• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Putting her to work!!! 

ADF557E7-F507-4E24-9702-31C43C33377C.jpg

I really hate to be that guy........

but what are you lowered with? Just torsion bars and blocks? What your wheel size and tire specs? I really like this look. Pretty sure I saw this parked somewhere and stared at it for a while!

I really hate to be that guy........

but what are you lowered with? Just torsion bars and blocks? What your wheel size and tire specs? I really like this look. Pretty sure I saw this parked somewhere and stared at it for a while!

Torsions in the front, rear is 3" blocks and 720 leafs plus 1/2 yard of gravel. :thumbup:  15x8 wheels 195/50/15 tires.

Torsions in the front, rear is 3" blocks and 720 leafs plus 1/2 yard of gravel. :thumbup:  15x8 wheels 195/50/15 tires.

Did you notch the frame at all? Or do you just not mind bottoming out on frame? Lol.

I just picked up some 15x8.5 and 720 springs as well. Do you have to use the 720 shackles? Or can I use the 620 ones?

Did you notch the frame at all? Or do you just not mind bottoming out on frame? Lol.

I just picked up some 15x8.5 and 720 springs as well. Do you have to use the 720 shackles? Or can I use the 620 ones?

No notch, front bottoms out but rear not at all. I used the 620 shackles with the 720 bushings!

I couldn't stand it anymore - i had to remove my fenderliners. shit was getting way too annoying, rubbing and all.

any of you guys who are pretty low have issues with tire scrub up front? For fuck's sake, my front end loves to squeal around corners and when coming to a stop. Too much camber is what I'm thinking....

Did you have to do anything to the 720 bushings for the shackles? I know for the fronts, you can just drill them out and use the 620 front bolt.

The rears I used the 620 shackles and bushings if I remember right, did it years ago! The fronts I bought new 720 rubber bushings and drilled them out to fit the 620 bolt and metal spacer

• Like 1

Just picked up a peanut W58 head for $30, and 2 L20b short blocks for free. I think a mild "for-fun" build is in the works........

Head has a few flaws. Missing cam journals. (Why would anyone ever even remove these...?) and 2 coolant passages appear to have heavy corrosion. ..and the P.O. tried to port intake

ports. We'll see how that goes, though.

One of two short blocks was good, minus the normal crack between 2 and 3 on the bolt hole. Is there a good way to repair this? Can a machine shop successfully weld it up and it be ok, or is it really a big deal and can I just reassemble the engine? The other block needs a rebuild. Parts of rod and piston are sitting in the pan :-O