New to the 521 crew!

DatWifey

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm really not sure exactly where they came from, nor whether they were stock bumpers, or upgrades at the time of manufacturing. But if I were in your place, I'd do just as you're talking about, and fabricate your brackets to fit your truck :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Kind of excited to get this portion of the project underway for our truck: L20b factory EFI with 5-speed.

Took my prize find (amazing condition L18e manifold acquired for $50) and stripped it down to send off to the machine shop. I will not under any circumstance be hacking on that manifold, but I wanted to make it easy on the machinist to modify our W53 head:

Bundle of Worms:

bundleworms.jpg

Naked Manifold (No broken bolts!biggrin.gif)

naked.jpg

Wow, I just noticed that I never even updated. I guess it was wishful thinking that we'd finish what we had started. Just after the last update of putting my father-in-law to work, Brodster left for two weeks to work in San Diego, and once he got home the weather up here in Seattle had pretty much gone to shit. We did finish the ass end of the frame, but the bed is still off (wrapped in a tarp in the backyard) partially sand blasted on the under side.

This truck is currently on hold (for the most part) until we get the Z20 fired up in our 510 to clear space in our single-car garage...... <_<

Everything youve done is great! Nice work.

Cant wait to do some of the same to mine.

The light lens housings came out really good.

Good to see these mirrors, Different mounts. "V" detail smidgen different.. Your frame is not as extended, nicer. My uncle had a toyota p/u when i was little, always thought how cool these style mirrors were on it.

IMG_3224.jpg

Mirror.jpg

• 7 months later...

wait waht happened to the efi i was salavating i wanna see where that goes .....and would a tank from a carbed mazda extra cab 87ish be any better at least u could put it in the bed....i have a spare one from a truck we fourlinked.....had a spare datsunone forever...

very nice 521 ya got there, I just started restoring and fixing my dad's DAT up. Very sweet ride.

I NEED THE FOLLOWING FOR MY 521....

tailgate

door locks

Headlight trim (mine is rusted or if you know how to get these clean let me know.)

I'm looking for these parts for my 521, thanks and very nice 521

very nice 521 ya got there, I just started restoring and fixing my dad's DAT up. Very sweet ride.

tailgate

door locks

Headlight trim (mine is rusted or if you know how to get these clean let me know.)

I was looking for a used plasma TV .. Do you or brodster know where i can get one??

• Like 1

wait waht happened to the efi i was salavating i wanna see where that goes .....and would a tank from a carbed mazda extra cab 87ish be any better at least u could put it in the bed....i have a spare one from a truck we fourlinked.....had a spare datsunone forever...

Oh, don't you worry. The EFI is still coming. Once the move happens and we get all of our shit back out of storage, the swap is back on. Life has gotten in the way temporarily.

And I just PM'd you back about the gas tank. Thanks for the offer! I might actually mention it to Brodster though, and see if he may actually want it. I know that he was thinking about putting a baffle in the tank so as to not suffocate the EFI on hard turns, but I'm not sure if he's still really set on that or not. Not like we rally the truck or anything :lol:

tailgate

door locks

Thanks for the compliments! I don't think that I currently have spares of any of the parts that you're looking for, but I MIGHT have the headlight surrounds (if that's the actual piece you're looking for. There's a lot of shit around the headlights, so I might need to verify which piece(s) you're looking for first). I don't currently have access to anything, but I'll try to check up on your thread and see if you've found anything before I start digging through my stuff when I get back to it.

Eh, while I'm here.... here are a few more pics for the story-book :D

Picked all of this shit up probably about a month or two ago off of a poor little 521 at the Lynnwood Pick N Pull.

Stock Mirrors with the Datsun logo stamped on them, Dealer warranty pouch with original sales documents from the truck we grabbed it out of, stock tailgate chain, grille, stock stereo & speaker, kangaroo pouch... you know, just a few goodies

IMG_0438.jpg

And here is an up-to-date photo of the panels and seat cover that I stitched up, as well as a 720 floor mat cut into sections to fit the 521.

IMG_0194.jpg

And, our big love going for a ride with me last night. :wub:

IMG00323-20120723-1952.jpg

I was looking for a used plasma TV .. Do you or brodster know where i can get one??

me too... i'm thinking like 46" would be sweet... i can put it up in the bedroom..... bananana just wants to update his jo-ing closet...i would actually watch something be sides dude on priest sot core sh!t

ps i have no money....i was told the efi unit i now want would cost me 800 so im ff to craigslist....look for me under toy trains & man dimeage....i offer quater hour discounts.....

bananana dont blow my phone up again, i told u when im done withthe trains i will give them back, clean

Oh, don't you worry. The EFI is still coming. Once the move happens and we get all of our shit back out of storage, the swap is back on. Life has gotten in the way temporarily.

And I just PM'd you back about the gas tank. Thanks for the offer! I might actually mention it to Brodster though, and see if he may actually want it. I know that he was thinking about putting a baffle in the tank so as to not suffocate the EFI on hard turns, but I'm not sure if he's still really set on that or not. Not like we rally the truck or anything :lol:

Thanks for the compliments! I don't think that I currently have spares of any of the parts that you're looking for, but I MIGHT have the headlight surrounds (if that's the actual piece you're looking for. There's a lot of shit around the headlights, so I might need to verify which piece(s) you're looking for first). I don't currently have access to anything, but I'll try to check up on your thread and see if you've found anything before I start digging through my stuff when I get back to it.

I haven't found anything yet, I need the bezels for both head lights. I also need the guard underneath the front bumper (valence). You have one of these?

Thanks.

bananana dont blow my phone up again, i told u when im done withthe trains i will give them back, clean

Did you steal his kid's trains?

I haven't found anything yet, I need the bezels for both head lights. I also need the guard underneath the front bumper (valence). You have one of these?

Thanks.

I do have another valance that I'm going to swap onto ours at some point, but I'm not sure when yet. But, I'm really not too sure how well that would ship. But, we can cross that bridge when the time comes, as it's probably not going to be near future. I will keep you in mind and let you know when it does happen though and see if you're still in need of it.

Also, for the lights, are you talking about this piece for both sides?

IMG_4477.jpg

Did you steal his kid's trains?

I do have another valance that I'm going to swap onto ours at some point, but I'm not sure when yet. But, I'm really not too sure how well that would ship. But, we can cross that bridge when the time comes, as it's probably not going to be near future. I will keep you in mind and let you know when it does happen though and see if you're still in need of it.

Also, for the lights, are you talking about this piece for both sides?

IMG_4477.jpg

Yea those are the pieces I need for both sides.....mine look like this on truck right now:

photo-24.jpg

Here is a shot of the front of the truck and I'm missng that valance piece. I'd like to get one of these if we could figure out a way to ship it.

photo-25.jpg

What do you want for the 2 pieces around the headlights? What would you want for the valance?

I don't have anything on hand right now, I was just trying to make sure we were on the same page about the headlight part you need. Like I said, I MIGHT have the headlight surrounds, but can't say for certain. We're in-between places right now, so all of our stuff is currently packed into 3 storage units. But, once we get everything out, I'll try to remember to go through my tubs of spare parts and see if I have any more. As far as the valance, I can't say for sure when we'll be swapping that either, as we need to get work done on the one we're planning to put on. But, once it happens, I'll let you know.

I don't have anything on hand right now, I was just trying to make sure we were on the same page about the headlight part you need. Like I said, I MIGHT have the headlight surrounds, but can't say for certain. We're in-between places right now, so all of our stuff is currently packed into 3 storage units. But, once we get everything out, I'll try to remember to go through my tubs of spare parts and see if I have any more. As far as the valance, I can't say for sure when we'll be swapping that either, as we need to get work done on the one we're planning to put on. But, once it happens, I'll let you know.

Gotcha, that'd be awesome whenever ya get the chance. :) Thanks.

To be honest, you're probably going to have a hell of a time finding one much straighter than that. The one currently on our truck is probably just as bad as yours, and the one we're going to swap on is a bit better, but is going to need some massaging as well. Those pieces just seem to get wrinkled and dented too easily.