Mt. Rainier cruise

Guest Rick-rat

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

Just checked Mt. Rainier web site, won't be able to make the loop around the mountain due to road closures, can't go from paradise to cayuse pass. will only be able to go to Paradise and then back down, still a good cruise. If I can get a head count as to how many are going I will get hot dogs and buns and we will find a place to cook them up for lunch. If any one going has a small gas BBQ it would work better than a charcoal BBQ. hope to see alot going to this, I need a head count

I know the road well, have flown hanggliders in the area for almost 20 years till they started putting gates on all the roads to keep people out/from dumping there garbage.

I hate those assholes....The assholes that do the dumping and the assholes that install the gates. grrrr :mad:

Anyone have any ideas what the total mileage/hours from the meeting point to the end would be? I would really like to come over for this, it will take me 7 hours to get there, but if it is a saturday I can camp out the night before no worries. Just wondering what I should budget for fuel for the run. Thanks Guys!

yea I have the round trip miles down, just wondering what the run miles were looking like! Thanks a bunch Rick-rat!

From Elbe to the Paradise inn is approximately 32 miles one way, compared to the trip you will have to get to Elbe, if you blink to many times you will miss most the run. most of them will be starting in south tacoma, or somewhere close to there, and there trip will be approximately 70 miles one way give or take a few miles.

There will be three of us maybe four waiting in parking lot at military road and pacific Ave S it`s a goodwill store ,, but should be able to judge when you guys go by since ( Most ) of you will be driving Datsuns.So you guys probably can just keep rollin and we will catch up shortly..cool.gif

So we should talk about getting CBs or two ways!

I'm looking for a CB but if I don't find a good one beforehand I'm gonna pick up some two way's for me and pumpkn atleast.

My car has enough power to keep up with everybody else so i guess i will talk to them when we stop and wait for you guys to catch up..w00t.gif....poke.gif........