skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i got the new alternator today.(on right0

5B96C3AC-2BF4-420E-A75B-73CDE5630B92_zps

Went to put it on, and now the belt was too long. fuck! busta's boss called a local napa and asked them to check if they had one the right length. they did! picked it up, hooked everything up and started her up. checked charge with voltmeter...it's still overcharging. gadamit!!! now it turns out the regulator has gone tho shit. fucking, she's been fighting me tooth and nail. so tomorrow Busta will order me a new regulator and hopefully that will be the end of all my problems.

i left her at the shop again tonight. :(

3FA5A7A8-845F-4B01-87D6-A2A563F7117B_zps

well, to be fair they were napa shocks and who knows how old they were. these were the shocks the truck came with when i bought it 3 years ago. but it definitely want to raise the shock tower. just gotta take some welding classes

Why didnt u go with internal regulated, i always had issues until i bought a Subaru internal regulated alt that fit right in, and for the same price as external alt, and deleted tge lame regulators, always had issues with new regulators too

I also gave up on the externally regulated alts, I now use early 80s 720 internally regulated alts.

• Like 1

oh and i got a brand new regulator u can has ....it was replaced right before i stopped fucking withthe stock alt and went ir alt..... never looked back

edit (post coffee ) :poke: :poke: :hug: :thumbup:

edit ..(post coffee and drag off the neighbors joint..)  

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69-90-amp-bolt-in-alternator-on-an-l-series-motor/

u got this .... we go to the  junk yard and grab a few alts at a time .... for cores or working ones ... i am still using the same one i got at pick a part 4 years ago....busta needs this too ... my shits got voltage for days .... and im always booming dj magic mikes greatest hit albums

but let me know i would gladly ship u that voltage reg with yo sheet

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to the pnp in Windsor today to see about some 720 4x4 leafs.

FF4D7284-3429-4B7E-BA4B-669530931308_zps

But when I got there the truck only had one leaf. Wtf, who takes one?? So I was bummed

87D6E307-1E79-47EA-A365-D74A543AA5B8_zps

I kept looking but there was no other 720 4x4's.

I did however stumble into a Mazda b2000 and grabbed the window rubber. Jrock said somewhere that it fits in a 521 with some trimming.

5E15E524-33B2-40D3-807F-329E345F286C_zps

53CA104D-EF2E-4316-9E25-5A0E1166D5B1_zps

Slapped it on

EFD817E7-BF44-4DB7-A168-F39E8A6EDE0F_zps

1712CBD8-92A2-4E9C-9315-ECCF05B79651_zps

No more rattle!!!

• Like 1