DatsunDaves New Start/Stop Button Ignition System

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm a little confused. how did you get the Bezel to lock into the dash, if you didn't use the spacers.??

Glue? Double stick tape?

Some guy in a 370Z stopped by the house today, to talk with a neighbor of mine. Leah (the Wife) loves the 370Z and went out to talk with him.

I of coarse followed and we ended up checking out my 240Z. His 370Z has the Push button ignition so he was in love with my DZ-Start system.

He also said "It was about time someone came out with a decent ignition button for the older Datsuns" Made my day.

Dave

Some guy in a 370Z stopped by the house today, to talk with a neighbor of mine. Leah (the Wife) loves the 370Z and went out to talk with him.

I of coarse followed and we ended up checking out my 240Z. His 370Z has the Push button ignition so he was in love with my DZ-Start system.

He also said "It was about time someone came out with a decent ignition button for the older Datsuns" Made my day.

Dave

that is awesome.. clearly that guy appriecates the old school

you should make a how to write up and put it in the how to section... i bookmarked this.. once i am able to get the 1200 up and running i am clearly going to get one of these. Good luck in the sales dave..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys......

I've got 3) DZ-Start kits ready to go out the door right now. $170 delivered. Paypal to wolfin32z@yahoo.com leave a note to seller telling me what the payment is for, the correct address to ship it to and if you want the Remote Security Option ($25 more for a total of $195 shipped)

I also have 1) DZ-Start kit with the Maxima button and 370Z Bezel, just like mrbigtanker's (post # 126 picture) but with the frosty white Maxima button.

Let me know,

Dave

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up, I have 2) complete kits, ready to ship.

Having a quick sale till Wednesday. $160 shipped.

1) kit has the maxima button and bezel. The other kit has the Maxima button and wider 270Z bezel.

If you want the Remote option, it's $25 more.

Let me know ASAP. Hope everyone had a great week-end.

Dave

... I hope to offer a stand alone RFID system that can be hooked up to the Orange Dissengage wire, at a later date.

Dave,

I've been watching this thread with interest and for me, personally the security switch (or remote deactivation) is an issue. More than likely I would forget to disengage the system. For me to install a DZ Start system, the RFID would be a must have to counteract my forgetfulness.

Has there been any progress on your RFID option?

The remote option would be the way to go for you I would think. I added in power door locks, when I lock the doors with the remote it also kills the start circuit. Unlock the doors and it's ready to go.

I love mine and everyone else thinks it's badass :cool:

I keep reading about all these RFID's being hacked and cars being stolen. So I decided to vear away from the RFID.

The remotes are simple and easy to use as the other members have clearly pointed out. If a theif wants your car bad enough, they WILL find a way.

So at that point, I would suggest a simple alarm and connect the DZ-Start to the Alarm via the Orange wire on the DZ-Start. It's clearly pointed out in the instruction booklet that comes with the DZS. The remote option is only $25 more and a real good RFID would be MUCH more expensive. The whole idea behind the DZ-Start was a simple, inexpensive way to instal an updated Keyless ignition system with a couple options for security. If you want extravigent, it's gonna cost more and that's not where I'm at.

I still have 2) in stock,

Dave

using the remote I deff feel that my car is safe from your usual thief.

I have all the electronics waaaay up in my dash.

if you want to steal my car youl have to take out my whole dash.

with the ignition locked theres no way to use it without unlocking it with the remote.