Driving a car that has velocity stacks/ horns

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you had a ka in your car, did you go ITB's. Or are you just asking a general question?

the KA car is sitting right now. future plans include a tear down. this is a different car. :o

when I moved back to the bay area, my drive took 13 hours, because of an unplugged maf sensor :o

• Like 1

You will get better performance with air horns ..... ... probably not a good idea to drive it too much without horns/velocity stacks.. .. then get filters for those

yeah, I gotta get a set of filters. Planning on a long ass road trip during spring break :o

• Like 1

On my triples, I just put some screen mesh in between the airhorns and the carb. Probably not the best setup but I didn't have room for filters on the rear carb because of the brake booster.

On my triples, I just put some screen mesh in between the airhorns and the carb. Probably not the best setup but I didn't have room for filters on the rear carb because of the brake booster.

I read a post on a different forum(corolla stuff) where the guy took his stacks off, traced the mounting points on to mesh screen. Cut out 2 pieces of screen for each stack, then put foam between both screens. reinstalled. Clean. Simple. Effective. Kept the air clean(er). Kept the stacks looking awesome.

• Like 1

I read a post on a different forum(corolla stuff) where the guy took his stacks off, traced the mounting points on to mesh screen. Cut out 2 pieces of screen for each stack, then put foam between both screens. reinstalled. Clean. Simple. Effective. Kept the air clean(er). Kept the stacks looking awesome.

I see another "how-to" thread on the horizon!!

I just had a idea !!! i think i will start a thread about it, then i will put out the effort to answer my own question.

I guess that still doesn't tell me who sells them and what size I need to get...

brb... gotta load up google :o

• Like 1

Those look like the ones I have. They are great but the screen really only keeps big stuff out, filters over the top are still recommended.

Car269.jpg

wcr's site says that the pass through rate is .09

http://www.wolfcreekracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=30

"lip lock technology with radiused entry for great signal and air flow. Three layer stainless steel

filtering down to .009 with virtually no air flow restrictions. "

I got the same filters that Wolf Creek sells but I got mine from pierce manifolds and am happy with them. the fit well and are affordable or at least in my opinion.5312108314_27079e1495_m.jpg

how much did it run from pierce? since theyre local and all...

go onto the site and see what size you need. I think mine were about 38.00 per carb plus shipping and tax so about 100 or so. I was originally going to get ITG's but this is way more affordable and was easy to install. just measure the outside of the air horns and that will help for ordering. Pierce manifolds is great and have been dealing with them for years.

side note I had been running for a bit with no filters which is not good but luckily did not drive the car a lot. when I put the filters on there was no ill effects.

I see another "how-to" thread on the horizon!!

Oh, if I had something with stacks, I would. It really is such an easy, functional mod...that keeps it kool.

If any one has a set of 38's or Weber 40's they'd like to get rid of... :P

(Seriously though, I am shopping for carbs.)

wcr's site says that the pass through rate is .09

http://www.wolfcreek...id=21&Itemid=30

"lip lock technology with radiused entry for great signal and air flow. Three layer stainless steel

filtering down to .009 with virtually no air flow restrictions. "

how much did it run from pierce? since theyre local and all...

Why buy? Go to Home Depot(I'm sure they're local too.) Buy yourself a 1'x2' sheet of the screen that goes on your storm door. Trace your stack on to the screen, multiple times. Then ask for permission before you use scissors to cut out the shapes you just traced. Layer 3 or 4 of those screens between the carbs and your stacks. Install bolts. Close hood. Turn key. Enjoi! Personally, I would do the foam in between two screens, but either way is functional.

This is Ratsun!!! Why go buy the bling, when you can do your own thing. Seems like spending big bucks on something like that is unnecessary, and pointless. Other than spending the time to drive to the store, I can't see this project taking you more than 30 minutes. Maybe you can post OIC's of your progress, and gain back all that negative rep you got in, what I believe to be, your simple dilemma.