Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT   I was wrong about the info I have supplied below, these are photos of the 521 door below, but as thisismatt says below, you can just remove the whole wingwindow assembly complete and then work on the gasket R&R, there are no hidden bolts you need to get to inside the door, it's the 320 that has the hidden bolt I was referring to, I get confused sometimes, I have to many projects I am working on at once.

This is the inside of the door, below the center of the wingwindow is a nut with a spring, this nut/spring has to be removed.

DSCN1672.JPG

DSCN1444.JPG

This rivet also has to be drilled out and replaced after the new seal/gasket is installed.

DSCN1883.JPG

• Like 2

I am having issues remembering things, but the lower hole and a long extension is how I did it I think, you also need to be careful not to twist off the shaft the spring/nut is on, if it's really rusty it can break.

Get some PB blaster or something like it and soak the nut/spring/threads before you try removing the first lock nut, there are two nuts there BTW.

DSCN1673.JPG

You take the whole assembly out.  Don't screw around with it in the door.  You remove the 4(?) philips head sheet metal screws along the top front of the door frame, and the 2(?) large philips head screws down on the door panel that hold the forward window track.  That will release the whole assembly.  But, you also have to drop the window glass by removing the bottom roll down stop and the bottom pivot of the door lock linkage.  Once you've done that you can tilt the wing window assembly backwards and then up & out.  Then you can also pull the main glass out and replace your window channel felt and your squeegees...

• Like 3

I did mine it was not rocket science just a pain in the ass. The biggest some what problem is the rivots that have to be re drilled, when i did my vents the standard rivots stuck out just to far to make the window roll up so i just had the back side's tack welded to fix the problem. And dont forget to tighten the spring on the bottom of the glass if it was not mentioned already not break it tight but tight thats what keeps the vent window from closing at high speeds.

• Like 1

You take the whole assembly out.  Don't screw around with it in the door.  You remove the 4(?) philips head sheet metal screws along the top front of the door frame, and the 2(?) large philips head screws down on the door panel that hold the forward window track.  That will release the whole assembly.  But, you also have to drop the window glass by removing the bottom roll down stop and the bottom pivot of the door lock linkage.  Once you've done that you can tilt the wing window assembly backwards and then up & out.  Then you can also pull the main glass out and replace your window channel felt and your squeegees...

That was going to be my next question.

Thanks guys!

Maybe tanker-fever has taken over. Probably sent the lug nuts to the chrome shop...

I'm still loving the truck. Not sold on the white roof but that's probably because I haven't seen it yet. Love the off white wheels. The plasti-dip idea sounds great. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

• Like 1

Aw why not? Getting your lug nuts powder coated now?

Haha. Yea I'm getting them done in pink chrome. I keed. Lug nuts are already chrome.

Work has been slow so i haven't had money for Datsuns. And I have to pay off some outstanding Canby debt. Believe me, I want to get them on pretty badly. But I will have to be patient.

Yea I am. More like I have to. Lol.

So I drove the ol' girl and did some light engine bay cleaning.

Zipped up the ignition wiring.

2F43DA01-D61B-463C-9BEC-8AFA77EFE2E3_zps

Engine oic

5FF38AC1-DACD-45A6-9683-8C3E0B574A2A_zps

She was dirty

39C2FF75-27F0-4ABD-BA02-62BBA06D69D9_zps

So I gave her a bath

1A5166E7-5165-4FDD-9A1F-5596E6ED0E6D_zps

Gonna remove rear bumper today.

5A155A4F-B52F-475A-BD07-9C25F1757DF8_zps

Anyone want this anchor?

More oics later with bumper off

alright kindnof an update.

Rear bumper remOval today. The shit was welded pretty good to the frame so i tried to cut it with cuttin wheel but no good. Then tried sawzal but ran out of blades.

3F79A5AB-BF68-4F2C-92A8-94453578F4F1_zps

Lights out

1809F2DC-0FA0-41D9-A18D-BFD8B2899B40_zps

So busta nut suggested torchin' that shit.

A1A5BA49-DFAF-4FFD-994D-8B8A8EB38DDE_zps

Bumper off!

11BDC414-9814-4A9F-92F4-47ADD956231A_zps

Bozo style?

E4A8BA31-AC7B-4B8A-BF69-23DC54CA42A4_zps

Just kidding

75C48936-99FD-41F8-87C5-EB7843DB6C45_zps

319B643C-5A19-4DA6-8A3A-483F266E8BE4_zps