pic of your dime

Icehouse

WOW!!! You guys have some sweet rides!!!:thumbup: I live in Misery...I mean Missouri, and I haven't seen a dime in over 20 years. I just bought one and I gotta drive to TEXAS to pick it up!!! It's no beauty queen and has no title, but It'll be the coolest race car at the dirt track. It was gonna be chopped up for parts, so I'm giving it a second life at the race track. I'll post pics. when I get to work on it.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the Ratsun, Rich!

Nice project, keep us posted and BTW, what is that blue color you used in the engine bay, it looks really sharp!

It was a special blend that I picked out of a color book that Space age Paints mixed for me. Only got enough to do the engine bay, but I still have the can so they can mix more to paint the rest of the car. Now if I can only remember where I left that paint can???

Finally got my steering wheel set up dialed in where I want it.

chriscampics168.jpg

chriscampics165.jpg

chriscampics167.jpg

chriscampics169.jpg

(cant wait to get rid of that auto crap on the colum!)

removed my rear bumpstops and found out why the ride was so stiff... cuz i was riding on them!!!! i guess i cut too much off the stockers. now it sits way to low, rubs and the u joints are binding up ect ect ect. so now i need to find some springs so i can drive my car :(

chriscampics170.jpg

chriscampics171.jpg

chriscampics172.jpg

yeah thats a Modified MOMO 510 adaptor with a custom 1" delrin spacer and a modified NRG slim quick release just for referance..... and i know i cant spell for shit but you get the idea :fu:

and yeah i love the slim hub i like the locking design better then their other, it just seems safer idk. no slop (seems like in time with hard drifting/canyon it may wear idk?) plus you gain a lil room and when your running a deep corn it matters

yeah thats a Modified MOMO 510 adaptor with a custom 1" delrin spacer and a modified NRG slim quick release just for referance..... and i know i cant spell for shit but you get the idea :fu:

and yeah i love the slim hub i like the locking design better then their other, it just seems safer idk. no slop (seems like in time with hard drifting/canyon it may wear idk?) plus you gain a lil room and when your running a deep corn it matters

who did it for you? I am in eastlake let me know

Edited by memo

Time to share some pics of my dimes.

The first is my yellow '72 4-door. L20, A87closed chamber, Roadster 5 spd, 4.625 LSD, coil overs all around.

How it looked when the PO got it:

mydime007.jpg

And when I bought it (complete with stock suspension)

mydime009.jpg

Pics from the 2007 World of Wheels (Outstanding in Class winner):

2007wowpic2.jpg

2007wowpic3.jpg

Sitting out in front of the house:

mydime005.jpg

Here is my 72 dr roller project the day my dad and I picked it up:

mynewdime2.jpg

mynewdime1.jpg

And 20? years earlier when the PO got it back from paint:

DansDatsun022A.jpg

Fred, the parts donor for the red 2 door: