pic of your dime

Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW, that is one sweet ride. how much did you pay and I'm sure it wasn't cheap either. something like that doesn't go for cheap. I'm curious what something like this will go for now days.

Thanks. I prefer not to disclose the purchase price. Not cheap. I would like to hear guesses as to its value.

You guys are close on the guesses.:fu: The car is worth it too.:D It has been raining here for 3 days:mad: so I have not had a chance to play with the new dime but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny:) so I will slap some tags on it and take it for a spin.:D So far, I have only driven it up the street and back w/o any tags.:eek:

:D:)Come on Sunshine:):D

you need to edit your sig!!!!!!

add your new datto

give us a hit is it more or less then?? im guessing more at 6500 that is still a good deal for a car that clean!!!!

man i wish it would rain here in cali for 3 days in a row

also nlets get back on posting pics !!!!!!

got tired of looking at mckinneys CRAP so my uncle designed these

chriscampics038.jpg

chriscampics039.jpg

chriscampics040.jpg

Edited by JDM510
you need to edit your sig!!!!!!

add your new datto

give us a hit is it more or less then?? im guessing more at 6500 that is still a good deal for a car that clean!!!!

man i wish it would rain here in cali for 3 days in a row

I'm not saying one way or another about the purchase price:fu: The price I paid is irrelevant. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay at the time it is for sale. I paid the seller's asking price for it plus $550 to have it shipped.

Nice looking mounts. What did the McKinneys look like?

I need to find the memory card with the pics of mckinneys mounts. But I thought it was just my pair that was faulty, but at the last show I was at I seen a few nice SR big turbo cars with his mounts on them, each cars on the metal bracket hes welding up for the mount he dose a shit job, and the ones I seen so far are craking at the welds, material he use's cant cost more then 5 bucks soooo :fu::fu: Mckinney in my book.

Then when I went back to ask him WTF, he threw in my face how he builds show cars and has guys on the east coast that are running his products that I quote "Make more power then I can dream of making" reguardless if he "thinks it will hold" I paid him for quality products like his web site said but instead it seemed like once he got the credit card info i was at his mercy. When I showed up becuz I asked for a refund on 2 mount kits and the tranny cross memeber, I was told never to step foot in his shop again and then when I went to ask him about the customer service??? quality products??? he told me "SHUT UP..JUST SHUT UP OR IM CALLING THE COPS!!!" serious look from mac all while hes eating this drity ass looking hot dog plain with just onions.(I swear this happend) I was like thinking in my head... dude I spent about 3k here I bought EVERYTHING from mac: drive shaft(450), radiator(450), eng mounts(2sets)(110), eng cross memeber, tranny x meber, wire service(450$WOW!), drag link flip, and theirs more I can't think of. I was just like WOW I can't belive this just happend :eek::eek::eek:

chriscampics013.jpg

chriscampics014.jpg

chriscampics028.jpg

chriscampics029.jpg

chriscampics031.jpg

chriscampics032-1.jpg

Edited by JDM510
I need to find the memory card with the pics of mckinneys mounts. But I thought it was just my pair that was faulty, but at the last show I was at I seen a few nice SR big turbo cars with his mounts on them, each cars on the metal bracket hes welding up for the mount he dose a shit job, and the ones I seen so far are craking at the welds, material he use's cant cost more then 5 bucks soooo :fu::fu: Mckinney in my book.

Then when I went back to ask him WTF, he threw in my face how he builds show cars and has guys on the east coast that are running his products that I quote "Make more power then I can dream of making" reguardless if he "thinks it will hold" I paid him for quality products like his web site said but instead it seemed like once he got the credit card info i was at his mercy. When I showed up becuz I asked for a refund on 2 mount kits and the tranny cross memeber, I was told never to step foot in his shop again and then when I went to ask him about the customer service??? quality products??? he told me "SHUT UP..JUST SHUT UP OR IM CALLING THE COPS!!!" serious look from mac all while hes eating this drity ass looking hot dog plain with just onions.(I swear this happend) I was like thinking in my head... dude I spent about 3k here I bought EVERYTHING from mac: drive shaft(450), radiator(450), eng mounts(2sets)(110), eng cross memeber, tranny x meber, wire service(450$WOW!), drag link flip, and theirs more I can't think of. I was just like WOW I can't belive this just happend :eek::eek::eek:

I've heard that happened to a couple other people. I would never buy form them, the guy's a jack ass.

I've heard that happened to a couple other people. I would never buy form them, the guy's a jack ass.

well im glad we can spread the word i would like to hurt his business as much as i can

P.s thats not my car its my uncles SR20DE 2dr project im building for him

Wow. I never knew about Mac acting like that. I sold him several stock 510 engine cross members and only talked to him on the phone. He was nice enough to me. Seems like a bad way to do business.

Your uncle's swap looks sweet. Very nice and clean.

How is the McKinney engine cross member? Is that part done ok? The reason I ask is I have one I bought from a guy for a good deal less them McKinney sells them for and might end up using it for a KA swap or an SR swap at some time in the future.

like i said befor that was the ONLY part i got from him that I did not have any problems with

if you end up wanting to part with it let me know im getting ready to do another ka swap and they guy that was on this forum who built me one no longer wants to build me another i guess. sooo im probably end up just fliping my stock one

the only good thing i see about mckinneys in the way it looks

Wow, i picked up my 69 4 door with only some dents, scratches and monor damage for $1200 ^_^ Drove it home!

Cody, Sounds like you got a great deal. Rust free cars on the east coast are worth $1000 - $1500 more then the same car on the west coast. That is about how much it cost to ship one across country.

like i said befor that was the ONLY part i got from him that I did not have any problems with

if you end up wanting to part with it let me know im getting ready to do another ka swap and they guy that was on this forum who built me one no longer wants to build me another i guess. sooo im probably end up just fliping my stock one

the only good thing i see about mckinneys in the way it looks

No. I want to keep it. I may end up using it. :D

I have had my eye on this for the new 4 door. Maybe build a daily driver and keep it automatic. Still having a hard time with the idea of keeping the 4 door stock. :eek:

Anyone know if the tranny tunnel will fit the SR auto trans?:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390117868836&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_6362wt_1293

Theirs a guy, I met him at a show and hes building a SR auto 4dr for his wife. I remeber him telling me hes from san diego aswell. I wonder if he is a member here?? I also ponder'd with the idea of leaving mine auto.... buut I just can do it, I need that 5 speed. It make's the car feel soooo much diff I just cant stand it. Buuuuut in your case Mr. Lucky with every choice of 510 you have to have a auto for the colection.

I say suspention, nice wheels, great power plant, and just the clean stock resto-mod type??? here let some pics speak for them selfs of what im thinking.

Eps.jpg

1-wide.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah. Nice stock looking 4 door on the outside and sweet powerplant, suspension and wheels. It will have to wait.

I need to finish my VG33 install into my 2 door. I want to drive that car to the Mitty next spring.

It is getting close.

My_VG30_Engine_Swap_11-01-08_009.jpg

Painted_Engine_Compartment_002.jpg

VG33.jpg