Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bling $$$

Haha. I know. I hope he don't start crank calling me.

Better watch out, Mrbig may get jealous.

you would have to ask jrock, i kinda trusted him on this one but it came out great

ok cool. I will.

U can copy me i will prolly change colors again at some point.......that silver is a argent silver used to replicate the factory gm wheel color...... kinda plain if u ask me ... look at phixiuss calve cover or holligans dash and valve cover ... there a gunmetal color

^^don't know about that color against the blue of Valentine.....

My vote is for the cream colored wheels......Jrock style.....would look so good against the blue.....

................nice and clean...........

I feel the gun metal is too modern for the vintage color of the truck..........maybe if the truck was red or yellow......

........just an artsy point of view...........

• Like 1

copy cat...lol...i did these old 5 spokes of mine white pearl

null_zpsca2bed00.jpg

u can see his engine compartment is your color too ...... i like the pure white with your blue .... off white is too yellow for such a clean blue as the color of these trucks...

• Like 1

Had a very productive shop day with busta nut yesterday. But had a few speed bumps.

Started with Replacing the lower alternator bracket cause, 1. One of the bolts came off at some point and

2. It was broken.

7129AAB6-E957-4E48-A571-B8E79D010BF6_zps

So I go to put the new one on and realize the bolt holes to the block are to small for the bolts that were put in by PO.

EEBF5F2E-9375-45BA-8EB2-B43EDFFDA505_zps

CBD2511D-CE95-4862-AF2D-809BC00317F0_zps

So I panic but busta tells me to call a local machine shop to see if they're open. They were so I dropped it off to get the holes bored out.

In the meantime I go back to the shop and tackle replacing the much needed front shocks. Old ones were blown.

0E7DDD12-5206-4411-8ED7-BFF344D66EEF_zps

FA632F89-D7C2-435F-94EC-457905413BCE_zps

293B014E-B353-4A3F-81F5-497ED406D646_zps

• Like 3

The shocks went on no problem. Went and grabbed some lunch and picked up the bracket at machine shop. Installed it.

90FAD421-9812-42D9-B003-F96C0E438AEB_zps

9AC026F7-59CF-404F-8C88-833D5D7D8FE4_zps

And then noticed the upper bracket was cracked and it ended up breaking (previously welded from breaking a year ago) from me wiggling it. Thankfully busta had an extra one that I gave him awhile back and saved the day.

D061EEC4-8B83-404E-A65D-5C2D76DA8016_zps

Replacing the upper bracket is a bitch cause you have to remove the fan pulley cause the bolt is too long and hits the pulley before it can slide out. So, I figured I might as well replace the intake gasket as long as I'm in this deep.

Took off intake.

95EEEDBA-19B4-419E-98C9-37AF78E99E12_zps

758E8536-2D2D-4467-B7E7-0B57D82EE5F6_zps

Old gasket shows where my shot was leaking coolant.

5E8DAB1D-ED0A-443E-A2A7-7060D5D8D37C_zps

4759BE16-9BDA-4ED6-A8C3-900B0ADFDB62_zps

Cleaned everything up splooged on some silicone around the water ports and slapped it back together. But then of course another problem. The center stud was worn down pretty good at the tip so the nut wouldn't thread.

8654CCDC-F3A0-4459-BA53-DE4D0F66CD1B_zps

Found another and replaced it and the third disaster averted. At this point all I had to do was put the alternator back on. So I cleaned it first in the solvent tank and rinsed it with water. Looks like new.

FD152A82-3C97-4B02-A9B8-970FBB030AC5_zps

Got everything back on and last thing was the belt. But now the belt was too short because the old mount allowed more range of motion than the new one. So I thought I was fucked once again. But busta came through once again and he had a spare belt from his 510. Phew! Got everything tightened up, went to start it and saw the ignition light was on without the key even being In the ignition switch. Wtf!!! At this point it was 10pm and we couldn't figure out what had happened to make it do this. So I left the truck at the shop and was going to get a new alt Monday.

Busta texted me this morning and he checked the alt again at the shop and said the light wasn't on anymore. He concluded that the alt was probly still wet inside last night and that was causing the problem. So hopefully i will be picking up the truck later today.

• Like 1