New to the 521 crew!

DatWifey

how do you keep those chains from falling off? i had to zip tie mine to stay put

When one drives, you take both off and place under seat. When needed for most auspicious car show, you pull both out from under seat, reattach as needed. Or you zip tie them.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you.I think.haha :confused:

Haha, I'm just fucking with you.  I do appreciate it :)

I run a couple compressors in series also 5hp and 2hp  and one popped a intake line like that while i was standing right next to it,,  only mine just popped out,,, and i think i aged at least 3 years in a second..

Yeah, that one didn't really pop, just finally vibrated itself off entirely.  I think it was a while in the works and finally just fully went last night.  I swear, shit never goes as smoothly as it should for us.  Oh well.  Story of our lives.... we deal with it and keep marching on.

by the way do you have the D that goes on the hood,if not let me know and i can you the guy here in Cali that has new re-pro ones that are very nice.His name is Hector.

We do have one, but I'm not sure that we'll put it on yet.  This paint job was just to get it closer to one color again, but I'm unsure of how long it will be until we will be doing it again more clean.  But yeah, we have one somewhere in our stash. :thumbup:

how do you keep those chains from falling off? i had to zip tie mine to stay put

Fucking magic, dude!  No, honestly, I've had one hook come off on great occasion, but otherwise, they're just chillin and don't seem to move around too much.  I've been running stock chains (I swapped out sets while Jon had these newly minted ones) for over two years now (and daily it 60-miles a day for 7 months now).   I guess I'm just lucky.... and am keeping a little stock pile in case I end up like everyone else and lose one.

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...i love those adorkable doggies!

the truck is schweeeeeeeet, too! heh

Thanks :)  Sadly, we lost the Pug to cancer a little over a year and a half ago.  The big guy is still gracefully aging though, and digs the truck :wub:

If only I didn't have to work and could spend time working on this project as well.  One of these days I'll get back to spiffing it up, but right now I just need to maintain it asmy daily while we focus mostly on the 510 to get that to daily status and start the motor swap on this.  But, we're about to move again (essentially the 3rd time in a year), so hopefully this summer will bring us back on track with projects.

We put the hood back on this evening.  It's not perfect, by any means, but I'm still super happy with it for now :)

IMG_2608_zps94a4f3a7.jpg

IMG_2611_zpseb0a10e6.jpg

OMG Those chains are fugging retarded. I'm soo gonna do that. All these years I been hanging on to them having them bead blasted and not really knowing what to do with them. Now I know. :thumbup:

I just placed a order through Fry's.

Nice job on the hood.

• Like 1

OMG Those chains are fugging retarded. I'm soo gonna do that. All these years I been hanging on to them having them bead blasted and not really knowing what to do with them. Now I know. :thumbup:

I just placed a order through Fry's.

Nice job on the hood.

Haha, glad I could help with rounding out that project for you ;)  I have to credit Brody with the idea for the heat-shrink.  He mentioned that clear is made, but wasn't sure if we would find any around locally.  Happened to stop by Fry's in Renton one afternoon while down that way and just stumbled across it while wandering around the store.  Damn near forgot to even look for it.  I'm super stoked with how they turned out.

I bet you want to paint the entire truck now,its going to kill you to polish the hood only.lol

Haha, yeah, you've got that right!  Oh well.  We have bigger fish to fry like actually getting the 510 and Roadster RUNNING and a L20bE swap into this, rather than this thing just looking pretty.  That day will come, but not right now.  I'm okay with that B)

I like the chains and the heat shrink. Just found some chains, but I need to get the hooks now. Did yours have the hooks on them already or did you get them from a different source?

The hooks are stock.  This set were on our truck when we bought it, and I have another set that we snagged at some point since, and I think I have one additional from another JY truck last Spring.

I actually want to do another set, but weld a small clip onto each hook to prohibit them from falling off on their own.  We'll see how the money situation goes over the next little while.

• 4 weeks later...

so weird I see your sig says Everett, but while I was showing my nephews from Texas around Alki I saw this:

IMG_0468.jpg

I swear I'm not stalking... it really is crazy that I read your whole thread this AM and then saw your truck in real life this afternoon!!

• Like 1

haha, that's crazy!  We do live in Everett, but I work in the house across the street from where it's parked down here by Alki. 

Did you see the 1200 parked in front of it, or was it gone at that point?  A co-worker just got his 1200 running, and has been driving it a bit lately. 

I drove it yesterday ... had to pump the crap out of the brakes and I had to shift at just the right time... clutch disc is stuck to the flywheel... and the 21 year flat spots on all 4 corners are brutal. I will have it up soon. I would like to make it to some meets. 

• 1 month later...

Still very little work being done on this, just dailying it and keeping it running is all the love it's getting for the time-being.

But, Jrock has had the valance that Naner hooked us up with for a few months now.  We finally had a pressing reason come up to head down to Olympia this past Saturday, so it was time to take our stuff out of Jrock Storage and bring it home.

Thanks again to both Naner for the straight valance, and to Jon for hooking us up with the powdercoat on it!!  I can't express my gratitude.

IMG_2914_zpsd97be1eb.jpg

IMG_2922_zpsc021d03f.jpg

The main reason we made the impromptu trip  :wub:    This little fella is going to attempt to fill the void of losing both dogs that are photographed with this 521 in the first post.   he's got some big shoes to fill ;)

If any of you who see this are 'friends' with either of us on FB, please don't say anything on there yet.  We're surprising my mom when we go to see them in two weeks.

Ratsun, meet Liam.

IMG_2918_zpsd401effe.jpg

• Like 1