side exhaust on a 510?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want side exit exhaust? You already figured out the biggest problem..........there's no room for any type of muffler/glasspack, especially on a lowered car. It's not like routing it through the crossmember is hard, since that's how they were designed to begin with. Plus, side exit exhaust can be really irritating on the long haul. Sounds cool for a short bit, but it'll irritate the crap out of you if you're in the car for an length of time. I've done it, I know. Stick with a rear exhaust.

There's not enough clearance for them even on a stock height car, lowered is a waste of time. Within a week there'll be a U Tube of a Datsun ripping off his side pipe while driving into an In-N-Out. It's a 510 not a '66 Corvette. Now if you ran dual pipes from the L16 manifold back under the car and ran quiet mufflers and dual tips out the back... then, I would be impressed.

Twin pipes look amazing! But knowing its from a 4 cyl is kinda lame. If you do it right it might not be so bad. My moms suv thing has a transverse V6 with twin pipes... it definitely Y's, silly Dodge trying to make it look cool.

the muffler and pipes are already done, i found a really flat muffler from a supercharged thunderbird, a little louder than i wanted but its not too bad. my camera doesnt work, sorry guys, but im content with it, it hasnt scraped yet and i DID go to in and out this week