DatsunDaves New Start/Stop Button Ignition System

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is THE Last Run. Period. The guy I do parts and services with is unhealthy. We're cleaning out whatever is left on the shelf and will have to buy parts to complete the order. I've agreed to complete this last run and not ask for his services any more. He is a retired Fluke engineer. He designed the boards for me, ordered the final design boards, parts, repairs the ones that have issues and fixes it so the next runs don't suffer the same fate.

After 4 to 5 weeks of cutting, crimping, soldering, stripping, sleeving, boxing and every other "ing" on the list, I don't wanna do them any more, My calusses grow huge, split, crack and bleed after weeks of this. I bitch, moan and complain the whole time. My wife is apt to kill me if I do any more. SO this is it. When they are gone, they are gone.

And on a side note, There are 9 more DZ-Starts left on the list. So if you wanna do a group buy, get on it. if you wanna do it with a friends, do it soon.

$200 each, $190 ea. for 2 to 4, $180 ea. for 5 or more. but there's only 9 left.

$25 for remote security option

$40 for the GT-R button.

The DZ-Start will plug into these Datsuns but also almost any other car without a factory security coded key system.

1968-1973 510

1970-1978 240Z, 260Z, 280Z

1979-1983 280ZX

1972-1973 1200 (B110)

1979-1982 210 (B310)

1978-1981 510 (A10)

1977-1981 810 (Bluebird)

1982-1983 Maxima (910 Bluebird)

1979-1982 310 (N10)

1977-1983 200SX (S10)

1979 Datsun 620

1980-1982 Datsun 720

Subaru

1982-1987 Brat

1986-1987 GL

1980-1984 DL

1980 GLF

1980 GL

1980-1987 Standard

Hope that clears up a few questions.

You guys are the best and I'd rather them go to Ratsun Members anyways.

Dave

Would you be willing to share the board design circuit and possibly the programming so this project can be one-off'd by people instead of fading into the digital ether? In essence, turn it open source hard/soft ware once you're done with the project? Issue the hardware under creative commons license and the software (if any) under the GPL license.

I'd have to talk to my engineer about that stuff. He is the sole owner and writer of the software. He has the ordering list of the parts and knows the values of each and every part of the circuit board. I assemble all the boards, harnesses, wrote the directions and all related printed items. I'll consider it and discuss it with him.

Thanks you Cosmo and Greiggy!!

I think, without looking at the books, there are about 8 left.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, 8 DZ-Starts left. If you're on the fence and trying to decide, this is the last run. Definately not trying to rush anyone but there it is.

If you know someone who's interested, buy the 2 at a time for $190 each, (2 to 4 DZ-Starts for $190ea. Or 5 for $180 each.

I just wanna make sure everyone has one last chance at these. Cause I won't be doing them anymore. I've been able to keep the price down due to large orders and the fact that it's JUST ME doing them. This keeps the overhead down, and you guys get the savings. I've YET to find another one like mine that is made for the Datsun (and ANY other similar ignition or wiring for non-security Key type ignitions. So older Nissans are or can be on the list.

8 more and that's it.

Come get 'em,

Dave