Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually do not troll anyone. I find it deplorable.  ^_^

It's been parked up since at least 1994 (last time it was registered). So yes, 20 years is a safe bet. :thumbup:

20 years is correct. Bob Owens, owner of Owens Salvage in Wellington TX had a childhood friend whose Father raced 510s. This Dime showed up in his salvage yard 20 years ago. Bob didn't want to send it to the crusher and had hoped all these years that someone would rescue it. I stumbled across it when Bob was doing maintenance to his storage units in Childress TX about 6 months ago where I had my 1200 Sedan pulled out of it's home and was running the engine for the first time in 7 years. Call it Luck, Karma, or Divine Intervention, Bob drove up at just the right time. He asked what kind of old Datsun I had. I told him it was a 1200. He told me he had a 510. I asked him what he was doing with it and he told me it was in his salvage yard. I wanted the L engine for my sedan and bought the 510 from Bob. I was going to make a race car out of the 1200 sedan until the Ratsun community convinced me I should restore my 1200 sedan and find another 1200 to race. I was encouraged to contact Datsun Freak for his knowledge of Datsuns and he only lives 30 miles from me. I met with DF and told him my plans. I looked at Dimlight65's 1200s and said I wanted the white coupe to race with the L engine from the 510. DF said he wanted the 510 but didn't need the engine. We came to an agreement and the rest is history. Except that 3 old Datsuns will be hitting the streets again and that is the future. Sorry to ramble, but it is a great story and I love to tell it.

It sat in this place for 20 years. I raised the hood to take a look at the engine, but it was undisturbed for 20 years.

DSCN1326_zps53ab5685.jpg

DSCN1327_zps2cabc98f.jpg

Bob delivered the 510 to Childress TX to take 60 miles off our delivery trip. Thanks Bob!

DSCN1696_zpsa135a812.jpg

Old Dudes Rock. Grillet Automotive in Childress TX is where Bob dropped the Dime. The Owner probably in his mid 70's is a collector and has 200 cars on 20 acres. About 40 to 50 are '56 Fords. I have never seen a more skilled fork lift driver. He asked how we were going to load the car on the trailer. We have a come along. He says "I'll get the forklift and have it loaded in 2 minutes". How do you load a car on a trailer with fenders with a forklift?? Didn't even leave a mark on it.

IMAG0303_zps01d597be.jpg

Ready to transport to Datsun Freaks Yard.

IMAG0305_zps7b1904d6.jpg

Driving down US 287 Just West of Wichita Fall TX on the way to Datsun Freak's yard in Ft. Worth.

DSCN1719_zps92d632a0.jpg

At it's new home.

DSCN1722_zpsae59781a.jpg

• Like 2

I really should get abit more involved on here hahah, Been a member for awhile, visited your country afew times and even went to some datsun events! 

Heres my project, photos i think linger around here from time to time. 

20120922_124150.jpg

• Like 8

I really should get abit more involved on here hahah, Been a member for awhile, visited your country afew times and even went to some datsun events! 

20120922_124150.jpg

yes, please become more active I'm sure tons of us would like to see more of your ride

Took her out tonight, definatly a gas issue becuase i had a short period where she hesitated again, but quickly passed. Had to take a pic of her out and about since shes not been out in a while due to the stalling issue. Sorry blurry i was walking.

4F6938EC-9CB5-4FD8-BAF0-217DFB921277_zps

39F6E185-E3E6-44D3-AE6E-F19674B808FF_zps

B8B5C6A0-BF5F-4517-B209-DD6EE0E20071_zps

And one of a few dimes and my dads 610

image_zpsc92e564d.jpg

20120922_124150.jpg

Could you please post the size of those wheels? (hight, width and offset). Also the tire size would be great.

I really like the way they fit.

15x8 0 offset front and 15x8.5 -7 rear. Tyres are 195/45/15

Front struts are modified hr31 import legs with coilover sleeves, 400lb springs and TRD ae92 yellow tokico inserts. Rear springs are custom 1100lb with koni yellow shocks.

Hr31 strut legs give me bolt on r32 4 spot front brakes which are slightly grinded to fit under 15's and rear disc setup is aussie r31 (similar to 200sx upgrade over there

• Like 1