New to the 521 crew!

DatWifey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we finally got a chance to pull some tools out of storage this past week to get the new weber 32/36 swapped on. We also accidentally found our gas tank in one of our three storage units, so we were able to get to work on that while we were at it with the truck. (Thanks again for offering up yours JRock!)

Come Friday afternoon our Subaru's clutch decided to take a complete shit on us, so it kind of made the work on the 521 a bit more important, being as we need it for a DD until we can get the Subi fixed. Pumpkin got the Subaru delivered via tow truck today to do the clutch swap, since we can't do shit like that without a real workspace in our motel parking lot, and we got a few things done with the 521.

We're ready for Blue Lake! :w00t:

New Weber (& thermostat & radiator cap)

IMG_0796.jpg

Our ghetto gas tank set-up with integrated breather (yep, it's a fuel filter :D )

IMG_0801.jpg

And I finally have a fuel gauge again!!! No more running out of gas to and from meets! :rofl:

IMG_0806.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess you could say it's custom. It was just re-cored with a 3 row internal. Some dude on the Realm was selling it for dirt cheap, so we swooped. We are trying to go pseudo stock on the truck, so this was just pure luck that we got this stock one that had been re-cored.

Yeah, life kind of got busy, and sort of got in the way. But thanks for the comments!

We actually did quite a bit in the past 9 months on our 510, and had to put this on the back burner. We still have a bit more planned, but the husband is headed to grad school in about a month, so things will be pretty slow then as well. Hopefully I can start picking up some of the slack though and get some shit done while he's busy buried in the books :)

colored wheels would set this truck off.... lol and a matching valve cover :angel: :rofl: :w00t: :wub: :hairy:

like a bright orange ..... phxius has some shots of his on a set of green ones we did....on his 521...i did my 510 steelies off whiteish tan.....there currently on a 68 corona though...

Oh, if we had the time to have it up on jackstands, and get the tires pulled off and all the other shit, and the funds to pay you for your work, you'd have the wheels and dog dishes, as well as a valve cover to do up for us. We actually saw a valve cover that I tried to talk Brody into buying me at Canby..... but NOOOOOO. :lol: I think there's possibly something in the works for a custom valve cover though for the L20b efi swap, so I need to be patient for now and see what we work out before getting too far ahead of myself :sneaky:

Trust me though, I'll try to get a little *fu* account to put some money aside into and this will be done before Canby '13. Now I just need to talk him into doing the rims on the 510 :devil:

Nicely done with the emoticons too, jackass! LOL :fu:

hahahah trying your advice... ps fuck paying me most of my customers do feel that way.......

i say on the efi 510 ... do what just joel did... all black wrinkle.....his moor look awesome all black wrinkle and i hate using one color for everything... but fr some reason under the hood of his goon i was all.. :w00t: ...and after staring for ten plus minutes under his hood i .... :poop: ...was a little :confused: ...felt like a :ninja: ...but still couldnt take off how clean his under hood was all black wrinkle... :thumbup: :devil:

ps fuck paying me most of my customers do feel that way.......

i say on the efi 510 ... do what just joel did... all black wrinkle....

510 efi? Fuck the 510, I'm talking about the 521 right now..... There's a different thread for the 510 ;) No, really though, the 510 is a whole different matter. But I like the idea of the simplicity of the black wrinkle. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I even told Brody that I liked it when we were looking at Joel's goon.

When I said that we're looking at a custom valve cover I don't mean color scheme bullshit, it's something Brody is trying to be all :ninja: about right now.

And yeah, we're not most of your other customers. I won't ask you to do anything for us until we have the money to pay you..... that's just how we operate :geek:

Oh, trust me, I have no problem with front of the line treatment, but I will definitely pay you. Just like anyone else, you run a business and you've got a family to support. I can respect that. :)

Haha, the only reason I can say fuck 510s right now is because we still don't have ours, and it's the only Datsun of ours that I'll never, EVER be able to call mine...... even though I'm going to be DD'ing it again soon :lol:

Haha, nicely played Tristin.

And yeah, I can understand the feeling, to an extent, of being jaded after not being able to drive something for a long period of time. I'm afraid of that with the Roadster once we get it, but I don't think it will even compare to the 6 years we didn't drive the 510 when we didn't have the money or time to get it fixed and drivable.

• 2 months later...

Not much of an update, but a little is better than nothing :)

We haven't had much time to have any forward progress on this, as we've been settling into a new place, working on our Maxima struts and selling our Subaru. Since moving and prepping the Subi to sell, I've been driving this daily. I now have a 60 mile round-trip commute, but it's been running like a champ for the most part.

I finally got my shit together a little bit and sent some stuff off to Jrock for some powdercoating. Included in that stuff are the dog dishes for this. Being as they're going to look all nice and shit, I figured I might as well get off my ass and do something with the wheels. If I could afford to get them powdercoated, I would have, but for now it's just good ole Rustoleum spray paint. It's a bit overkill standing alone, but this is going to be nice with the beauty rings, dog dishes and decals that Crackerjack made up for me :D

This too is a slow but steady project. I started with the spare tire that needs to be rotated in. I am doing one at a time, since I need to drive this everyday. It's a little funny looking with 3 black wheels and one burgundy, but oh well :sleep:

A little teaser of what's to come (the color of the wheel isn't completely accurate due to the lighting, but it's close)

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Some decals to match the color-scheme I have going on.... Thanks Cracka ;)

IMG_1407.jpg