pic of your dime

Icehouse

Greetings Forum,

Hoping my photos come through. Not real sure how to do it without the browse option (I'm old school). I have been a member a long time; I just got around to posting some pics & all. I finished my 3 year ground up race car project in 2001 and successfully ran it in ITC for almost 7 years till funds ran dry (Since I could find no solid 2 doors in Kansas in the late 90's, I started with a 4 door and made into a 2 door). Currently it is nearly vintage prep (excepting still a full steel body - as I cannot bring myself to cut into "my first born"). Prepping to start another 510 project. It will be antique tagged for the street, a 510 "street rod" project with a full race suspension, cage, flares & lots of fiberglass to get it as light as possible, with an SR20DET S14 power plant. May run it in ITE some, terrorize NE Kansasroads, etc. Ever since I saw my inspiration - the original Herbie Love Bug - as a kid in the late 60's; I name all of my cars. The next project will possibly be called the Punisher as it will readily eat the big boys with big acceleration and insane cornering ability.

If anyone is near Topeka, KS get with me. No dimers around.......

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VictoryLap.jpg

Kevin - Welcome.

It's nice having another National Champion on here! :D

scan0003.jpg

I'm friends with Jeff Winter. He like you, won it at Mid Ohio. Do you know Jeff?

Kevin - Welcome.

It's nice having another National Champion on here! :D

scan0003.jpg

I'm friends with Jeff Winter. He like you, won it at Mid Ohio. Do you know Jeff?

Hey, Bob

Actually, Mark was driving the year we won. Best I managed was a 2nd and a 3rd.

I do know Jeff. We spent many years next to each other, both on the track and under

the Nissan tent. Hes a good guy and a straight shooter. Anybody looking for L series

engine work would be wise to look him up. The year he won we were running together just in the

top ten. We were both on intermediates, everyone in front of us was on rains and the track

was drying. We were just cruisin, waiting for the track to dry. I got punted going into the

key hole by a car on wets that was impatient and tried to push his way by. Jeff kept it clean

waited for the right time and ran down the guys in front of him that were now struggling on wets

in a dry track situation. A smart "drivers" win by Jeff. I think he won the Presidents cup for that drive.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow...just read through all 40 pages.

I want multiple dimes now :D

I know right! Looking at this thread makes me want one even more! I want a couple 2 doors and a couple wagons haha. Too bad there aren't any around me that I can afford haha. Theres one SCCA ready sedan, for like 7.5k