• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_0213.jpg

Wayno is my Datsun pu Yoda!

IMG_0212.jpg

Loved the newer cars. Mean looking Maxima. Love that grill.

IMG_0211.jpg

Some of the sickest engines swaps I've ever seen.

IMG_0209.jpg

A nice collection of tricked out L engines.

IMG_0208.jpg

It took me and a couple other dudes to figure this engine looked so crazy because it was missing all the stuff that cover up all the other stuff...ummm you know you are not a gear head when you can't even identify what is missing!

IMG_0207.jpg

Big modern engine in little old datsun.

IMG_0206.jpg

I still don't understand how a 4 cylinder engine can have a Z valve cover?!

IMG_0202.jpg

Man air filters as big as my head as far as the eye can see. Sicktastic.

IMG_0196.jpg

Probably one of my favorite looking engines...which one it is, I donno. I just know I love the way it looks, modern in the old cars, yet kinda retro looking. With a hint of I'm a nerd.

IMG_0205.jpg

By far my favorite interior. I'm so biting this.

IMG_0197.jpg

Love the provenance of this truck with the Hawaii plate. I learned what provenance meant from antique road show. It made me think of the how and why someone would ship a Datsun pu from HI to the PNW. It's about 2 grand to ship a small truck last I checked nuf said. So that leaves two other likely possibilities. A military dude that wasn't paying the bill and wanted his little truck back home. The other is it was a long time ago when it was a bunch cheaper...still. Datsun owners are a special breed. Blue Lake was very nice, and educational for me, thanks.

It's a 2.4 TwinCam -- the direct descendant of the Quad4. Same basic architecture but with some NVH refinements and different bore/stroke. It's tricky to identify because I did away with the direct ignition and cover that is usually found on top. I like the look of the exposed cam towers and the reliability of the traditional DIS coilpacks better. It's currently a combination of parts from 1996 Grand Am GT, 1997 Achieva SL, 1997 Cavalier, and 2000 Alero.