook, and there was an attachment point for the linkage. B210, 1200, maybe, just like the old dizzy you had. We'll cross refer the numbers and check application later. In the meantime, the linkage will be procured from my parts pile and we'll check for operation next week.

Man I'm so "Meh" right now haha. Jimmied the jimmied linkage tried to start it and it fired up no problems!!! sounded good too but I had to try to eliminate the oil leak so I had to remove the oil pump, tighten the bolt behind it nad hten replace... apparently I'm missing something because it won't start now. But The good news is, I love webers. I didn't even tune it and it started!

There is a front timing cover bolt behind the oil pump, and when re-installing the pump I did it improperly. But now I have everything near squared away, haven't gotten my EI Dizzy to work yet so I'm still on points. and the 610 linkage zerow got me has some travel issues too so I'm a bit stumped, but since it's running right I don't mind.

There is a front timing cover bolt behind the oil pump, and when re-installing the pump I did it improperly. But now I have everything near squared away, haven't gotten my EI Dizzy to work yet so I'm still on points. and the 610 linkage zerow got me has some travel issues too so I'm a bit stumped, but since it's running right I don't mind.

Just thinking via forum: IF you were to find a way to push the linkage closer to the bellcrank for the accelerator, it should prevent the binding at offset rod. OR you could go hunting for a 240Z offset rod, cut it short, thread the ends and use a turnbuckle to take up the slack. Or, as I think about it now, I wonder if the '73 offset rod is longer than the '74???:confused:

Guest jaimesix
what bolt are you talking about? i dont see how the doing somthing to the oil pump will make it so it wont run but if you some how messed with the timing when you did it its possible

Dude, check your private message box, important information for you.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Well I had some problems the other day. I forgot to latch my hood lol and it flew up while I was driving. No glass damage but the hood got goofed.

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

My wipers were stuck in the up position so the hood hit them which I think saved my glass, the wipers are fine though, and they work now too haha.

Check this photo out.

IMG_0124.jpg

Anyways I'm thinking of selling the 610 lol. I know I've just bought it this year but I've already dumped a ton of money into it, and I got an estimate in my head for how much it's going to cost to get it where I want it. and it's ~$1300 for the drive train and suspension and then I need to factor in body work and after all that I'm left with a car that I'm going to care dearly about instead of the beater that i originally wanted. So I think I'm going to flip it and then get a 4x4 seeing as local ones go for cheap. that's my take on it anyways.

i know huh bro im hurt to we have a new member to the 510 family and hes going to go away :( but if you do sell let me know could use it for a parts car or even just as it is considering no smog but only if the price is right but i urge you dont sell it the 610s are getting harder and harder to find you dont wanna sell it to someone who wouldnt care for it would you

• 3 weeks later...
Well how about this.

Getting ready to redo the complete rear end.

IMG_0237.jpg

TEP is out of the coil isolators and the differential bushings. I was told "two weeks until they arrive, tops". Its been 5 weeks.:rolleyes:

How much and where did you get the KYBs?

Oh man that's a long wait. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I still have to get bumpstops from them. For the kyb's I paid $21.95 each with free shipping. at http://www.summitracing.com I also got the energysuspensions bushings at the same time so I don't know if they had a special on the shipping.I'm trying to think of anything else I need to replace down there. I know I need to pick up some bearings too.

Guest jaimesix

Interesting to see that more wagons ( 69,034 ) were sold than any 4 door sedans ( 37,446 ) and 2 door hardtops/pillarless ( 43,106 )

I like 610 wagons. If I find one in nice shape, I will fix it up.

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
I've a 610 microfiche is anyone wants to host the file. Has exploded diagrams of pretty much everything (sedan coupe and wagon).

That is cool. I would like to see that. I have some crash sheets but there is a lot not showing.

Jaime.___________________________________________________

Well I must say that I do not enjoy replacing ujoints. I figure that I should replace the rear tranny seal. This things

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=SKF&MfrPartNumber=13907&PartType=764&PTSet=A

But what is this ?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=SKF&MfrPartNumber=99139&PartType=764&PTSet=A