WOW....clown shoes.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should shut the fuck up!!! He's doing what he loves to do. Trial and error my friends. You guys should look at the rides here on ratsun. Cobbled together piece of shits. Let alone some peoples skills. Can't wire up a matchbox. Or ir alternator. Tune a weber dgv. Even tighten lug nuts. Lol. The list goes on and on.We don't give them shit. We say yeah I'll show you how. This whole thread is clown shoes. Even my opinion

• Like 2

Hello im kinda new to turbocharging and was wondering if what size blow off valve i would have to run with this new turbo i just purchased ? Im running a stock 1600 so it should be able to handle the extra 16,000 whores power,, what do you guys think..laugh.giflaugh.gif

imagesqtbnANd9GcT5USq3jx2_OBw1tPVW1C1yTtwCgn5t2tau3HvOK3Kn6_jx5zW0.jpg

That's not necessarily a good thing. You could do the same thing with a moderate case of food poisoning and a potato in your butthole.

:rofl:

I'm pretty sure it's an old Garrett set-up from the 7.3 Powerstroke.

Nailed it wink.gif It's running on wayyyyyyy too much boost. It'll probably end up destroyed pretty soon.

Really? Under rev in neutral and no load it won't produce max boost?

I don't know F/I laugh.gif And that is very evident.

Boost is created under engine load, you shouldn't see anything positive while in neutral.

Pretty sure on any dyno chart the HP and torque should be the same at 5252rpm??? :huh:

I don't think that holds the same for all dynos, particularly when their are so many variations. It was a Porsche place, so it should be a hot damn dyno, we did a big group to get the prices down. Either way, I'm too lazy to find out, and don't care all that much. It was a reputable place, I got some numbers and proved my previous hardbody was grossly underpowered. That was way before I even understood things like compression and flow. I think the magical rpm where they cross would be more related to the size of the rollers and the mass they're trying to overcome to find out the horsepower. Clearly more engineering than I have in my head.

Please clarify the lack of positivity:

This thread?

The car?

The grainy video?

:P

The thread isn't THAT bad! Better then a lot of active ones right now :rofl:

At least the car is functional :P

th_VIDEO0026.jpg

Oh boy, now I completely lost all respect for the direction this thread is going after that video.:rofl:

I should show you the one of the after autocross parties where three of our "conspirators" nosed in their cars to the lightpole and proceeded to do a triple burnout. :D

A horse power is a universal constant and is determined by the formula: Torque (in ft lbs) X Engine Speed (in RPMs) / 5252 (a mathematical constant) = HP The dyno measures the twisting power of the rear wheels (torque) and because RPMs are known, the HP can be calculated on a graph.

So lets assume you are making 109 ft lbs of torque on your L20B and it does this at 5252 RPMs. Applying the formula 109 X 5252 = 656500 divide by 5252 = 109 hp. Torque ALWAYS = HP at 5252 RPMs. I totally believe your numbers but the graph is very badly plotted out.

Torque is always more than the HP below 5252 RPM and always less than the HP above 5252 RPMs.

A flat line for the torque will produce a HP reading that doubles with each doubling of the RPM.

A horse power is a universal constant and is determined by the formula: Torque (in ft lbs) X Engine Speed (in RPMs) / 5252 (a mathematical constant) = HP The dyno measures the twisting power of the rear wheels (torque) and because RPMs are known, the HP can be calculated on a graph.

So lets assume you are making 109 ft lbs of torque on your L20B and it does this at 5252 RPMs. Applying the formula 109 X 5252 = 656500 divide by 5252 = 109 hp. Torque ALWAYS = HP at 5252 RPMs. I totally believe your numbers but the graph is very badly plotted out.

Torque is always more than the HP below 5252 RPM and always less than the HP above 5252 RPMs.

A flat line for the torque will produce a HP reading that doubles with each doubling of the RPM.

See, I knew someone smarter than myself in the engineering department of Ratsun would help me out there! :D Oh crap, I made some THICK stew and drank a beer and I'm totally feeling it. I'm surprised I can type. Think maybe I'll go put a turbo on the 510.

:rofl: I kid, I kid!

Its funny that you know that off the top of your head...

I know the quadratic equation :rofl: -B+/- √B2-4AC

------------------------------------------------------------2A

^^Thats not easy to do on a forum unsure.gif

Edited by metalmonkey47