New to the 521 crew!

DatWifey

yo,  the eagle has landed ...naner and piglet just dropped the cargo off and i will procede with the turd polishing ....its much nicer then naner talks it down to be.....

That goofy dog could have spent the rest of the day sniffing out all the urine in your hedges..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of an updated, but it's something.  I've just been dailying this, and we've been picking away at cutting rust areas out of the floorpans in our 510 and welding patches back in.

But, I finally got some of my shit back from JRock the other weekend during the meet at his place. 

So, take my freshly powder-coated dog-dishes:

IMG_2040_zps1fd3589d.jpg

Add some custom decals from Crackerjack:

IMG_2045_zpsdc24ca77.jpg

And, ta-da!!!!  :w00t:

IMG_2049_zps338b7f8d.jpg

Now I just need to finish painting my other two wheels to match.....

• Like 1
Not much of an updated, but it's something.  I've just been dailying this, and we've been picking away at cutting rust areas out of the floorpans in our 510 and welding patches back in.

But, I finally got some of my shit back from JRock the other weekend during the meet at his place. 

So, take my freshly powder-coated dog-dishes:

IMG_2040_zps1fd3589d.jpg

Add some custom decals from Crackerjack:

IMG_2045_zpsdc24ca77.jpg

And, ta-da!!!!  :w00t:

IMG_2049_zps338b7f8d.jpg

Now I just need to finish painting my other two wheels to match.....

This is nice, I always thought something should be in the middle of the 521 hubcaps.

Ha, yeah, there is still a ton to do on the truck, but the majority of our time lately is to get the 510 road-worthy to become my daily.  Once that happens, the truck will get more love again and we'll start rebuilding the L20e to drop into it later in the summer.  But things never stop on any of the projects.  The ideas and conversations still go full-steam regarding all three.... or four if you count the bastard-child Maxima :lol: .... if only we had time to work on all of them at the same time.  Focusing on one project, to get to a specific goal, is how we keep motivated to continue picking away :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Well, we finally took a much needed break from working on the 510 to do a little sprucing up on this old girl.  It's been a bit over a year since we swapped on the Dragon Green hood and have just been running it as is.  I've been wanting to pull out the dent on the front driver's side and get it painted for a while, but life has been a little less than forgiving for us the past year, so instead it's just remained as-is and it's just been mismatched and my daily-driver.

It's kind of hard to tell, but the front driver's corner as a little buckled from something

IMG_2555_zps3df8f3cf.jpg

So, Brody made a small cut, and we massaged it until it was quite a bit better, then re-welded

IMG_2559_zps6b53e5cd.jpg

IMG_2563_zps2982f9f2.jpg

Did a little sanding

IMG_2567_zpsf9139c1f.jpg

Then some filler primer to fill in the pock marks and some slight low spots, then a little wet sanding

IMG_2569_zps4593e658.jpg

IMG_2573_zps7580cfcf.jpg

and had a little issue with our larger of the two compressors that we run in series shitting the bed just as we were prepping the paint gun (this ought to be a fun one to get out)

IMG_2582-1_zpsac89731d.jpg

IMG_2583_zps44a9058f.jpg

but thankfully we didn't really need it to do this small of a piece, so we just ran the small guy and finally got started painting it at 9pm last night.  Came out pretty well though!

IMG_2581_zps76544f9a.jpg

Letting it dry for the day, and just letting Lila run a little skimpy today

Image05202013091307_zps600074e1.jpg

Thanks Tanker!  We have a couple spare doors with decent windows and seals on them that are in a holding pattern until this becomes more of the full-time project again.  And as far as the dash pad goes.... I have my heart set on a 520 metal dash (just like every other 521 owner :rolleyes: ), so I'm kind of holding out for that.  But thank you for the offers.

And just cruising back through my thread, I just realized that I forgot to post my pics of the new-and-improved tailgate chains  :o

Jon powdercoated them for me, and then we found some 1" heat-shrink tubing at Fry's and got a little protective sleeve on them.  I'm in love! :wub:

IMG_2426-1_zps5f1c531c.jpg

IMG_2431_zpsec30c108.jpg

Before:

IMG_2440_zps36cc3513.jpg

After:

IMG_2439-1_zpsc4d0e529.jpg

Sometimes even the little things matter :cool:   Hell, even Icehouse was jelly of them..... that has to say something! :lol:

I run a couple compressors in series also 5hp and 2hp  and one popped a intake line like that while i was standing right next to it,,  only mine just popped out,,, and i think i aged at least 3 years in a second..