Ricer Sightings

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i promise, i am not trying to be rude, but i got to pg 43 before i just started getting mad.

most of these are quite amusing, but some of you still need to learn the difference between rice and non rice. now i understand i am only 16, and a newer member, but i have been round. i am in so many different car "scenes" it's not even funny. here are some examples to help clear things up

RICE:

rice03.jpg

Clean:

1015160_600.jpg

RICE:

tuning-honda-civic-03.jpg

Clean:

photoshoot092.jpg

Now when i say this i am not aiming it towards all of you, but for some of you, i have seen many examples of "Rice" and it is as clean as the second civic there. just because it's a honda, it's not necessarily a ricer. there are certain things that may constitute a "Ricer" (like previous examples i have seen here, light up exhaust tips, Altezza tail lights on a car that didn't come factory with them, and so on) just because it is low, may have a fewrandom things, such as a sticker-bombed gas door, or it has some camber, on a front driver doesn't mean anything. it means either

A: the person is trying to fit in with a certain "Scene"

B: they just like doin that (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder)

or finally

C: they have no idea what they are doin and are actually just fucking everything up.

we must also remember that there are certain cars in this world that look good with the big bodykits and spoilers, ex: Z33, 2nd Gen Eclipse, 4th Gen Supra.

some of us will agree, some won't, obviously. but please people. be open to other scenes at least partially. just because it's a front driver(or the rare occasion a rear driver), where you don't like how they did it, and it has parts that SEEM to do no good, doesn't alway's mean it's a ricer.

sorry for ranting on, if you feel i have been unjust, i would really like to apologize.

and last but not least,

Be Kind, Rewind!

• Like 2

or it's all rice and some is bad some is done well. depends on how you define rice. I think all 4 pictures you posted are ricers. but I would only make fun of the 1st and 3rd. hell I consider my dime rice. to me ricers are just anything that style. regardless of whether or not it was done right.

people also need to remember that it's just the Internet and feelings shouldn't be hurt. my car is in violation of many things worthy of getting it posted in this thread. but that doesn't mean I'm gonna cry about it when someone posts a car that has racing seats in the back (I'm aware it's a useless feature) or a shitload of stickers on a window. anytime on the Internet and ESPECIALLY here on ratsun you really must take everything with a grain of salt

and for legitimacy...

0f70f3e1.jpg

and to stir up more trouble :P

D851848A-D2B5-4933-BF87-BAFB5D38DD37-2650-0000031F79091228.jpg

I agree, there is good "rice" and bad "rice".

That S2000 is hawt. I wouldn't consider it "rice" though. The sticker on the back of the Miata beside it is "rice"

IMO rice is anything non-functional that is added to the exterior of a car solely for it's perceived asthetic appeal.

yeah. I wouldn't really call it rice either....I just really liked it and wanted to share lol

I'd have to agree on the definition of rice as well

also I didn't notice the illest sticker until I posted it. I was too busy drooling over the s2k to notice it when I was actually there