NEW POSTING RULES - read!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason I mentioned that the sales should have more info is I have wasted more time giving potential buyers a shipping quote and never to hear back from a few of them.

since the for sales thead has been refined some, i'll go ahead and put up that info and see how it flys. when the time comes..

and want is so complicated about finding out what shipping cost is. I do it everytime someone is wanting parts. ;)

Really good advise 420! This is less a rule and more of a damn smart thing to do if you are a seller. It is up to the seller to write the best post he can while meeting out minimum requirements.

• Like 1

It's so sad to see "510 parts WA f/s $10 call xxx xxxxx for pics". I would be strongly tempted to erase it from the board. It contains minimum requirements but will generate posts for more info and pictures. Plus ratsun has no idea what is being offered to people that reply to the phone number. At least if it is in a proper post, it can be seen by all and if there is something 'fishy' it can be reported. For example someone may know that they were stolen, or the seller a scammer and can report it.

Bottom line here, is that if you are serious about selling something to the membership you should get really serious about you for sale post. Your sale post should (in theory) explain everything and answer all questions about the item. Part of that explanation are clear pictures, and not blurry cell phone ones that only cause more questions. Anything you can think of that will help the sale should be included. More is better and it can always be pruned down later. Honesty is also encouraged. Does it have any flaws? say so.

I also think if you know some history or some tech about the item for sale you should post it up in that thread. That's why we are here after all, to share the tech.

As far as knowing the part is shit or whatever, report the ad with a note and proof, and let the mods take care of it.

It's not, but is strongly recommended. People will only ask for one anyway, no one is going to buy without looking first. Besides in this day and age of digital cameras how hard is it anyway? Some sellers don't even know what they are selling and/or list it incorrectly, so a good picture will clear this up.

het i got to say ,its about time, i havent wanted to post in classifieds for a long time just cause the drama and have only done it when i felt i had to....i posted my car a few days ago and havent had any crap, infact to my surprise i have had alot of positive remarks and pms..... anyway thx mods this should help....